Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,961 to 29,980 of 31,284 messages
03/01/2013 at 11:32

Crikey TST that sounds like a major overhaul.  Hope all goes well

03/01/2013 at 11:34

Oooo Trigger, I have finally brought those physio sheets in to scan and send you!!!  Will message you about it

03/01/2013 at 12:48

Thanks TST - would you like to receive my workout too?  Can scan and reciprocate.

Just back from 2.84 - should have been 3 but who gives a damn!

03/01/2013 at 13:58

Yikes TST, hope you can get that infection sorted ((( )))

Still a good run trigger

Back to work today

03/01/2013 at 19:02

Hi All,

my aopolgies. I have no idea about TST ifenction, and no idea about your infection. But hope your infection heals soon TST.

No run for me today. I felt so down, that i spoke with my mum, that I have booked a holiday.For £280 I have booked an all inclusive at the club hotel Rui Marco Polo Tunisia Hammamet's.

I've just had enough.

TST once again, I hope your okay?

Hope all okay with you all.

04/01/2013 at 00:22
Hello folks, hope you're all OK.

Sinbad - sorry to hear you're feeling down but well done for recognising the signs, speaking to your family and taking some action. Hopefully a break in Tunisia will be a tonic - will you take your running shoes?

SL - I played with my juicer for the first time today...amazing! I had one several years ago that didn't really work so I was surprised at how incredible it is to be able to juice anything. I started with 5 oranges, then did 5 apples before being a bit more adventurous and doing a carrot, celery and apple juice - no problems with my 5-a-day there! I also realised I have a Jason Vale book and might give the 7 day programme a go - I'll keep you updated and will probably ask for advice along the way!
04/01/2013 at 06:37

Hi All,

Thanks for that apparition.

Fresh juice drinks machine, sounds good

04/01/2013 at 09:41

Morning all   Well the antibiotics seem to be working, albeit slowly!  Not a good day yesterday though as Mr TST got clipped by a car that tried to get past him when he was standing next to the van (waiting to get in it).  He's ok, but the twat that hit him didn't stop and even sped up to make a getaway so they obviously knew they'd done it.  He's been checked by the doctor who want's to see him again in a couple of weeks as the main impact was on his knee and he wants to make sure that it's not affected his RA.  Cracking purple bruise coming out from his knee down to almos this ankle though.

So, VLM plan all done!   Have basically gone for the Marathon Running for Mortals run/walk plan, as that's similar to what I was using last year before getting injured.  I quite like it as it gives you a long run and then a shorter one the following weekend, ie 12 miles, 6 miles, 14 miles, 6 miles.  I think that will be a lot less daunting than massively long runs each weekend and will help me with the mental aspect, which I'm struggling a bit with.  Also have one club session and two sessions of 45-50 minutes each week, one of which I'll use as a slower run after the club session and the other I'll try and work it as a sort of speed session.  HAve also managed to fit boxing and swimming in every week and circuits most weeks, although I've dropped it the weeks I have a longer run.  Emailed it to myself at work today so I can print it out on huge A2 paper to pin up in the hallway!!

Holiday sounds nice Sinbad, got a good deal there.  Love booking late, you always get a bargain!

Glad you're having fun with the juicer Apps

*waves at eveyone else*

04/01/2013 at 13:31

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your husband TST. I hope he heals quickly.

Your training plan sounds good for you, I'm positive it will work.

Well even with a hangover I managed 6.5k on the gym tredmill, it was just nice being in the warm for a change.

I hope I'm not being a pain, but I really do try to find work or even voluntary work, college, but every time I have a pts episode I have the door slammed in my fac shut. Sam with people, their so shocked at my outburst that they don't want to know me. i don't blame tbem. Thats why I go away as often as possible, so that at least for one week I can manage to be me, most of the time being able to cope around people, and they seem to like me,

I'm hoping to do a 5 mile run saturday doing the same as TST run and walk.

While on holiday, there is a gym there, and although I will be having some beer, I hope not too much so that I can't train. I like idea of running along empty roads, as the nearest town is 8k away.

Hope your all ok

04/01/2013 at 14:03
Hi there folks, am giving up the booze too as of January so thought is say hello!
04/01/2013 at 14:25

hI All,

Your  very welcome mr f. You will find all those who come into this thread supportive, non judgemental and not to forget the social aspect also.

04/01/2013 at 22:15
First Friday night and so far not too bothered! Although I havent slept well since New Years Eve. At least the return to work on Monday will be with a clear head!
04/01/2013 at 22:27
Well, the supplies remained in the garage and i haven't been too tempted. birthday tomorrow so will be the nominated driver, now that's dedication eh!!
05/01/2013 at 16:35

Hi folks and welcome mr f and cyclingrunning.  Well done to both of you and Happy Birthday mr f - good move offering to drive 

TST, Trigger, Cinders, sinbad et all - we all sound like a bunch of crocks not a bunch of healthy running peeps   I hope all viruses, wobbly knees and other malfunctioning parts are all better soon xxxxx

Well done everyone who's managed to get a run in - indoors or out - it's still a run 

Cinders, Apps and anyone else with a juicer - I made a lovely one today.  Strange mix of ingredients but it tasted like wine gums to me   I put in one large bulb of fennel, 300g spinach (you might want less if you're not used to it) one lemon with rind on and however many apples it took to make it 1.5L about 8-10 I think but it will depend on size.  It was really really yummy scrummy.   I've got a big box of Jazz apples but any kind would do except granny smiths I'd say - though you could mix grannys with a sweeter one.  Do try it and let me know what you think 

I was going for my  long run today - 22-24 miles  but hubby's knee was really bad.  He caught his foot on the prong of the fork lift truck and twisted his knee and was in agony.  To be honest it's not been as good as it should be after the op, he's got an appt on 15th so hopefully he can find out what's going on with it.    I shall go tomorrow morning instead - it's much better today for resting it.

06/01/2013 at 08:57

Morning all and welcome to cyclingnrunning and Mr F

A juice that tastes like wine gums?  Almost tempting!

Off out shortly for my first lsr of marathon training schedule - 6 miles.  I'm about 5 weeks behind schedule but will do my best in the time that I've got left before Brighton.  Parkrun yesterday - 30.19 which I wasn't very happy with - like to stay below 30 if I can

06/01/2013 at 11:50

hI All

Hi cyclyingrunning and Mr f i echo words of SL in nominating yourself to be driver.

SL I really must get a juice maker at some stage. Sorry to hear that his knee is playing up. Hope you do manage to get out Monday.

Trigger2 I have complete confidence in you with getting back on schedule.

I just in a short while a go off my first 5 mile run, and comleted in 1hiur22 minuet. I'm quite pleased with that, as its extremly hilly, as you go up on to part of the Yorkmshire Moor.

Cyclyingrunning it can take a good couple of months off the booze before you start finding some form of sleeping partern, as one info pamphlet suggests, get a good book, to read. Or my suggestion lots of TV and or a sit down hobby.

When I get  bak off holiday, I am making a self referal to a charity called On Track I think its called. It helps those who keep sliding back onto alcohol, find ways of not going back onto beer. I'm fed up with myself doing that.

Whats a good time for a 5k parkrun?

I want to even if iits to watch, maybe tthen volunteer before doing one myself. But Im not so worried about time, but pushing myself out of potential friends company after run.

Anyway on the positive I will be doing 3 miles Monday Tuesday weights in gym, folllowed by a sauna, then hopefully 4 miles on Wednesday.

Hope your all okay  today? Was foggy on the moors this morning, it felt the American Werewolf In london, , even a little dog ran out of the few houses on my route

06/01/2013 at 15:26

Lol Sinbad, I started my run very early this morning and it was foggy with howling dogs too.

How was the run Trigger?

I went out expecting to do 22-24 miles and ended up doing a marathon   I think the quaint Kentish sign posts I followed were the ones put up after the war to confuse any lingering germans!  I'm sure it's all good training for Pilgrims but wonder what kind of state I'll be after 33 miles then another 33 miles the next day 

06/01/2013 at 15:45

Hi All,

Wow SL Im impressed. Just how many miles is this Pilgrims marathon ultra run?

06/01/2013 at 16:09

It's 66 miles in total 33 miles on the Saturday and 33 miles back on the Sunday 

06/01/2013 at 17:36

Good running SL

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.