Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,741 to 29,760 of 31,441 messages
06/11/2012 at 19:34

Hi All,

Lol wih trigger2. who falls over after having 2 liters of coke today.

06/11/2012 at 20:33

Agado do do .....................

06/11/2012 at 21:56

I've found the Steps CD!!  Yay to Tragedy!!  

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/mex_wave_1966.gif?width=350

06/11/2012 at 22:04

Y M C A

Lol, few years back I could play the opening bit to Tragedy on my flute, how sad

06/11/2012 at 22:33
I absolutely love this thread!

TST and SL - how amazing are you? Congratulations on your milestones and achievements and thanks so much for sharing them.

Drawing inspiration from the success of others has always been at the heart of this thread and while we all have our day to day issues, a dual celebration like the current one is a real tonic!

There are people I've been talking to on here for several years and others I've only 'known' for a few weeks and so many people come and go but there is a spirit which somehow remains. At times people have challenged the spirit we have created but, in a quiet but assertive way we have kept things going.

Right now there are brave folk talking about difficult issues on this thread and it seems like a good time to raise a glass of non-boozy bubbly to everyone who has contributed to our virtual support group over the years.

CHEERS!!!!
07/11/2012 at 07:52

Hi All,

hear hear to the words of apparition.

07/11/2012 at 13:36

Typical - I missed my own party , I might have to sashay round my living room to some party tunes.  I quite liked the playlist, can we have karaoke too next time 

I was doing the YMCA moves on my run last week Cinders - don't think anyone saw me 

I did some speed work at club last night - 5x4 mins fast with 2 mins recovery.  Not only was I not at the back I was edging towards the middle of the bunch!!!!!!!!!!  This no smoking makes quite a difference to how fast you can run ........... 

I've been out today for a very muddy 4.25 miles with the doggies - they loved it too. I'm going to have to give part of the woods a miss for a while - I could have used armbands its was so wet in places.  It's just the wet that bothers me, it's really clayey so slippery, very steep in places but also the horses churn it up so you never know when you're going to go down a big hole that they've made   There's plenty of other lovely off road places to run, it's only one section of the woods.

How's everyone else today?

07/11/2012 at 13:48

Lol SL, will leave the karaoke to you

That's fab going on the running too, speedy SL.  How do you feel now you're off the ciggies?

Just a little run for me today, some *faster* running on the treddie (well faster for  me)

07/11/2012 at 16:48

I missed the party too, but then I was always very good at partying on my own.

Congrats TST, a wonderful achievement, and agree with apps that it is wonderful to celebrate each others milestones and draw inspiration from all the success.

If the party is still in swing, please nobody give me a ciggy even if I plead!

Watched a show on Home and Health on sky about people in rehab for eating issues.  Very interesting and they were using the 12 step program.  Given the choice for me it would always be alcohol.  Take that away and it becomes food.

07/11/2012 at 17:00

Afternoon everyone   Thanks Apps *chinks glasses*  Not sure if I'm any good at karaoke either Cinders, only ever did it when smashed!  Well done on the running SL, there's no stopping you at the moment!

Thanks HTF, and no-one will give you a ciggy as there is a non-smoking rule in force   I will have to see if I can find that programme, do you know what it was called?  I've had food issues since I was a kid really, would be interesting to see how they dealt with things in rehab. 

Had counselling today and the therapist says I'm a classic depressive   I may need counselling as well as the CBT that she is doing with me but we need to progress with this first and then see if the issues with my Mum are still rearing their head and need to be dealt with. 

I'm also nervously waiting to find out if my boss with give me the ok to do something I've been wanting to do for a while but could never have done while I was drinking, but it requires time off work at short notice and I think it's about 50/50 if he'll agree.  I don't want to say any more about it in case it puts the knackers on it, but if he gives me the go-ahead then I'll let you in on the secret.  

07/11/2012 at 18:11

Ooh I'm intrigued TST - hope you get to spill the beans too.

Great party guys!

08/11/2012 at 07:11

Morning peeps

TST - it was just called Addicted to Food.  Looks like it is not on everyday, so probably hunt for it Mon/Tues next week.  Will shout when I spot it.

Hoped to wake up early and go for a run, but just too sleepy, warm and snug.  Will have to run later.  

This is about day 3 without any binge eating.  Feel so much better.  Have not gone raw again SL.  I have porridge for breakfast, then only fruit during the day, and a small supper.  

Anyone else entered the ballot for this?  I love ballots.  http://www.ridelondon.co.uk/

08/11/2012 at 09:51

Thanks HTF, I'll try doing a search for it on the Sky box   Which event have you entered; there look a few, or am I getting confused!!

Well done on the not binging too.  I'm on day 4 today, so maybe we can try and support each other through it.  I'm not doing the raw thing, just healthy balanced eating but I feel really focused this time and ready to stick with it. 

Had my first proper go on the TRX suspension trainer last night, which nearly killed me!  We are going to have to move it as there's not enough room to do everything and half the time I can't see the telly with the instructions on it!  Not quite sure how I'm going to have the bike in there as well, but I think I'll need to have the bike to the side and then move that out when I am using that for training.  Have also gone back to doing my old leg exercises in the morning.  I've definitely lost muscle strength in my legs over the last few weeks from not training because it's been a pretty difficult time with the clock change and my first anniversary, and I've realised that if I don't get back on it, and sharpish, I'm not even going to make the start at London nevermind the finish

08/11/2012 at 13:33

Denise and I are thinking about entering this:http://www.xnrg.co.uk/pilgrim2013.htm

I did it last year and survived even in the snow.

Have to make it to the start of London TST, because I am fully expecting you meet you there.

yeo
08/11/2012 at 21:16

*boogies into thread*

We still partying?

I'm really enjoying the thread at the moment, a lot of upbeat posts, despite the fact that several of us aren't necessarily having an easy time.

I had a long and tedious morning at the eyeclinic, but the upshot is that I'm now on the waiting list for surgery on my right eye to treat the glaucoma and remove the cataract.  Hopefully that will happen in the new Year.  I also now have a baby cataract on my left eye, which isn't affecting my vision yet, so I expect surgery on that eye will wait for a while.

Anyway, I hope the right one gets done soon, as it is making life difficult. I have to think where and how far I drive after dark as bright lights like headlights are uncomfortable and confusing, and also I can't read for more than a few minutes at a time.

Anyway, enough of that, I'm still expecting other exciting news soon 

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 21:19
08/11/2012 at 21:27

been a bit off the boil this week. under the weather on sunday, so didn't run on sunday,monday or tuesday. ran home from work 8.5 miles on wednesday (detour along embankment). felt pretty good apart from a bit of tightness in my right quad and calf. 5 miles into work this morning felt terrible though. had to walk a couple of times, just exhausted. driving up to shropshire this weekend for a get together with some uni mates, usually this means heavy drinking too, but 2 of the guys have become fathers in the last year and will be bring along their sires, so expecting it to be quieter than normal. if my legs feel ok tomorrow i'll do 4miles at lunchtime at work, then plan on a 90 min run when we get back home on sunday. this should bring me to about 30 miles this week, which would make me feel a bit better about skipping my runs for 3 days earlier this week.

09/11/2012 at 07:10

#Breath is bated in anticipation of Yeo's news#

Well done on the running AG.  Some good running there.  Hope your weekend in Shropshire goes well.

Friday.  What a pleasing word that is.

09/11/2012 at 08:11

Morning, and yes Friiiiiday

Oooh, what news Yeo?

yeo
09/11/2012 at 08:14

Wait and see

I don't usually get excited about Fridays, but this week I have the weekend off 

09/11/2012 at 13:27

Afternoon everyone

hopetofinish wrote (see)

Have to make it to the start of London TST, because I am fully expecting you meet you there.

I am on it HTF, although swimming was a bit hard last night as my shoulder hurt a bit from the TRX session!  Circuits tonight so going to make sure I work extra hard

Hope your operation comes up soon Yeo.  Are you on the sort of short notice list too?  I was on one when I was waiting for an operation on my arm and basically if someone cancels at the last minute they call you and you can go straight in.  Didn't get a cancellation but definitely worth going on the list if they do one, just in case.

Lots of running going on AG, you make me feel quite slack with my current 6 miles a week!  Mind you I'm still recovering and so I'll just do what I can do   Just had a look to see how the local New Years Day 10k run is filling up as normally if fills up really quickly.  They have 600 entries and at the moment on 51 are taken so I can see how I get on over the next few weeks before deciding if I will enter or not.  Really want to do it as I've done it the last two years and I really want to be at that distance by then so I can start my VLM training.  I think maybe it's not so full this year is because they've not got it on the events system here; it's on line, but not through the company RW use so I guess they don't list the event if they can't make a bit of money out of you registering for it.  Although I always pay by cheque anyway so I don't pay the fee!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.