Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,881 to 29,900 of 31,285 messages
15/12/2012 at 13:06

Sinbad, another vote for posting as often as you like .

You xmas shopping Cinders, have a fab time.

Yeo, fingers crossed for the surgery.  Why is it provisional?

Pilgrims last year.  There are still some places left! http://www.flickr.com/photos/xnrg/6830623557/

15/12/2012 at 14:58

Hi All,

Thanks for giving me the go ahead for posts.

Nice to hear from you Yeo. Sorry to hear about the eye drops though.

SL glad your bak on your diet, I must admit I would struggle with the diet you havet.

Cinders going to Lille, I'm jealous.

Thanks hopetofinish.

Well the gym worked to day. I also came back erliay (i give up with that spelling ) as I got a text saying a ard payment had not gone through normally I would just go to the pub, I didn't and I went home.

I'm also an armchair man city fan, and was tempted to try some fresh orange instead of beer, but decided against it.

I did 5k on the treadmill, forgotton what that was like  say no more. I'm planning to jog to the gym Sunday, its about 3 mile. Then do some weights and see if I can then get upto 10k bak on the treadmill.

The sauna steam room was just how I remembered it, a  way to relax, as long as  you know when to get out

Hope your all ok.

15/12/2012 at 19:27
Here for the Xmas market. Was fab but rather crowded.

Now in the hotel room watching the Lorax

Enjoy the gym sinbad
16/12/2012 at 17:10

Hope you enjoyed the Market Cinders - are you back home now? 

Did you jog to the gym Sinbad, hope you enjoy your workouts 

Hubby's got surgery 'provisionally'booked on his knee this coming Friday, if something more urgent happens his op will have to wait - that's why its always 'provisional' these days.

I didn't get out for my run, kc's gone down with the same lurgy as me and was up all night - literally.  I was up with her every hour between 7.30pm and 5am except for 2 hours   I'll be doping her up with calpol and stuff tonight in an attempt that we can both get some sleep!

17/12/2012 at 08:01

Morning, got back late last night.  Fab weekend

Hope you and KC feel better SL and that KC got some sleep last night.

17/12/2012 at 09:55

Hi All,

Yes hope you both get well very quickly SL

Glad you had an ace time Cinders

Yeah I tried to jog there, but made mistake of just getting up aand going. By that I didn't have any fluid inside me, so I jogged the first two mile walked the rest. I won't be doing that again, I mean just getting up and running.I also jog with rucksak on my back. The gym is a good one, they have tried really hard with it, after all its a council run lesuire centre.

I was tempted to go for a pint today. But on this occasion managed not to. I will go to local co op instead, i would have done a small shop then pub.

Hope your all okay?

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 09:56
17/12/2012 at 16:38

Hi All,

Hope your both feeling better SL.

I'm finally starting to feel more hydrated, and have eaten apples oranges and fruit drinks.

Cinders did you go running while you were away.

I can drink between two and 4 liters of diet ooke pepsi a day. Yesterday I had none, and today I only had 3 cans of diett coke. I weighed myself about an hour ago, I have lost 2lb's from 13st.

Hope your allokay?

18/12/2012 at 13:47

Hello everyone   Hope you're all ok.  Just a quick drop in to say I am still alive, just!  Have been proper ill with flu and then a severe sinus infection   Still poorly although have some medication now, have to see how that goes and go back if I'm not better by Monday.  No training at all for me, it's an effort just to walk places although the medication must be starting to work as I'm not getting 'spinny' episodes any more   Hopefully will be much better by the weekend so will try and catch up then. 

18/12/2012 at 14:08

Get well soon TST ((( )))

sinbad, that's a lot of diet coke! 

19/12/2012 at 07:03

Hope you all feel better soon and that those of you who are not ill remain healthy.

Manic week the last week of term and am so looking forward to breaking up tomorrow!  Have a session booked with a Personal Trainer on Friday who's hopefully going to help me sort out my stretching since my knee is still giving me problems

19/12/2012 at 11:50

Sorry to hear the knee still giving you trouble trigger

Off to the gym now, did a bit of pressie wrapping and managed to cut my thumb, bashed my head on Thomas' light saber box and pulled a muscle bending over! 

19/12/2012 at 17:50

Hi All,

Yes its a lot of coke, way too much. I'm trying to cut down.

Trigger2 sorry to here about the knee though, keep trying.

TST i agree with Cinders get well soon. lots of little accidents there Cinders, may be saying slow down a little? if at all possible Cinders.

Well the bad news I got drunk Tuesday, I had a little cash then another friend kept buying more eah time I tried to leave, he didn't mean to we just enjoy each others company. The god news is that today I went to gym and attempted to do 10k, no chance body would only let me do 5k on treadmill, its just getting too cold out there. I also had one pint in pub, after having two or three lime and water, then came home a rare first for me. I hope to build on that now.

People, I'm starting to panic a little about training, no gym near my mum, so i will to get out there in rain etc. But i'm not getting the mileage in. So im going to increase distance by 1 mile a week, with smaller runs inbetween, and hope the acctual running cathes up with the distance (Hal Higdon).

Did anyone else start to panic like I am?

Be careful out there.

Hope people had a better day today.

Yes im frustrated at getting drunk again, at least im back down to one a week. I think it was Trigger2 said today has gone, try and build up the next time, or something similar.

Hope all okay?

19/12/2012 at 18:01

HI All,

I had a little chat with my mum and brother (army brother) about being followed by security services. It appears he drove high ranking officers around to different meetings during the time when there Germany had the Berlin wall, and split into American British French sectors.

I have been informed that immediate members of the family were also followed by the army brother security.

In essence I knew I was being followed, you just built up if you like an iinner sense of it all happening. With thee abuse that was happening at home at bullying at school, who could I tell, who would believe me. I wonder if you all think its a tall story, I just wish I had proof, your never given proof, I just stayed quiet about it all.

Consequences are, that when i'm in a group or just one other person,I get a bit insecure, and I just get up and leave, or ask people to leave me where I am, my brain works overtime.

I honestly think because of my security clearence it helped get me not many other cadets got to see.

I am telling the truth honestly. Too late I have posted it now

19/12/2012 at 18:44

Oh dear TST, hope you're feeling better soon - I felt rubbish for almost 2 weeks  Better now but still knackered 

Hi Trigger, what made you book a personal trainer rather than a physio/sports massage etc. for your knee?    I bet you can't wait for tomorrow - our school finishes on Friday.

Wow that is lots of coke Sinbad, evil stuff, I never touch it   I have no reason to disbelieve what you tell us, I just hope you find out the truth some time in the future.  As for getting drunk the other day - look at the bigger picture, you were getting drunk many more times a week not so long ago so overall you're doing really well.  Try not to panic with the training, just follow a plan and do what you can.  It doesn't matter if you miss some sessions, I missed 2 weeks of training and I'm fine.  Are you training for a particular race - I thought you'd done one recently but didn't realise you had another one?

I finally got out for a run today - 8 miles,  first one in two weeks and surprisingly good.  I I was really really slow - I just couldn't go any faster but I felt I could go on longer.  I've got to do a minimum of 16 Saturday - if I feel good I'll go for longer ....

Hope everyone's ok today x

19/12/2012 at 19:23

Hi All,

I think all the truth I will get is out now SL regarding being followed, I don't think there is going to be anyway I can get more truth than I have, mum says its just something that happened and she's right in that respect.

No SL no more runs now till I do tthe Manchester marathon 28th April. Forecast is rain for next day or so, so I will be on the treadmill Thursdsay.

Wow SL some distance you have got going there.

Hope all of u ok?

20/12/2012 at 07:08

Hi SL I've had two lots of physio and the last lady said that I my calves and hamstrings are tight but my quads and glutes need strengthening.  I haven't got a clue about how to fix this so decided to book the PT to work me out a programme so that I can work on it and hopefully relieve the strain on my medio collateral ligament.  I can run but for a couple of days after my knee is sore and that's after only 5k so building on it for a marathon programme isn't going to happen any time soon!  You think you're panicking Sinbad - I'm right there with you!

School finishes today at 12.30 and I can't wait!  Off then until 7 January yippee!

20/12/2012 at 12:02

That makes sense now Trigger  I'm sure the strain on my medio collateral ligament would be helped if I knew what it was   I hope you get it sorted, niggly knees aren't good.

As for panicking - me and HTF are grabbing bragging rights on that one - it's only 6 weeks till Pilgrims - Yikes 

20/12/2012 at 13:38

Hi All,

The support your giving is ace, just want to give the same support back for you all.

Triigger2 thanks for that it all means a lot for me. Sorry your still having prblems with training still keep trying.

Cinders SL I know its a lot, and i'm slowly cutting down, its my alternatice to alcohol at the miin, I'm sloly changing to fresh orange and apple juice,

OOw er you and HFT panicing too, try and do what you have suggested to me, pick a plan and try to stick to it.

With regards to a training plan, manchester marathon organisers sent an email with suggestions of a 16 week training program today. I can just about manage 5k  with very little walking. it suggests starting with 7 miles with 3 shorter runs, with cross training. I hope to stick to that from January, but sill doing 5k upto that time.

it will be exactly 16 weeks till the manchester marathon from1st January.

With regards to trying to find out more about brothers security checks on immediate family. I have ssent an email to Mi5 (not sure if right people to contact) asking them to yes or no if this happened, and release information on the 30 year rule. They admitted on web site that the ma not even send confirmaion to any email. I guess I just got to wait and see now.

SL HFT you will be great in the Pilgrims, I have been reading your posts regarding training.

Hope your all okay?

20/12/2012 at 14:24

How are we all???   Well im still sober and smoke free.  Two weeks short of two years now.   My challenge last year was an ultra so did50 miles on NDW and for this coming year it is 100 miles.

20/12/2012 at 14:37

Hi All,

Nice to make an aquaintance with you spen71

Im impressed with you going for two years now, along with the distanes your covering.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.