Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,901 to 29,920 of 31,655 messages
22/12/2012 at 11:13

OMG Sunluvva well done - lots of lovely training for you now!

22/12/2012 at 12:10

Hi All,

I just reread you last post. Thats fantastic news for you. Im so pleased for u SL

22/12/2012 at 14:07

Thanks folks - fantastic surprise and I'm still grinning every time I think about it   I've done 2 runs this week and need to do a long one this weekend.  I'd have liked to do it today but hubby had surgery on his knee yesterday so I couldn't really leave him alone for hours with kc while I went out.  He can be more active tomorrow so I'll go then.

22/12/2012 at 14:33

How did his surgery go SL?

22/12/2012 at 15:20

It seems ok but we can't really tell till it's all healed up.  He said it feels better so it's looking good.

22/12/2012 at 16:24

Hi All,

If anyone deeserves that place on VLM its you SL for the support you have given to KC and hubby and so on....

I hope it continues to heal well for your hubby SL

23/12/2012 at 11:06

Hi All,

What a contrast this morning, from tipping it down with rain, to practically aperfect running day. I managed 2.14 miles without stopping at my mums home but apart from a small hill its flat. in 30.39 mins not fast but its a start.

Everyone must be Christmas shopping, its very quiet.

Trigger2, will you be seeing the PT (physiotherapist?) again. Its sounds as if it did help?

Hope you have all finished your Christmas shopping?

tr

23/12/2012 at 11:31

Morning Sinbad PT = personal trainer and yes I will be seeing her again - probably once a month initially.  Can't afford much more than that   She's going to send me a schedule through later today so I can work on that over the Christmas.  Well done on your run today - I did 2.75 miles and, as you say, it's a start.

Off to buy the turkey later - rest of food shopping arrived yesterday

23/12/2012 at 11:45

Morning

Well done on your run sinbad

Shopping all done here, food also came yesterday but no turkey as we're having a bbq on Christmas Day.  We decided last year that neither of us actually liked turkey!

23/12/2012 at 19:04

Well done on your run Sinbad, doesn't matter how far or how fast - it's further and faster than everyone who didn't run.   

Cinders - beef and gammon  here as no one likes turkey either! I've got to get a cabbage as hubby cooked the one I'd bought for xmas by mistake today - apart fom that I just need milk and bread.  All presents bought and wrapped 

I managed to do 18ish miles today - for the first time in ages I got lactic acid build up in my legs, it was bloody agony .  I managed to run/walk through it but it bloody hurt, my own fault for not eating enough fruity stuff yesterday.   I had a mince pie then a piece of cheese on toast, naturally it caused my stomach grief so I didn't eat enough of anything else   Oh well - lessons learned.

23/12/2012 at 19:25

Hi All,

Yes  PT can be expensive, glad its of help to you though trigger2. Enjoy shopping for the turkey. Good run, by the way.

But you managed to complete it SL well done.

Uptil now, I have set my watch on distance and time. I have switched that now on my Garmin to speed and distance, unless it's setting a new distance. Hope that made sense?

Hope your all okay?

24/12/2012 at 10:20

Morning All,

I did another run this morning even in the rain . Time was 28.38

But a question. On the Garmin, when you upload the information from the watch, it says moving time and elapsed time. Which do you use elasped or moving time?

Hope your all prepared?

25/12/2012 at 00:07

Happy Christmas

25/12/2012 at 08:33

Merry Christmas everyone! 

yeo
25/12/2012 at 09:28

Merry Christmas all

Thanks once again to everyone here for the amazing continuing support, and laughs!

Hope you have a happy, peaceful, and stress free day xxx

25/12/2012 at 10:05

Hi All,

Merry Christmas all of you. And I echo the post from Yeo over the support.

25/12/2012 at 10:49

Fab post Yeo

Hi sinbad

Only *stress* here is trying to get the bbq out of the shed in the rain lol

25/12/2012 at 12:14

Merry Christmas to you all - no stress here either Yeo now but got a bit stressed at 4.30am when kc wouldn't go ack to bed     

25/12/2012 at 12:54

Hi All,

Lol with SL.That's normal for her (how old is KC?), can't remember you telling me.

I just been in garden wih my 9 year nephew, toy fighting fun as  as well as teaching him a little self defence. Half an hour and he's worn me out lol. It's concrete so we didn't get muddy , so not shouted at by the parents in his new clothes .

26/12/2012 at 11:49

Morning.

Yikes SL, did she go back to bed or was that it, up?  Did you have a good day?

sinbad, that sounded good fun

We're off up to Rugby, got nan's funeral tomorrow morning so staying overnight and going to see my brother. 

Have a good day all

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.