Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,661 to 29,680 of 31,274 messages
24/10/2012 at 14:15

Hi All,

AgentGinger wish I  had your social life  Glad the runnning is going well to.

Well according to road signs and google maps its taken me two hours to walk five miles. At least now I have a route I can follow now, as the full route will be 6.2 miles round route.

Hope your all ok?

24/10/2012 at 14:27

Wow Agent Ginger that's some mileage.  Probably out for 3 or 4 tomorrow and then local cross country 5k on Saturday if my knee feels ok.

Well done Sinbad - stick with it.

24/10/2012 at 15:56

Good running AG Are you dressing up for the party?

Well done sinbad

25/10/2012 at 12:20

Hello everyone!   Been a busy bee and then a kinda poorly girl with that cold that's going around, but fortunately I only had it for three days thank's to Mr TST's super nuke 'em chilli two nights in a row!  Works every time, get a sniff of a cold, have the chilli and the cold will be gone within a day or so.  It even works for Mr TST and because of his immunity problems he's more prone to colds; we should make it in bulk and sell it!  

See people have been out doing a bit of running, well done.  I'm struggling again at the moment with my knee and have had to drop back to run 6, walk 2 x 3. I think part of the problem is that I've not been using my TRX which was really helping build my leg strength up, but it was difficult to use attached to the door because of the shape of the spare room.  So I've spanked £35 on a ceiling mount   and after a little discussion with Mr TST we are selling the sofa bed (getting a double airbed for the odd occassion people come) and converting the spare room into a gym for me!!   I'll be able to set Jessica up in there on the turbo and have space to use the TRX and the ball thingy so it'll be great.  Plus we're getting Sky multiroom and HD so I'll be able to train on the bike watching Biggest Loser Australia in HD and Mr TST won't have to suffer it!

Can't believe Tuesday was 50 weeks off the booze!   Only two weeks to go before I hit the big milestone of one year.  At one point just before I quit I didn't even know if I'd live to see another year   Still a long way to go with things, but you can't expect to be f*cked up for 30 years and fix it overnight can you?

25/10/2012 at 14:43

When you start selling that chilli TST I'll buy some portions   Just had the cold too.

Yay to turning your room into a gym and sorting the Sky out, sounds like a fab plan.

A huge  to the 50 weeks also.  We can have a thread *party* in 2 weeks

25/10/2012 at 14:52

Ooo, yes we could!  And we could have CAKE!!!!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/jumpy_grins.gif?width=350

yeo
25/10/2012 at 15:08

Hehe, great idea!

50 weeks is brilliant, TST!  You're right, it takes a lot of time and effort to overturn years of abuse, but the longer you're down the road, the more you see it's worth it. Your 'sensible' training regime seems to be going well too.

My tum is much better now, though maybe not up to super nuke 'em chilli, although I like the idea in principle.  I'm planning on going back to work on Saturday, I've not been 'symptom-free' (ahem) for long enough to be in the cafe kitchen tomorrow.

25/10/2012 at 16:13

Cheers Trigger, it's not exactly the 100miles a week that some folk on this forum can knock out, but for me it's a decent steady mileage that I feel i'm getting to.

I keep logs of my runs, how I'm feeling on the day, amount and quality of sleep, resting HR, units of alcohol drank, and a comment. I'm a bit of a data junkie and use it to try to spot trends, and partly as a motivator to keep going. I've noticed that this month I've already clocked up more miles than in any single month training for my Marathon in 2010. And I don't feel like i'm anywhere near maxing out. Feels like i'm cheating a bit by jogging to/from work, getting in some "junk" miles (very low pace, I'm trying to build endurance as suggested by HADD) but for me the routine is helpful in just keeping going. Finding it pretty tough going this week, still recovering from the excesses of the weekend, but just pushing through slowly, and i think it has become a habit, which can't be a bad thing.

Cinders, i'm going to try looking for something on saturday afternoon, but failing that I've got last years ball-hugging skeleton morph suit to fall back on. Not a pretty look, but it'll do the trick

25/10/2012 at 16:35

Lol AG, now if you wear that we'd like pics   Asda has quite a bit in the dress up dept, not sure how much is adult sized though.  Did pick up a nice hat and broomstick this week

Glad you're feeling a bit better Yeo.  Hope you are *symptom-free* soon!

25/10/2012 at 17:08

Seems like you've got a dressing up buddy Cinders - I won't tell AG the full extent of your dressing up fixation - hell find out himself in time 

Briliant running AG, I haven't run since Sunday's 7 miles.  I've been eating 'normal' food the past few weeks as it's kept the nicotine cravings at bay but it really doesn't do my stomach any good (crohn's disease).  It seems the more 'raw' I eat the less I can tolerate cooked food.  I couldn't risk leaving the house for a run till today and today I'm too knackered!

On that point I should say glad you're feeling better Yeo 

You managed to convince hubby to get rid of the sofa bed then TST  I'd love my own gym but every time I think I can convert the spare room it's needed for someone or something else - my lovely daughter has moved into it now .....

The thread party will be perfect timing - it'll be a year for me too on 5th November and one month not smoking  

26/10/2012 at 09:47

Getting my food back on track today

Brekkie - 5 bananas, 10 Medijool dates

Lunch: 2L freshly squeezed orange juice 

Not decided on dinner yet but it'll be some fruit followed by a large salad ------- unless I get swayed by the chip shop.....................  I shall try my best not to as I need to get out for a run this weekend and for me eating anything fatty only results in running to the loo 

26/10/2012 at 10:18

Woooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/mex_wave_1966.gif?width=350

The Leisure Centre have finally got the stuff to do the presentation for the winner of the Olympic Challange   Which would be ME!!!   Am so bloody excited; I've not won an event before and I'm not likely to again so want to make the most of it!  It's on Monday and my sister is coming to watch, although unfortunately Mum is flying out to Madeira on Monday so she can't come. 

Sofa bed is all sold now too SL, so can start looking at airbeds and will move Jessica upstairs onto her winter turbo position at the weekend   Hopefully the Sky bloke will be coming next week too to upgrade the package and then I can cycle away whilst watching my rubbish telly to my hearts content   Now just need to invest in a few weights and kettlebells and I'll be all set.

Yes, think we definitely need pictures AG!  Hope you are much better now Yeo. *hugs*

Sometimes feels the lesser of two evils doesn't it SL, compromising one thing to help you quit another.  Well done on quitting smoking though and it'll all be worth it in the long run.

So, thread party it is on Tuesday 6 November then to celebrate one year of sobriety for me and SL.  Definitely needs to be cake, are we going for fancy dress too?!

26/10/2012 at 12:21

I'll see if i can upload some pics after this weekend. I had a bit of an ankle injury yesterday on my run home, minor i think but resting it today, so hope to get a 70min run in tomorrow (Verrrrrrrry slowwwwwww) before I go round my mates house to start boozing.

26/10/2012 at 12:21

p.s. well done TST, great work

26/10/2012 at 14:20

Oh yes, fancy dress is a *must* TST

26/10/2012 at 15:05

Hi All,

Fantastic news about the booze TST and others. Sounds like a thread party is looming, am I invited?

I'm struggleing booze wise at moment, I was out Thursday, so thats twice so far this week. But the good news is I will hopefully be doing 5 miles Saturday. So thats 2 long runs, walk in a week.

I will keep trying with the booze though. I'm getting panic attacks virtually all the time now, but I can't remmeber who said it, but its to be expected when you have been so used to going for a pint when things get somewhat rough all the time.

But great news for the 50 weeks, I'm so determined to catch up to you all in a friendly way .

Glad your all running well to.

But running wise I have managed 4 runs come Saturday, so I'm back on track.

Glad to hear aboutthe chilli working to for that bug everyone seems to be getting.

When I went for my first 6 miler Wednesday, it was really foggy. It got worse when I got onto the moors, visabilty was down to less than 30 ft. I scared myself as i got to thinking of the film An American Werewolf in London, kept on having to stop myself running all the way back home  as I wanted to time myself walking the course as a gauge first.

26/10/2012 at 15:34

Hi All,

I have just ordered the forerunner10 from up and running.

I know its after the event, but have any of you people have one, and what do you think of your purchase?

27/10/2012 at 11:57

Morning, rather whooshy here.  Glad to not be doing Beachy.  Is HTF still doing it?

Garmins are great sinbad.  There's a wide variety of versions out but really enjoy mine.

Off to rustle up some tasty treats now....eyeballs, fingers and broomsticks

Have a good weekend all

27/10/2012 at 12:19

Hi All,

lol with Cinders. Thanks for that about garmins, I can't wait to get it and have a play with it.

I managed to do a 10k tthis morning, doing walk one min jog two min. i did it in one hour 14 mins. A fast waalk for some people, but I feel a lot happier than I did a few days ago.

Which one is the beechy run?

Enjoy your runs all.

Edited: 27/10/2012 at 12:21
27/10/2012 at 20:27

No running for me this weekend am dead jealous of you all .  Think that 2 HMs in 3 weeks and a multi terrain 10k last weekend was just too much for this poor wreck of a body.  Niggly knee giving me gip.  Hopefully it'll be better by Tuesday and I can go for a run in the daylight - half term yippee!

Love my Garmin and wouldn't be without it.

Hey a party with no calories yeah!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.