Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,841 to 29,860 of 31,656 messages
07/12/2012 at 13:28

don't worry, i have the same pet name for my wife, my fiancee, my girlfriend and my mistress, so no chance of calling them the wrong one

07/12/2012 at 13:30

Nice work sir !

07/12/2012 at 14:14

Ha ha AG

Yikes it's grim out there, glad to be home!

07/12/2012 at 14:33

i obviously don't have the balls to use that joke in front of my girlfriend, or i'd be sleeping on the couch for a week

07/12/2012 at 15:42

Or, as Basil Fawlty once said, "You'll have to sew them back on first".

Sleeping on the couch is a normal part of married life, get used to it....

07/12/2012 at 16:24

Hey, we don't want to put him off before he's even got married!

07/12/2012 at 19:04

Evening all

pleased to say that in almost 27 years of marriage - almost 30 years together neither of us have ever had to sleep on the sofa not that I wish he wouldn't 9 times out of 10 

Not going to run this weekend, I've felt increasingly unwell as the week's worn on.  Nothing major, just achey everything and no energy at all so much that it hurts to hold my head up or move my legs   Decided to be sensible and just rest till I feel better.  If I feel ok Sunday I'll do a shorter on but will leave the 16 miles till next weekend. 

It snowed here too Wednesday, not for long but it settled and there was still some there until it rained last night!  Wednesday was also the last day I ran too - the only run this week 

I've been eating too much 'normal' cooked food lately Sinbad, I shouldn't because it makes me ill - I need to get fully back on my raw food as I feel so well on it and full of energy.  I'm off to the market tomorrow - I've got a box of oranges, one of clementines, 1 box dates, 1 box apples and 1 of pineapples.  She can't get any cheap bananas this week so I went to buy some at Asda and was lucky enough to get about 14kg of loose ones at 30p/kg - most of them are still not properly ripe yet - just the odd mark on the skin so people won't buy them - lucky me   Apart from that all I need is loads of greens everyday, it should be about 500g daily but it's  usually between 250-400g - still 100% more than most people 

07/12/2012 at 21:28

Tried to snow here this morning but turned to sleet.  So windy though and Thomas' school is right by the sea so could hardly open the car door.

Hope you feel better soon SL, sounds like you are coming down with something?

Mr C has slept on the sofa/spare bed but that's when he's got a cough or something, not me shoving him out!

07/12/2012 at 21:49

Same here this morning Cinders - raining  but kept trying to snow.  It was bloody windy in Sittingbourne too - it's flat and by the Medway estuary - the arse end of Kent really   It's supposed to get even colder next week isn't it - I can't stand it, I think I need to hibernate 

08/12/2012 at 10:18

+ 1 for hibernating 

08/12/2012 at 19:36

Evening all

So glad I decided yesterday not to run, I had a bitof a fever last night and was sweating buckets and covered in a rash.  I felt a bit better by midday but am still knackered   Did you get out for a run HTF?

Spent a few hours at the school xmas fete - god I hate going to those things .  Little legs was singing in the choir at 11.15 but her timeslot for seeing santa was 1.45 - that added up to a fortune on the tombola/lucky dip/raffles etc.  Being in T.Wells we probably had some of the most expensive stalls ever seen at a school fete - £50 quid handbags and vintage kids clothing 

09/12/2012 at 13:21

Hi All,

Alas I didn't get out for a run Friday, I took one look at the ground and said no. I don't mind wind and rain, but ice I nearly always slip on . Thats two weeks I not been training.

I did gett out this morning,  waiting for a shower to pass, But battled the wind.

SL it might be because your body is getting used to the extra training that's draining you. I think getting back onto fresh food diet is a good idea, but understand with it being Christmas, may be why its gone to pot.

AG I hope all went well with your mates and announcing the engagment?

I hope all is well, this winter's day?

I'm going to my mum's for Christmas, but still hoping I can get to my boat for New year's Eve, I been negleting her, believe it or not she tell's me off in her own way. By making unusual noises, saying I need to get stuck back in.

10/12/2012 at 10:48

Hi All,

Where is everyone?

Well blow me down. I have done 3.81 miles this morning, and I feel okay  with it. But as I ran, my Garmin went onto power save growl, and had to start from about 1k into a run. Is there a way of switching it off.

Hope your all okay?

11/12/2012 at 11:56

It's gone a bit quiet hasn't it - I suspect we're all busy with xmas preparations or trying to avoid them  

Well done on your run sinbad - good going.  No idea about power saving on the garmin, mines either off or on.  Sometimes I press the stop/start button by mistake which will stop it.

I haven't run again, still feeling unwell and got a sore throat now - I'm quaffing an orange juice and kale smoothie in an effort to get some goodness into me and get rid of the lurgy asap   I keep eating rubbish and I keep paying for it - when will I learn...............

Hope everyone else is ok today x

11/12/2012 at 20:25

Evening, still here.

Hope you feel better soon SL, cold coming or tummy?

Happy and sad day.  Mum's birthday, 65 today but sadly lost my nan this morning.  She was 93 so had a good innings, up there with my dad now.

11/12/2012 at 21:37

So sorry to hear your news Cinders.  93 is excellent, but its still sad.  

11/12/2012 at 23:50

hi All,

Nothing wrong with a spluge on food every now again, as long as its not all the time SL. Im sure you will get on with it all.

My Gaemin is just so touch sensative, which i will find a way to cope with it, I would not part with at this moment though.

Yes sorry to hear of your loss. Wish I ould help in some small way.

Keep tourselg going everyone.

12/12/2012 at 04:58

I've stopped drinking alcohol completely, haven't drunk a drop in months.  Haven't smoked a ciggarette since I was 11, and I've even been trying to cut down on junk food.

I've never been a big drinker, to be honest, so it's not been hard to cut that out.  Junk food has been more difficult, and I must confess that I ordered in a kebab a few days ago; although, it was my first for quite a while.

Earlier this year I ate take-away food 5 days in a row (mum wasn't in to cook, obviously), went to a gym and was violently sick after 10 minutes of skipping.

12/12/2012 at 12:40

Sorry to hear your sad news Cinders, a very good innings as you said but always sad none the less. Sending big hugs and cuddles your way (((((Cinders))))))

I've got a rotten cold which has floored me again but I've nobbled myself by eating 'comfort food' over the past week - pie and mash last night for instance - and it's made my stomach bad again.  I'm getting lots of pain and have to keep running to the loo 

Hi HTF - how are you today - any running happening this week?

I shouldn't eat certain foods sinbad as I have crohn's diseas and it makes me ill - anything fatty or with gluten in is very bad for me which is why I should stick to the fruits and veggies.   I'm only going to have bananas today, they're gentle on my stomach and won't cause it any upset -thankfully..

Still no running for me - I should be better by the weekend so will go out and do what I can.  I'll be aiming for 16 but anything over 10 will do.......... 

12/12/2012 at 13:41

Bloody freezing here.  Church this morning, followed by an hour outside at lunchtime.

No running yet SL, need to shift arse

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.