Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,941 to 29,960 of 31,655 messages
02/01/2013 at 13:58

Happy New Year everyone! 

Good that you have the go-ahead for the op Yeo and that they are giving you a GA, I wouldn't fancy being awake for it! 

Hopefully we'll see a bit more of you Apps, but really well done for the last few months.

Stick at it Sinbad.  I'm just about to embark on my training plan for the VLM too and I must admit it looks scary but I know it'll be worth putting the effort in now as that is what will get me to the finish.

Right, need a little help from you Kent people!  We are going to Canterbury for the weekend of 27-28 July for my brother's wedding and my sister suggested I should do an event while I'm there so I was wondering if anyone knows of anything going on in the vacinity that weekend?  I can't find anything on here, but have realised that only some events are on here as the New Years Day 10k I did wasn't listed here this time although it was still on and has been here on previous years; not sure if you have to pay to have your event listed here  or something.  Anyway, any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

02/01/2013 at 14:28

Hi All,

TST keep me/us upto with the VLM training. Sounds like you are gearing yourself up for thee chllenge ahead.

02/01/2013 at 15:22
Hi TST. Do you mean running events in Kent that weekend?
02/01/2013 at 15:27

Yes, running I think would be easiest.   Or would look at a swim event.  Could take the bike for a cycle event or tri but then that could be awkward keeping it in the hotel room or finding somewhere safe to keep it!

02/01/2013 at 15:53

Hi All,

TST wrong part of country for me. I'm West Yorkshire.

02/01/2013 at 16:14

Ok, I'll have a look around later

02/01/2013 at 20:25

Hi Guys!  Did Ally Pally parkrun yesterday.  It's renowned for its hills and yesterday it was renowned for a muddy hill!  Subsequently 30.26 for me.  Not too worried - just glad that the knee only complained for a little while.

I slipped off the booze wagon over Christmas and New Year.  No horrendous hangovers just sociable drinking but am back "off" it again now.  Also back at Slimming World today and at the top end of my target range having put on 3lbs over the festive season.  Time to get serious!

Hope you're all keeping well xx

02/01/2013 at 22:46

Hi All,

trigger 2 thats still faster than my 5k a good 15 mins at least.

Glad you managed to minimize the booze to sociable drinking,

03/01/2013 at 08:52

Morning folks

Cinders - juices are fantastic for the immune system, especially if you get some greens and/or other veggies in too.  You don't 'cook' them at all so you get all the vitamins and minerals from them.  They really can help  

Great time for a 5k Trigger, I can only dream of such speediness at the moment 

TST - not sure what's on, I'll have a look around with Cinders.  What distance are you thinking of?

03/01/2013 at 09:31

Morning everyone

Well done Trigger, I'd be more than happy with that sort of time

Thanks SL and Cinders, if you could have a look about I'd be very grateful.  Probably looking at a 10k or so SL, I shall be paring it right back after London and certainly won't be doing anything more than a half again!!

Been back to the docs and the physio yesterday; more antibiotics from the doctor to try and shift this stubborn infection (had it since I had the flu at the beginning of December ) and ultrasound from the physio.  Got several more appointments lined up with the physio so hopefully I'll get fixed this time!  Also saw the sports massager last night and she said my back, neck and shoulders were really tight from all the coughing I've been doing   Dietician tomorrow, think I'm gonna be in trouble!

03/01/2013 at 11:32

Crikey TST that sounds like a major overhaul.  Hope all goes well

03/01/2013 at 11:34

Oooo Trigger, I have finally brought those physio sheets in to scan and send you!!!  Will message you about it

03/01/2013 at 12:48

Thanks TST - would you like to receive my workout too?  Can scan and reciprocate.

Just back from 2.84 - should have been 3 but who gives a damn!

03/01/2013 at 13:58

Yikes TST, hope you can get that infection sorted ((( )))

Still a good run trigger

Back to work today

03/01/2013 at 19:02

Hi All,

my aopolgies. I have no idea about TST ifenction, and no idea about your infection. But hope your infection heals soon TST.

No run for me today. I felt so down, that i spoke with my mum, that I have booked a holiday.For £280 I have booked an all inclusive at the club hotel Rui Marco Polo Tunisia Hammamet's.

I've just had enough.

TST once again, I hope your okay?

Hope all okay with you all.

04/01/2013 at 00:22
Hello folks, hope you're all OK.

Sinbad - sorry to hear you're feeling down but well done for recognising the signs, speaking to your family and taking some action. Hopefully a break in Tunisia will be a tonic - will you take your running shoes?

SL - I played with my juicer for the first time today...amazing! I had one several years ago that didn't really work so I was surprised at how incredible it is to be able to juice anything. I started with 5 oranges, then did 5 apples before being a bit more adventurous and doing a carrot, celery and apple juice - no problems with my 5-a-day there! I also realised I have a Jason Vale book and might give the 7 day programme a go - I'll keep you updated and will probably ask for advice along the way!
04/01/2013 at 06:37

Hi All,

Thanks for that apparition.

Fresh juice drinks machine, sounds good

04/01/2013 at 09:41

Morning all   Well the antibiotics seem to be working, albeit slowly!  Not a good day yesterday though as Mr TST got clipped by a car that tried to get past him when he was standing next to the van (waiting to get in it).  He's ok, but the twat that hit him didn't stop and even sped up to make a getaway so they obviously knew they'd done it.  He's been checked by the doctor who want's to see him again in a couple of weeks as the main impact was on his knee and he wants to make sure that it's not affected his RA.  Cracking purple bruise coming out from his knee down to almos this ankle though.

So, VLM plan all done!   Have basically gone for the Marathon Running for Mortals run/walk plan, as that's similar to what I was using last year before getting injured.  I quite like it as it gives you a long run and then a shorter one the following weekend, ie 12 miles, 6 miles, 14 miles, 6 miles.  I think that will be a lot less daunting than massively long runs each weekend and will help me with the mental aspect, which I'm struggling a bit with.  Also have one club session and two sessions of 45-50 minutes each week, one of which I'll use as a slower run after the club session and the other I'll try and work it as a sort of speed session.  HAve also managed to fit boxing and swimming in every week and circuits most weeks, although I've dropped it the weeks I have a longer run.  Emailed it to myself at work today so I can print it out on huge A2 paper to pin up in the hallway!!

Holiday sounds nice Sinbad, got a good deal there.  Love booking late, you always get a bargain!

Glad you're having fun with the juicer Apps

*waves at eveyone else*

04/01/2013 at 13:31

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your husband TST. I hope he heals quickly.

Your training plan sounds good for you, I'm positive it will work.

Well even with a hangover I managed 6.5k on the gym tredmill, it was just nice being in the warm for a change.

I hope I'm not being a pain, but I really do try to find work or even voluntary work, college, but every time I have a pts episode I have the door slammed in my fac shut. Sam with people, their so shocked at my outburst that they don't want to know me. i don't blame tbem. Thats why I go away as often as possible, so that at least for one week I can manage to be me, most of the time being able to cope around people, and they seem to like me,

I'm hoping to do a 5 mile run saturday doing the same as TST run and walk.

While on holiday, there is a gym there, and although I will be having some beer, I hope not too much so that I can't train. I like idea of running along empty roads, as the nearest town is 8k away.

Hope your all ok

04/01/2013 at 14:03
Hi there folks, am giving up the booze too as of January so thought is say hello!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.