Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,901 to 29,920 of 31,560 messages
20/12/2012 at 16:07

Hello Spen -fancy seeing you here   You've done really well, here's to the next two years, does this mean that in 2014 you've got to do a 200 mile run  

20/12/2012 at 16:17

Hi spen and well done, fab going on the 50

Dunno about the world ending tomorrow but at this rate we'll need an Ark! 

Little C had his first nativity play this morning, he was a shepherd

20/12/2012 at 17:41

Hi All,

I forgot about the wrold ending tomorrow. I may as well get drunk .

Its only been light rain here so far. If rain not too bad, I will do a 5k run in the morning.

How did it go for little  Cinders?

20/12/2012 at 18:00

Hi All,

SL HFT. I have just read a little about the route. It says its not till September 2013, Have I misread it? It also didn't say anything about the distance the web site just said thhe route, and that its multi terrain.

I would be interested in giving it a go if its September 2013.

21/12/2012 at 11:45

Morning everyone   Finally on the road to recovery, woo hoo!!   The decongestant stuff seems to be slowly working and the cough, headache and teethache are all slowly disappearing so I'm hopefully of a run on Sunday.  Must be getting better, been stuffing my face with all sorts of crap for the last couple of days!

Can I ask why you aren't running outside Sinbad? (might have missed why when I was poorly-sick).  You won't be the only one panicking about the distance, I have a 10k on New Years Day and have no idea if I can get round it, and that's the begining length run in my plan   Still have a physio appointment on 27 December so hopefully we can finally get the knee sorted out. 

Trigger, did the phsyio not give you some sheets with quad exercises on?  If not I have some at home from my last round with the physio that I can scan in and email you.  Also core is good to work on if you have weak glutes and quads as they all work together.  Let me know if you want the sheets and I'll send them all over, have a few of them now!

Oh, meant to ask, someone mentioned some website that buys books a while ago but I can't remember who it was.  I have six boxes of books that need sorting and getting rid of so if anyone can remember what the site was called and could post it I'd be very grateful!

*waves at everyone else* 

21/12/2012 at 12:47

Hi All,

I'm not quite sure why I' not running outside TST , I dont mind the rain or wind its just ice I hate. I think I'm in a rut and confidence crisi os at the moment, and I have being feeling out of sorts all week.

Glad yoour on the mend TST, wow 10k on New Years .day, i can understand your concerns, yet I feel with your experience you will do great.

Six boxees that a lot.

I have decided on my nexxt step career wise. I'm hoping to start on a Cognitive Behaviour Therpay Diploma course some time next year. IT's a private comany, not university, but has BPS accreditation, and mostt peopke who have the right amount of hours nunder their belt, gets the chartership from our governing body.

My reason for the private comoany is; that universty diploma insists that you must be working in nhs or private sector first (or voluntary, very difficult for me to get volunteer work, they don't like pts). The second is I could have done the open college network (study at home for £300 for each module). But as i asked one person. They suggest the private company £800 a module, for two reasons. I get three days of practice for each module, and lectuers. Plus and probable most important, I will be networking with people already  working in the orofession, and who knows where that may take me.

Hope your all okay.

21/12/2012 at 13:11

Sinbad - what run is in September 2013???? The Manchester one you mentioned is definitely in April.

TST - it was me who mentioned about the book site but I can't remember what it is now.  You could try amazon or ebay or there are others on the net you could try.

It's not raining Cinders - we're still here and the sun is shining 

For those who don't already know - I got THE most fantastic surprise at running club last night.  My name was pulled out of the hat for one of the guaranteed places for the VLM in April - I've still got a smile as wide as the cheshire cat and can't stop grinning  

21/12/2012 at 13:41

Hi All,

Yes the Manchester pril. I have found a 16 week program starting from 5k, and I think I will be able to stick to it.

Sorry SL it wasn't very clear. I'm talking about the Pilgrims race

Mayan Apocolypse was jsut just about apocaalypse. It was also saying if we survived it was the start of new era for humanity. Lets hope their right, that huumanity does become more caring and undeerstanding.

Hope your all okay.

21/12/2012 at 17:34

Well done SL

Na, it was raining yesterday.  Today was lovely and sunny, so mild we joked at work that it was warming up for the end of the world....that never happened!  As I saw it, their calendar ended, they just needed a new one?

Good luck sellling your books TST, fraid I don't know the site.

22/12/2012 at 11:12

TST I'd love to receive the sheets - I went to the PT yesterday and today I'm so sore so obviously worked very hard.  She's going to be typing up descriptions of the exercises we did and e-mailing them to me.  Just as well because I can remember very few right now. Almost wish it had been videod!  I mentioned a book selling site that was called fatbrain but I've not actually used it.

Absolutely tipping it down here at the mo and looks like it's going to do that for at least the next three days - ugh!

Hope everyone's keeping well

22/12/2012 at 11:13

OMG Sunluvva well done - lots of lovely training for you now!

22/12/2012 at 12:10

Hi All,

I just reread you last post. Thats fantastic news for you. Im so pleased for u SL

22/12/2012 at 14:07

Thanks folks - fantastic surprise and I'm still grinning every time I think about it   I've done 2 runs this week and need to do a long one this weekend.  I'd have liked to do it today but hubby had surgery on his knee yesterday so I couldn't really leave him alone for hours with kc while I went out.  He can be more active tomorrow so I'll go then.

22/12/2012 at 14:33

How did his surgery go SL?

22/12/2012 at 15:20

It seems ok but we can't really tell till it's all healed up.  He said it feels better so it's looking good.

22/12/2012 at 16:24

Hi All,

If anyone deeserves that place on VLM its you SL for the support you have given to KC and hubby and so on....

I hope it continues to heal well for your hubby SL

23/12/2012 at 11:06

Hi All,

What a contrast this morning, from tipping it down with rain, to practically aperfect running day. I managed 2.14 miles without stopping at my mums home but apart from a small hill its flat. in 30.39 mins not fast but its a start.

Everyone must be Christmas shopping, its very quiet.

Trigger2, will you be seeing the PT (physiotherapist?) again. Its sounds as if it did help?

Hope you have all finished your Christmas shopping?

tr

23/12/2012 at 11:31

Morning Sinbad PT = personal trainer and yes I will be seeing her again - probably once a month initially.  Can't afford much more than that   She's going to send me a schedule through later today so I can work on that over the Christmas.  Well done on your run today - I did 2.75 miles and, as you say, it's a start.

Off to buy the turkey later - rest of food shopping arrived yesterday

23/12/2012 at 11:45

Morning

Well done on your run sinbad

Shopping all done here, food also came yesterday but no turkey as we're having a bbq on Christmas Day.  We decided last year that neither of us actually liked turkey!

23/12/2012 at 19:04

Well done on your run Sinbad, doesn't matter how far or how fast - it's further and faster than everyone who didn't run.   

Cinders - beef and gammon  here as no one likes turkey either! I've got to get a cabbage as hubby cooked the one I'd bought for xmas by mistake today - apart fom that I just need milk and bread.  All presents bought and wrapped 

I managed to do 18ish miles today - for the first time in ages I got lactic acid build up in my legs, it was bloody agony .  I managed to run/walk through it but it bloody hurt, my own fault for not eating enough fruity stuff yesterday.   I had a mince pie then a piece of cheese on toast, naturally it caused my stomach grief so I didn't eat enough of anything else   Oh well - lessons learned.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.