Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,681 to 29,700 of 31,271 messages
28/10/2012 at 08:28

Hi All,

Trigger2 hope you get out for yor run Tuesday.

After my 10k Saturday, my devloping muscles feel a little tight. Its throwing it down with rain in Manchester (visiting my mum), so both have put me off going for a two miler, will see how I feel later.

Hope your all okay.

28/10/2012 at 10:29

Hi All,

Sorry to put two posts together. But just had to post that...

I went for jog in the rain, just two miles today, and jogged a mile, first  time I done that from returning to running.

One question though, I know its mainly a flat run at my mothers, with only about a 200m hill, but it took me 30 min, yet the 2.6m I do at home takes me an hour, me is confused?

28/10/2012 at 10:45

sinbad, how are you measuring your runs?  There is a site, think it is called mapmyrun that allows you to track routes.

28/10/2012 at 11:40

Hi All,

Cinders I'm using Google Maps at the moment. I looked at map my runs, but thought it might harm my netbook. Is that what you use?

I persevered with Google, and it works out that the course I did was 7.6km/4.8miles. The run I did this morning worked out at 1.9km/1.2 miles.

Hope your all okay

28/10/2012 at 15:49

Mapmyrun or mapometer are both good sites Sinbad - no reason why they should harm your netbook.  You won't need them when you start using your new garmin, it'll tell you everything you need to know.  Well done on the almost 5 miles - there's a new goal for you to hit.  Ps, it's a thread party - everyone's welcome 

Enjoy your rest Trigger - hope it's all better by Tuesday.  There's nothing as good as a run in daylight when you normally have to run in the dark.  I can run most daytimes but have to run in the dark (now) with running club.  They use the winter to do speed work and hill reps so I hope to be a speedy bunny by the spring 

Did you get out for a run Cinders?  Entries for Paddock Wood are open now - are you going to go for it................

I've done 7 miles today along the groombridge trail, kc came with me on her bike and the dogs came too    I put a party mix CD on the mp3 - there's 5 cd' sin total and I don't know whats on each one so i ended up running along to agadoo, let's twist again and YMCA.  For my finale I did the actions to the Superman song - I don't think anyone saw me   I haven't uploaded the garmin yet and it won't be accurate as I pressed stop by mistake and didn't notice for over 1/2 a mile plus I had all the usual stops toput dogs on and off leads, pitstops, stopping for horses and roads etc but I know I was pretty fast by my standards.  When I glanced at the garmin the pace was starting with 10 or 11 min miles even in the last couple of miles which is speedy for me 

Hoep everyone else is good today x

28/10/2012 at 19:08

Speedy SL   Am chuckling at you running along with your party tunes

Didn't run here, been busy with a halloween mini party yesterday and still shaking off the last of the lurg! 

Any news from HTF?

Have printed off the entry form for Paddock Wood

28/10/2012 at 21:39

Yay to Paddock Wood - I'll have to get myself a club vest!

I just texted HTF about Pilgrims and forgot to ask if she did Beachy - she hasn't put anything on fb.

29/10/2012 at 08:42

Morning everyone - it's been a bit chilly lately hasn't it!

Sinbad - I would find measuring runs a pain if it weren't for my Garmin. I used to drive the route and measure that way but I adore my Garmin - like SL says, it tells you everything you need to know. Mine recently told me I hadn't run for 10 months but I have rectified that recently!

SL - it sounds like your mojo is flying with good (and fast running), no smoking and that super healthy diet!

Cinders - October - December must be your favourite time of the year - so many parties and dressing up to be done! Are there any Santa runs planned this year?

I'm still going well - I had a couple of pints of Guiness on Friday after completing a long and successful work project but nothing since so it's 2 pints in 6 weeks. I also ran 3 miles on Saturday and am planning to start Parkrunning, now I'm up to 3 miles. 

I hope everyone else is doing well.

29/10/2012 at 09:01

Morning peeps, and a extra good morning to apps .  Well done that man, I have yet to do a park run, but have the registration card!

I had the most wonderful Beachy experience.  I went down and watched!!!  Hubby ran in it 6hrs and 30 minutes which was an excellent effort.  It was cold, wet and very, very windy.  We stayed in the most beautiful B and B, had dinner out, and a wonderful breakfast.  Think this running thing could be overated.  I may have found my new vocation in shouting everyone else on .

So how many for Paddock Wood?

Hope everyone has a lovely morning.  House cleaning here.  Could take awhile.

29/10/2012 at 11:21

Morning everyone   Sinbad you will definitely find things easier with the garmin!  I don't know if you can download your information to the computer (I've got a different version to you) but if you can that's well worth doing.  I log all mine on a site called Endomondo and then I can see all my workouts and how I'm progressing.  And it's free!

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend HTF, despite the blustery weather.  And Cinders sounds like you were kept occupied with lots of spooky stuff!

How is KC doing at the moment SL?  What have you got lined up for her over the holiday?

Well, I go nothing done at the lottie at the weekend due to hail and other nasty wet stuff.  We went down and put my carniverous girls in the greenhouse for the winter as they need to go into kind of hybernation, and checked to see if there was any mare's tail coming through where I've already dug but at the moment it seems fine   We also moved the sofa bed from the spare room and put Jessica up there so once I've moved the couple of boxes that are in there I'll be pretty much set for my little gym; will post a picture when it's all done.  We also hauled my old mountain bike out of the shed and are going to sell it, which hopefully will fund some weights or kettle bells   Didn't get a run in though as I agrevated my knee on Friday night at circuits doing a kind of pick up the bean bag shuttle thing; too much twisting with the bending down and running backwards and forwards I think.  Managed a little run 5, walk 2 x 3 this morning without too many problems.

So, tonight I go and pick up my medal (or maybe trophy) from the Leisure Centre for winning the Olympic Challenge!    Have done my nails gold ready for it and am leaving work early so I can go home and get all dolled up!  We're going for a drink with my sister afterwards and then originally we'd planned to go to a lovely pub near us for a meal, but Mr TST is not feeling too well with my stinky cold, so we are going to have something at home and a snuggle night instead.  Think I may have to make him suffer watching a Keanu movie

29/10/2012 at 18:45

Hi All,

Thanks for that Sunluvva, lol with you. Not sure about your choice of music though. Yes weekend was a milestone. Glad you enjoyed your run though.

Hi Cinder's how far is the Park Woods?

Good for you with parkrun Apparition, and measuring wiith the car, sounds far betternthan google maps. I can't wait to get my Garmin, I just hope its there Wednesday now.

With my running I have done three runs from Saturday 9 miles in total.

I have had 5 pints today, was stuck in town, from 11am, so I took till 3pm havinng them, I was in company that knows I'm in training, so he didn't push me.

Hi Hopetofinish, don't think we have chatted yet. Please remind me the distance of the beechy run and where. Sounds like you both had a geat time.

Hi two stroke-tart, sounds like your nearly there with indoor gym. What was your olympic challege? Enjoy your evenning no matter what you both decide to do.

What day is your thread party?

I have a friend who is a Pagean, who has asked me to join him on Wednesday for their New Years Eve. But after having five today, don't really fancy going, but don't want tolethim down.

Ow decisions, decisioons. But what woulld life be like without making decisions?

Enjoy your evennings.

29/10/2012 at 20:17

Lol sinbad, you wouldn't like my choice either then, have recently downloaded Ghostbusters and Gangnam Style!

How do the Pageans celebrate on Wednesday.

Sounds like you had a good weekend HTF and massive well done to Mr HTF

Enjoy your presentation tonight TST.  What are you getting as winner of the challenge?

29/10/2012 at 20:34

Hi All,

Lol with Cinders. To be honest I don't have a clue, I know there's beer involved and some form of a walk. That could even be a sacrifice hope its not me .

Ghostbusters not too bad, don't know about the other one though.

Doe's anyone know which music site I can download without chnaging my whole network? I tried Limewire, but it took over everything, I'm happy with msn and google. I just want to download music.

29/10/2012 at 21:16

Not sure if this will work but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 

Thomas is mad on it, even does the cowboy and horse moves!

Just seen your pics on fb TST, fab presentation

Apps, thanks for the reminder.  Need to look up any Santa runs   When are you planning your park run?

30/10/2012 at 13:52

Hi All,

Thanks for that, I will take a closer look at you tube later. I'm also going to look at msn music, see if thats any good for downloading music onto an ipod.

So when is this thread party.

I'm tempted to say I will try for a year with no beer. As the poste (can't remember who it was) has done it, why not me.

Hope your all okay.

Is it me or is it cold today?

30/10/2012 at 14:42

Afternoon folks,

Had a good time at the halloween party on Saturday, although had a killer hangover on Sunday morning. Was ok by the afternoon, but luckily was able to slob on the couch all day to recover, having done my "long" run on Saturday, did just over 7 miles, which is my longest run for over a year I think. Went quite well, was VERY slow, just aiming to cover the miles. 97 miles for Oct so far, with another 5 planned tomorrow to round out the month.

30/10/2012 at 16:45

Hi All,

Glad you enjoyed the party Agent Ginger.

I'm picking  up my Garin in the morning wo ho.

30/10/2012 at 18:09

Bugger Went out for a "run" this morning and had to walk home after just 5 minutes.  Knee still giving me gip.  Physio booked for Saturday.  Really hacked off that I'm at home all week and unable to enjoy running in the glorious autumnal weather.  Not a happy bunny.  At least I have my books and my cross stitch to keep me (relatively) sane.

Good luck to everyone else.

30/10/2012 at 18:42

Ouch trigger, hope the physio can sort your knee

Any pics of the party AG?

Have fun with your Garmin when you get it tomorrow sinbad

30/10/2012 at 22:21

Poor Trigger, hope the knee's easily sorted with a bit of physio.

The presentation pics were great TST, especially the ears.

Sinbad - it's TST and me who haven't drunk for a year.

Glad you enjoyed the party AG but ouch to that hangover , I used to get such bad hangovers I'd be ill for days on end after even a small drink - it hasn't been hard to stop!

HTF, I'm sort of glad you didn't do Beachy - it would have been agony  I might try to find a proper ultra training schedule, I'm pretty sure I've seen one where you do two long runs back to back.................. sounds like a good idea doesn't it 

Apps - don't encourage Cinders - any excuse for her to dress up - you know what she's like   Great to hear you're still doing well.  Do you  have a parkrun close by, my nearest is 30 miles away 

Oh Hello Cinders, didn't see you  there  - did you fill in the Paddock Wood form (quick change of subject to take her mind of the C word 

Had hill sprints at club tonight - almost 2 mile run to the hill, sprinting up the hill then down the other side then back the other way.  Did that 6 times so 12 ups and 12 downs in total then almost 2 miles back to the club.  It felt easier this week than last time.  The club has a proper winter training schedule all set out from October to the end of March, Tuesday's session says Double Peak:  3/6/3/6/3 mins / 3 mins recovery (watches to 3 mins) - I haven't got a clue what any of that means but I'm pretty sure it'll hurt   Cinders, HTF et all - I've got copies of it if you want to have a look.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.