Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,741 to 29,760 of 31,655 messages
07/11/2012 at 18:11

Ooh I'm intrigued TST - hope you get to spill the beans too.

Great party guys!

08/11/2012 at 07:11

Morning peeps

TST - it was just called Addicted to Food.  Looks like it is not on everyday, so probably hunt for it Mon/Tues next week.  Will shout when I spot it.

Hoped to wake up early and go for a run, but just too sleepy, warm and snug.  Will have to run later.  

This is about day 3 without any binge eating.  Feel so much better.  Have not gone raw again SL.  I have porridge for breakfast, then only fruit during the day, and a small supper.  

Anyone else entered the ballot for this?  I love ballots.  http://www.ridelondon.co.uk/

08/11/2012 at 09:51

Thanks HTF, I'll try doing a search for it on the Sky box   Which event have you entered; there look a few, or am I getting confused!!

Well done on the not binging too.  I'm on day 4 today, so maybe we can try and support each other through it.  I'm not doing the raw thing, just healthy balanced eating but I feel really focused this time and ready to stick with it. 

Had my first proper go on the TRX suspension trainer last night, which nearly killed me!  We are going to have to move it as there's not enough room to do everything and half the time I can't see the telly with the instructions on it!  Not quite sure how I'm going to have the bike in there as well, but I think I'll need to have the bike to the side and then move that out when I am using that for training.  Have also gone back to doing my old leg exercises in the morning.  I've definitely lost muscle strength in my legs over the last few weeks from not training because it's been a pretty difficult time with the clock change and my first anniversary, and I've realised that if I don't get back on it, and sharpish, I'm not even going to make the start at London nevermind the finish

08/11/2012 at 13:33

Denise and I are thinking about entering this:http://www.xnrg.co.uk/pilgrim2013.htm

I did it last year and survived even in the snow.

Have to make it to the start of London TST, because I am fully expecting you meet you there.

yeo
08/11/2012 at 21:16

*boogies into thread*

We still partying?

I'm really enjoying the thread at the moment, a lot of upbeat posts, despite the fact that several of us aren't necessarily having an easy time.

I had a long and tedious morning at the eyeclinic, but the upshot is that I'm now on the waiting list for surgery on my right eye to treat the glaucoma and remove the cataract.  Hopefully that will happen in the new Year.  I also now have a baby cataract on my left eye, which isn't affecting my vision yet, so I expect surgery on that eye will wait for a while.

Anyway, I hope the right one gets done soon, as it is making life difficult. I have to think where and how far I drive after dark as bright lights like headlights are uncomfortable and confusing, and also I can't read for more than a few minutes at a time.

Anyway, enough of that, I'm still expecting other exciting news soon 

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 21:19
08/11/2012 at 21:27

been a bit off the boil this week. under the weather on sunday, so didn't run on sunday,monday or tuesday. ran home from work 8.5 miles on wednesday (detour along embankment). felt pretty good apart from a bit of tightness in my right quad and calf. 5 miles into work this morning felt terrible though. had to walk a couple of times, just exhausted. driving up to shropshire this weekend for a get together with some uni mates, usually this means heavy drinking too, but 2 of the guys have become fathers in the last year and will be bring along their sires, so expecting it to be quieter than normal. if my legs feel ok tomorrow i'll do 4miles at lunchtime at work, then plan on a 90 min run when we get back home on sunday. this should bring me to about 30 miles this week, which would make me feel a bit better about skipping my runs for 3 days earlier this week.

09/11/2012 at 07:10

#Breath is bated in anticipation of Yeo's news#

Well done on the running AG.  Some good running there.  Hope your weekend in Shropshire goes well.

Friday.  What a pleasing word that is.

09/11/2012 at 08:11

Morning, and yes Friiiiiday

Oooh, what news Yeo?

yeo
09/11/2012 at 08:14

Wait and see

I don't usually get excited about Fridays, but this week I have the weekend off 

09/11/2012 at 13:27

Afternoon everyone

hopetofinish wrote (see)

Have to make it to the start of London TST, because I am fully expecting you meet you there.

I am on it HTF, although swimming was a bit hard last night as my shoulder hurt a bit from the TRX session!  Circuits tonight so going to make sure I work extra hard

Hope your operation comes up soon Yeo.  Are you on the sort of short notice list too?  I was on one when I was waiting for an operation on my arm and basically if someone cancels at the last minute they call you and you can go straight in.  Didn't get a cancellation but definitely worth going on the list if they do one, just in case.

Lots of running going on AG, you make me feel quite slack with my current 6 miles a week!  Mind you I'm still recovering and so I'll just do what I can do   Just had a look to see how the local New Years Day 10k run is filling up as normally if fills up really quickly.  They have 600 entries and at the moment on 51 are taken so I can see how I get on over the next few weeks before deciding if I will enter or not.  Really want to do it as I've done it the last two years and I really want to be at that distance by then so I can start my VLM training.  I think maybe it's not so full this year is because they've not got it on the events system here; it's on line, but not through the company RW use so I guess they don't list the event if they can't make a bit of money out of you registering for it.  Although I always pay by cheque anyway so I don't pay the fee!

10/11/2012 at 19:42

Evening all, have you all had a nice day 

Hope you don't have to wait too long to get your eyes done Yeo xxxx  Am intrigued by your exciting news.... can't wait to hear it 

Did you get the training plans HTF - I've been on track all week with mine 

TST & HTF, we'll have to arrange to meet up at the expo when you pick your numbers up 

TST, your running's going just fine.  New Years Day races always fill up, I'd just enter it now   I wish there was one near me but I'll go out for a run regardless - it's a bit of a personal tradition.

I did 8 even muddier miles this morning, I got up early and went to the market first then ran through the parks to Haysden Country Park.  Lovely run, I forgot that that part of the Medway River has been made into a sort of canal and there were a few narrow boats moored up.  I'd been shopping and run 8 miles and was back home by 10am   Tomorrow I'm doing a cross country race with the club as part of the Kent Fitness League, does your club do that Cinders????

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/241916901

11/11/2012 at 08:42

Hi All,

Sorry I have not been in. I fell off the wagon a couple of times last week, and training went out through the window. It's a bad time of year for me, and a couple of times on the beer is really good for me, I usually drink all day every day.

Hope your all ok?

I have also lost my reading glasses, and only put in for a pair Friday, I can barley see what I'mr typing .

Sl souinds like the clud training is going really well.

11/11/2012 at 10:29

Good running SL, hope you got on ok with the cross country this morning.  Yes, think my club do it too but most races are up the top end of Kent so a bit of a trek.

Sorry to hear it is a bad time of year Sinbad.  Hope you find your glasses.

11/11/2012 at 13:28

Hope everyone is well?  No hangovers from the party

Just back from my first run in 3 weeks.  Covered just over 2 miles in 25 minutes which included 5 minutes walking to warm up/cool down but 15 minutes solid running in between.  Knee didn't feel perfect but some of that could be down to nerves at being out there again.  Funny how ungainly you can feel after just a short time.  Beautiful sunshine out there too.  Now to dig out that Marathon Training schedule and work out when I need the hard work to start.  Not until the New Year I know but I've got a bit of work to do before then.  Off swimming later this afternoon.  The local pool has a ladies only session on Sunday and the centre has just been refurbished so I'm off for a nosey. 

11/11/2012 at 13:54

Hi All,

Glad to see your back running again trigger2

11/11/2012 at 17:18

Well done Trigger, it's always tough getting out there again 

I lost my glasses last year Sinbad when I'd had a skinfull of wine - only  4 glasses but I was ratfaced - it was one of the reasons I stopped when I did.  I was ill for 4 days and it cost me £300 to get new ones, I decided it just wasn' tworth it for one hour of feeling good!

The cross country was fun Cinders, I saw quite a few Thanet shirts   I did the 5.2 miles in 57 mins and wasn't last so happy with that   It was a bit tough in places but then it's supposed to be isn't it. 

12/11/2012 at 10:31

Hi All,

Luckily I only pay for the lenses Cinders. But I know exactly what you  mean. But my friend saoid he won't go into a coffee shop, but I would have to havesoft drinks in pub..

On a better note regarding training, SL thats a great time. I did my  training session 5K this morning in 45 mins, that hill just kills my time . I wil beat it one day.

Whats a Thanet shirts SL?

And low and behold, I been back had me shower and the heavens have opned up.

Edited: 12/11/2012 at 10:34
12/11/2012 at 14:11

Afternoon

Great running SL   

Keep at the hill sinbad, it will get easier

I'm member of Thanet Roadrunners and SL saw some of my clubmates at her race yesterday.

Talking of the club, I'm tentatively going back tonight and going to join the run/walk group.  It must have been nearly a year, just hoping the fatigue doesn't come back again.

12/11/2012 at 15:22

Afternoon everyone   Some nice running going on over the weekend I see.  I had a good run on Saturday but a crap one today, had to pull up in my third set of 5 mintues and then walk the rest of the way home   Think I may have pulled a glute and/or back of my thigh muscle which could be affecting how I run.  Am going to see the sports massager tonight to get it checked out just to be safe. 

Well, my boss wouldn't allow me to have short notice time off, so my ambition to be a retained fire fighter at the local station is over before it started.  I don't even know if I would have got through the tests, but it appears I shan't find out.  He said I was an important part of the company and he couldn't have me rushing off at a minutes notice even though he understood why I wanted to do it.  If the company was bigger it might have been different, so there may be hope for the future at the rate we are growing as we're about to take on our third new person since the beginning of the year!

13/11/2012 at 10:25

Hi All,

I have just got  in from run. I managed to get up the main hill today doing 30 seconds jog then walk 30 seconds. But I found that the last 1k was much slower, but non stop. I would like any suggestions from you experience runners in this thread?

Sorry to hear that TST (hope okay to abbreviate nickname). I'm sure in time you will get the time to do the firefighting, and when the time comes, you will do the tests great.

SL I see what you mean now, I'm sure you will be fit in well with the club.

Hope your all okay?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.