Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,681 to 29,700 of 31,661 messages
29/10/2012 at 18:45

Hi All,

Thanks for that Sunluvva, lol with you. Not sure about your choice of music though. Yes weekend was a milestone. Glad you enjoyed your run though.

Hi Cinder's how far is the Park Woods?

Good for you with parkrun Apparition, and measuring wiith the car, sounds far betternthan google maps. I can't wait to get my Garmin, I just hope its there Wednesday now.

With my running I have done three runs from Saturday 9 miles in total.

I have had 5 pints today, was stuck in town, from 11am, so I took till 3pm havinng them, I was in company that knows I'm in training, so he didn't push me.

Hi Hopetofinish, don't think we have chatted yet. Please remind me the distance of the beechy run and where. Sounds like you both had a geat time.

Hi two stroke-tart, sounds like your nearly there with indoor gym. What was your olympic challege? Enjoy your evenning no matter what you both decide to do.

What day is your thread party?

I have a friend who is a Pagean, who has asked me to join him on Wednesday for their New Years Eve. But after having five today, don't really fancy going, but don't want tolethim down.

Ow decisions, decisioons. But what woulld life be like without making decisions?

Enjoy your evennings.

29/10/2012 at 20:17

Lol sinbad, you wouldn't like my choice either then, have recently downloaded Ghostbusters and Gangnam Style!

How do the Pageans celebrate on Wednesday.

Sounds like you had a good weekend HTF and massive well done to Mr HTF

Enjoy your presentation tonight TST.  What are you getting as winner of the challenge?

29/10/2012 at 20:34

Hi All,

Lol with Cinders. To be honest I don't have a clue, I know there's beer involved and some form of a walk. That could even be a sacrifice hope its not me .

Ghostbusters not too bad, don't know about the other one though.

Doe's anyone know which music site I can download without chnaging my whole network? I tried Limewire, but it took over everything, I'm happy with msn and google. I just want to download music.

29/10/2012 at 21:16

Not sure if this will work but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 

Thomas is mad on it, even does the cowboy and horse moves!

Just seen your pics on fb TST, fab presentation

Apps, thanks for the reminder.  Need to look up any Santa runs   When are you planning your park run?

30/10/2012 at 13:52

Hi All,

Thanks for that, I will take a closer look at you tube later. I'm also going to look at msn music, see if thats any good for downloading music onto an ipod.

So when is this thread party.

I'm tempted to say I will try for a year with no beer. As the poste (can't remember who it was) has done it, why not me.

Hope your all okay.

Is it me or is it cold today?

30/10/2012 at 14:42

Afternoon folks,

Had a good time at the halloween party on Saturday, although had a killer hangover on Sunday morning. Was ok by the afternoon, but luckily was able to slob on the couch all day to recover, having done my "long" run on Saturday, did just over 7 miles, which is my longest run for over a year I think. Went quite well, was VERY slow, just aiming to cover the miles. 97 miles for Oct so far, with another 5 planned tomorrow to round out the month.

30/10/2012 at 16:45

Hi All,

Glad you enjoyed the party Agent Ginger.

I'm picking  up my Garin in the morning wo ho.

30/10/2012 at 18:09

Bugger Went out for a "run" this morning and had to walk home after just 5 minutes.  Knee still giving me gip.  Physio booked for Saturday.  Really hacked off that I'm at home all week and unable to enjoy running in the glorious autumnal weather.  Not a happy bunny.  At least I have my books and my cross stitch to keep me (relatively) sane.

Good luck to everyone else.

30/10/2012 at 18:42

Ouch trigger, hope the physio can sort your knee

Any pics of the party AG?

Have fun with your Garmin when you get it tomorrow sinbad

30/10/2012 at 22:21

Poor Trigger, hope the knee's easily sorted with a bit of physio.

The presentation pics were great TST, especially the ears.

Sinbad - it's TST and me who haven't drunk for a year.

Glad you enjoyed the party AG but ouch to that hangover , I used to get such bad hangovers I'd be ill for days on end after even a small drink - it hasn't been hard to stop!

HTF, I'm sort of glad you didn't do Beachy - it would have been agony  I might try to find a proper ultra training schedule, I'm pretty sure I've seen one where you do two long runs back to back.................. sounds like a good idea doesn't it 

Apps - don't encourage Cinders - any excuse for her to dress up - you know what she's like   Great to hear you're still doing well.  Do you  have a parkrun close by, my nearest is 30 miles away 

Oh Hello Cinders, didn't see you  there  - did you fill in the Paddock Wood form (quick change of subject to take her mind of the C word 

Had hill sprints at club tonight - almost 2 mile run to the hill, sprinting up the hill then down the other side then back the other way.  Did that 6 times so 12 ups and 12 downs in total then almost 2 miles back to the club.  It felt easier this week than last time.  The club has a proper winter training schedule all set out from October to the end of March, Tuesday's session says Double Peak:  3/6/3/6/3 mins / 3 mins recovery (watches to 3 mins) - I haven't got a clue what any of that means but I'm pretty sure it'll hurt   Cinders, HTF et all - I've got copies of it if you want to have a look.

31/10/2012 at 08:59

Morning

Lol SL, saw our first Christmas lights in a house yesterday

Would like too see a copy of that schedule if poss.

31/10/2012 at 09:12

Physio rang this morning - has had a cancellation tonight so will take my broomstick along there and drop in! 

31/10/2012 at 09:56

Great news trigger, take care on the broomstick, could be busy tonight :-

31/10/2012 at 11:04

I haven't even bought my sweets yet for the trick n treaters so could be in real trouble!

31/10/2012 at 11:37

Lol, we've just sorted some sweets out but think little C wants to keep them all!  Pumpkin is carved and ready too

31/10/2012 at 11:50

trigger, hope they help sort out your knee soon.

cinders, i do have some pics from the party, but ended up going as Hannibal Lecter instead of in my skeleton morph suit (the ball hugger) so oddly less appealing to post

went out for a few beers with some old mates last night. we're doing the worlds slowest monopoly pub crawl, basically just doing one set of colours at a time, as we're all a bit old to be racing around london or drinking 20+ pints in one session, so last night did the pinks (pall mall, whitehall, northumberland). Some nice pubs round that part of town actually, not somewhere i know very well.

feel a bit rough this morning, but will probably be ok come 6pm for my run home.

going to a haloween themed pub quiz tonight (don't know what makes it haloween themed, questions about the occult?) but i'll probably stick to the pop, as i don't fancy another stinking head tomorrow morning.

31/10/2012 at 14:36

Why don't people understand that there are 12 days of Christmas, they start  Christmas day (possibly Xmas Eve) and finish on 6th Jan when the Magi arrived with their gifts.  I fail to see how anyone can think putting up decorations on 31st October has anything to do with Christmas - SL walks away shaking head  in disbelieving Victor Meldrew 'I don't believe it' fashion 

I'll mail you the schedule Cinders - it's just got the Tuesday and Thursday sessions on it - you have to work out the rest of the week yourself.  Hope you and buttons have fun tonight 

One day AG you'll have a monster hangover and just decide you ain't gonna do it any more.......  Where about's in London are you, I'm from the S. E originally but like in Kent now.

Hope the physio is good Trigger - I haven't bought any sweets either, we haven't had any kids round the 2 previous years since we moved here and I ended up eating all the sweets myself  

I'm sure I've forgotten some people but can't remember what's over the page so sorry if you think I'm ignoring you.

31/10/2012 at 15:28

Just been round the local co-op and they are ripping their bat stickers off the window and xmas bauble stickers going on.  They couldn't even wait till at least tomorrow. 

We ran out of sweets last year or maybe we are just misers lol!  It's not my thing but I'd rather be indoors with Thomas handing out sweets than going door to door.

31/10/2012 at 15:34

Cinders - see my fb post shared from the Daily Mash.....................

31/10/2012 at 16:00

Lol, that's funny.  The actual bit about going door to door has been around for years, called *souling* I think but America has done the commercial sweetie thing hasn't it?  Bit like what Coca Cola did to Father Christmas!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.