Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,841 to 29,860 of 31,406 messages
03/12/2012 at 16:00

Hi All,

Thanks for that AG great news about the fioncee (however the way its spelt)/

03/12/2012 at 17:03

Congratulations AG and Mrs AG to be   It's fiancee for a girl with an acute jobby over the first e  

Sinbad, must have been the weekend for it.  I had words with my mum as I'd unintentionally upset her.  She got the wrong end of the stick over something regarding Christmas.

Great running SL, fab new post 50 PB

Good running too Apps

No didn't run this weekend SL, too tired as usual.  Must get it sorted but how to get more energy???  Didn't fancy the cold either, brrrrr!

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 17:04
03/12/2012 at 22:23

Congratulations AG and Mrs AG to be   With the cost of weddings spiralling upwards you might want to start calling the fiancee 'financee' 

Cinders, you've got a juicer haven't you?   Start the day with a big green juice, at least a pint and you'll soon find you've got more energy.  Try not to have the same greens everyday - you could have spinach, kale, cabbage, celery, cucumber, pak choi etc - anything, you'll soon feel livlier if you get some green stuff in you (  not  )

https://picasaweb.google.com/101790539120481959790/FrostyBewlWaterRun14Miles?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOfavN-8pMTa-wE&feat=directlink

This link should should be photos of Bewl Water on Saturday morning - it was minus 2 degrees when I set off.  The sun melted the frost in the open areas but anywhere shaded was still thick ice when I finished.

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 22:25
03/12/2012 at 22:27

The link works if you copy and paste it.

03/12/2012 at 22:31
Thanks SL. Will try

They are fab pics
05/12/2012 at 07:01

Congratulations on your engagement AG.

Snowing here in Norff London this morning - ugh!  Went to a new physio last night - a real "hands on" lady who didn't just hook me up to an ultrasound.  I have strained my medio collateral ligagment in my left knee.  Partly caused by the fact that I'm hyperflexible and a great deal down to the fact that I've got tight calves and hamstrings.  She also said that I need to strengthen my glutes and one of my quads isn't working properly.  All in all I felt ready for the knackers yard when I came out.  Good news is that I can still run so long as I don't get any real pain and can if I want to use one of those open knee supports.  On with the stretching then!

05/12/2012 at 10:23

Ouch trigger, glad you're getting it sorted though

No snow here, just heavy rain/sleet.  Very grim out and almost felt sorry for the limping fox that ran down the road an hour ago. 

Day off today so off out to find Thomas a replacement Christmas light and maybe a run later when dodgy tum settled.

06/12/2012 at 14:29

Hi All,

thanks Cinders, I have got to stage where I don't want to see her for some time now. I know she's 82 but I don't know how to get angry without upsetting her, and so on thats part of my pts, it just comes out all wrong, not just with family.

Trigger2 at least this new physio is getting to grips with what going wrong for you, let's hope things continue to improve for you.

SL wish i could get into eating more greens, your diet sounds well healthy.

Enjoy looking for for the Christmas light Cinders. Hope you get  out for a run, your Braver than me.

It's just started rainiing here, and din't  want to go for run this morning, so I my food shopping done instead. I have finally recovered from my mates 40th booe up, and hopefully get back into proper training. I hope to  do a long 10k run walk in Friday morning, then do another 3 mixed shorter runs as is mentioned in Hal Higdon routine.

I got a letter frrom the benifts office Wednesday, the good news is that I'm being mooved onto the new Employment Support Allowance from the old incapacity Benifit. But i have to start to see a jobs adviser  about my illness as they call it (pts), and my disability and help find ways to get back into work and I guess stay there.

Although I'm apprehensive about this I'm trying to keep level headed and see what they have to say. I would be well pleased if the help me get onn with a job with people person job or move forward with my psychology career. I would hate it if they put me back into factory work or cleaniing. I have tried these typres of jobs before, and been sacked or I jump before they sack me. Tha's my worst fear. To try and put it in a nut shell. I only have an IQ level of 50  out of a 100 on the left hand side of the brain. But on the right I have an IQ level of 70 out of 100. My skills are in problem solving. I have helped so many people to get over their problems, etc and yet struggle with my own. Its why I hhave gone into psychology in the first place.

Hope that's not too long? And I hope your all okay?

07/12/2012 at 12:42

hopefully you got out for your 10k this morning Sinbad. Weather is a bit grim where I am, but looking like it might be cold and clear this weekend. If all goes well this shoudl be my first 40mile week. I did 9 miles home Mon and Thurs, 5 miles in Tues and today, so 28 so far. Planning on a parkrun tomorrow morning, then a 10 mile slow jog either sat afternoon or sunday. The missus is working this weekend and all i need to do is some laundy, get a xmas tree and watch a bit of telly.

meeting some mates tonight with my gf, managed to keep it from them about the engagement since we'd planned on seeing them tonight. hopefulyl won't be heavily boozy as I might then miss the parkrun in the moming.

Haven't drunk since the weekend in Bruges, didn't sup all that much there to be honest, as my gf is not a big drinker, which keeps me in check. This means i'm up to about 6 units for Dec so far. Next week looks a bit messy with a number of xmas drinks and a mates birthday, but hopefully i can keep myself from letting go too much and suffering any painful hangovers

Good luck with everyones running this weekend. if it's cold and icy where you are, watch your step and stay safe

07/12/2012 at 12:49

AG - dont call your fiancee your girlfriend as I suspect she might not be too happy

07/12/2012 at 13:28

don't worry, i have the same pet name for my wife, my fiancee, my girlfriend and my mistress, so no chance of calling them the wrong one

07/12/2012 at 13:30

Nice work sir !

07/12/2012 at 14:14

Ha ha AG

Yikes it's grim out there, glad to be home!

07/12/2012 at 14:33

i obviously don't have the balls to use that joke in front of my girlfriend, or i'd be sleeping on the couch for a week

07/12/2012 at 15:42

Or, as Basil Fawlty once said, "You'll have to sew them back on first".

Sleeping on the couch is a normal part of married life, get used to it....

07/12/2012 at 16:24

Hey, we don't want to put him off before he's even got married!

07/12/2012 at 19:04

Evening all

pleased to say that in almost 27 years of marriage - almost 30 years together neither of us have ever had to sleep on the sofa not that I wish he wouldn't 9 times out of 10 

Not going to run this weekend, I've felt increasingly unwell as the week's worn on.  Nothing major, just achey everything and no energy at all so much that it hurts to hold my head up or move my legs   Decided to be sensible and just rest till I feel better.  If I feel ok Sunday I'll do a shorter on but will leave the 16 miles till next weekend. 

It snowed here too Wednesday, not for long but it settled and there was still some there until it rained last night!  Wednesday was also the last day I ran too - the only run this week 

I've been eating too much 'normal' cooked food lately Sinbad, I shouldn't because it makes me ill - I need to get fully back on my raw food as I feel so well on it and full of energy.  I'm off to the market tomorrow - I've got a box of oranges, one of clementines, 1 box dates, 1 box apples and 1 of pineapples.  She can't get any cheap bananas this week so I went to buy some at Asda and was lucky enough to get about 14kg of loose ones at 30p/kg - most of them are still not properly ripe yet - just the odd mark on the skin so people won't buy them - lucky me   Apart from that all I need is loads of greens everyday, it should be about 500g daily but it's  usually between 250-400g - still 100% more than most people 

07/12/2012 at 21:28

Tried to snow here this morning but turned to sleet.  So windy though and Thomas' school is right by the sea so could hardly open the car door.

Hope you feel better soon SL, sounds like you are coming down with something?

Mr C has slept on the sofa/spare bed but that's when he's got a cough or something, not me shoving him out!

07/12/2012 at 21:49

Same here this morning Cinders - raining  but kept trying to snow.  It was bloody windy in Sittingbourne too - it's flat and by the Medway estuary - the arse end of Kent really   It's supposed to get even colder next week isn't it - I can't stand it, I think I need to hibernate 

08/12/2012 at 10:18

+ 1 for hibernating 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.