Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

30,001 to 30,020 of 31,655 messages
11/01/2013 at 10:26
Hi All,
A belated wo ho for reaching the 30,000 post, thats some achievement.

Hope its okay to share a ureka moment with you all. Although I have noticed this before hand, I have not been able to strong enough to break enough to break into anew era for myself, each time I have tried I have been pushed down to the beginning again, but for the past year or so, although I have slid back, some new stages, I have not slid back all the way to the bginning.

I am convinced its been a mixture of the year long group therapy, returning to running, and staying away from my boat for four months (I have really missed her).That I either am too mentally strong for people or they are too strong for me.

This thread has been brilliant, normally after feeling rough I would give up, but surprisingly I'm not. With the milage increasing by 1 mile a week, i propose to say do a comfoortable 5 mile then walk the 6, then drop down to 3 then up to 4 preparing for the next new mile by walking jogging the six.

Hope this post not too long and about me to much. I genuinely hope that I show support etc to you all also.
Edited: 11/01/2013 at 10:35
12/01/2013 at 09:58

Morning all

Glad you are feeling good sinbad

How is the eye Yeo?

Have a poorly Buttons and a poorly cat.  Rossi has been sick 3 times this morning and Thomas once so far! 

Must admit SL and TST, these sports massages do sound very painful.  Do they work?

Hi to everyone else

12/01/2013 at 16:15
Sorry to hear you have poorly folk in the house Cinders - hope they're both feeling better soon. Belated happy birthday wishes to Thomas (unbelievable that he is 5 already!).

yeo - I hope the operation has gone well and recovery is on track. It must be a relief to be on this side of the op!

Sinbad - it's great that you're doing well and enjoying being part of this collective of lovely people!

Day 6 of the 7 day juice programme - I have had a couple of pastas with fresh tomato sauce and roasted veg but otherwise it's been juice only. I've got a more hardcore (SL) style one right now - cucumber, celery, spinach and wheatgrass - it's ok and I an see me sticking with a good percentage of raw food in my diet (but definitely not entirely!). Also did a 2 mile run earlier - much faster and stronger than my last one so feeling a bit healthier - hope to have shed some Christmas pounds too and think I will have.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
12/01/2013 at 17:44

Evening Cinders - yes they do work but can be sore  for a couple of days if you've had a niggle/ouch bit massaged.

Sorry to hear that Buttons and puss are poorly - how are you and hubby feeling 

Another good run today - but very tough.  I'm on a fb group for mental runners who like runing off road and getting really muddy - a friend of a friend saw my muddy photos and said I belonged there   Anyway one young guy lives near Brighton and said he was going for a run on the South Downs so I invited myself along   We did almost 14 miles with some hefty hills thrown in.  The weather was abysmal - I ddon't think I've ever been so wet, I came hom eand had a bath to dry off 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/261085909

Any other running going on today?

12/01/2013 at 17:46
Hi All,
I'm as drunk as a skunt. I'm a mess, and angry at me for being so. I had it all planned at what to post, now its a mess. I want to cry, guessthat may come out on holiday.

Is it really too much to ask for me to want to me? with or without alcohol?
I'm so angry with me. Looking at my home. seeing it as a pig sty, nowhere near the stanrdsy I want it. Even want to delete all this as I type.

I want so muh more from my life than this.
I'm excited and scared about my holiday.

I just want to be me.

I want to be here for you all to.
yeo
12/01/2013 at 17:58

ey oop guys,  the yeoman is back 

As some of you know from elsewhere, everything went well with the op.  I went to theatre at 5 on Thursday evening, and Big Sis collected me at 9.  I had no ill effects after the GA, so after a restful day at hers yesterday I came back home this morning.

Thanks for all the good wishes and positive vibes, it really does help to know people are thinking of you.

Sightwise, the eye will be a bit unfocussed for up to 6 weeks, but the nasty cloudiness from the cataract has gone.  Now it's a bit like wearing an old pair of specs found at the back of a drawer, but that will improve and I might get a plain lens put in my glasses because now the prescription is completely different.

See lots of you have been getting out on the road and in the mud, tackling my fitness is my next target.

yeo
12/01/2013 at 18:00

You ARE here for us, Sinbad, that's what I've been saying, and of course we want you.

Remember the time you don't feel like posting is probably the time you need the thread the most

12/01/2013 at 18:10
Hi All,

Thank you Yeo.

I'm here for you lady. I really will be here for you. Sleep as best you can.
12/01/2013 at 18:42
Hi All,
I'm trying to back now. Cinders, I hope kids get well soon. Hope there ok soon.

I intend to have a turkish bath while away.
SL I'mlike you spars really do work, most of the time.

As I said I'm backtracking.
Glad the op went well Yeo. Wish there was more I can post on that one.

SL I hope you felt better after the bath?
If its a warner time a year I enjoy running in the rain.
SL I'm so envious of the miles your clocking up, I hope your miles one day.
Sleep well all.
12/01/2013 at 19:07

((( sinbad )))  You are here

SL, fab running.  Love the Garmin link, that looked a lumpy run

Apps, how do you feel after doing the juicing? 

Yeo, great news that it went well and hope it continues to heal well over the next 6 weeks. 

Well both the poorlies seem ok now, Thomas hadn't even opened his party presents from Thursday but has now and is a happy chappy.  My *running* today was mostly around with carpet cleaner lol.  Maybe a run tomorrow

12/01/2013 at 19:17
Hi All,

Thanks Cinders And lol and happy he is a happy a chappy with presents.

I've not run in in 4 days days now. And am frustrated, I can see myself doing some runs on the beach I hope.
I'm sure the cleaner appreciates the attention Cinders?

Glad kids seem okay.
Enjoy your weekend all.
12/01/2013 at 21:39

Better pack some trainers then sinbad   When are you off on holiday?

12/01/2013 at 22:19
Hi All,

Wednesday 0635 flight. because of trains, I will be at Manhster airport from 01.15.
13/01/2013 at 08:59
Hi All,

Just seen weather forecast. West Yorkshire is due to get snoow, at some time today. Also Mondat and possible Tuesday. I will just have to keep eye on the weather, for the weather for the train to theairport. I hink its Manchester airport that has the heated runway so should be okay.

If it snows, I will go to the gym and do 10k slow walk run on the treadmill. I maay do the same Tuesday morning but a 5k, and try and run walk on holiday,

I am in two minds weather to take my net book with me on holiday, to keep up with training and Garmin stats.

Question. I have not had a full week off from jogging since late September 2012, do any of you feel guilty in having a full week off,, with an event 4 months away?

Hope your all okay?
yeo
13/01/2013 at 09:18

Morning all

Looking at the weather forecast I'm glad I'm not going back to work for a few days, the snow looks like arriving this evening.

Good luck with your getaway, Sinbad. As you're going to Manc by train you should be ok, and the airport is pretty efficient.

I'm the wrong person to ask about non-running guilt, as I'm not a regular runner (yet!), but yes I think feeling guilty about missing a week is normal. But don't worry, you don't slip back a week in your fitness level, and the important thing is you're bouncing back again!

Enjoy your holiday, you deserve it

13/01/2013 at 10:13
Hi All,

Thanks for that Yeo. I'm glad your relaxing and not about to do battle with the snow.

I have been looking at what the hotel has to offer, they have a Turkish bath within the hotel. I know I will probable have to pay for it, but I don't mind as there so relaxing. Just hope there open as its out of season.
enjoy all.
13/01/2013 at 16:09
Hi All,

Cor blimey its quiet. Must be family Sunday lunch.

Well I have made a pact with myself. Somehow I will do the 16 week marathon program, on the Manchester arathon web site. It will mean being single bloody minded, but I'm determined to follow it. Even if it means walking the new distance after jogging walking the firrst five miles.

I will be at te hotel by lunchtime, and will see if I'm entitled to that meal. Then unpack and go for a run, then and Thursday, thats when the smaller distancs are done.
Hope your all having a pleasent Sunday?
13/01/2013 at 17:47

Lol, can't remember our last family Sunday lunch

Just remember to have a holiday too sinbad, relax and enjoy yourself.

13/01/2013 at 17:56
Hi All,
Ow I intend to have a relaxing holiday, with hopefully my last booze till at least after the marathon (I hope).
Cinders no family lunch. I thought it was traditional.

Er I have lost my smiley faces. How do I get them back?

Once again I will try and get up that dammed hill. Its that steep drivers have to put their foot down to get up the the hill.
Hope your all okay, and ready for some snow, in parts of Britain.
Edited: 13/01/2013 at 17:57
13/01/2013 at 19:34

Not sure re the smileys I'm afraid.

Ah well, we had a bbq for xmas day.  Make your own traditions I say   I like food but think too much focus is made of it, time better spent doing other things

No snow here yet.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.