Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

30,041 to 30,060 of 31,542 messages
15/01/2013 at 08:15
Hi All,

Last post before I pack the net book. I'm taking it with me.

I just hope I do manage to get out for a run before I hit the bar on Wednesday,

Take it easy out there today, I saw forecast and it says lots of ice on untreated roads and pavements.

Not much i can say except I feel for you SL, it must be hard for you with regards to food. If it helps I admire you at trying so hard to cope with Crohn's problem.

Hope all are okay
15/01/2013 at 10:47

Yep Sinbad, it was Greece, and I didn't run a step when i was there :-\ Hope your holiday is fun.

It's now almost halfway through Jan, and I've not had a drop since NYE so I'm pretty pleased with that. I've not really been tempted to be honest, but then it's a fairly quiet month socially for me, so not too much of a challenge. I'm also getting some decent quality sleep in, which i think is massively helping my marathon training.

Hope you're all managing to get out despite the weather.

15/01/2013 at 13:33
Afternoon everyone.

yeo - glad your recovery continues apace and I'm sure you'll be pleased to get back to work!

Sinbad - have a great holiday and don't feel any pressure to run.

AG - great effort on the booze front! Sleep is so important for our health and wellbeing and I'm sure you're right about it helping with the training. Which marathon is it you're doing again?

Well I finished the juice detox - after 4 full days I added a healthy evening meal, rather than just juice and I lost 6 pounds in the 7 days. Towards the end I felt much more energetic and have run 3 times in 4 days, albeit only 3 miles each time. In fact I've just got back from a run in a snow shower, which was lovely!

Hope everyone else is good.
15/01/2013 at 19:39

Ooops forgot to mention that Ive gone past the 731 day mark.

15/01/2013 at 21:27

Evening all

Wow Apps - 6lbs in 7 days is great going but even better is the energy you felt.  Now you'll understand what I mean when I say that the juices give you lots of energy 

Great going on the booze free January AG, who knows maybe you'll 'forget' to start drinking again in February   Sleep is such a wonderful thing - I wish I could get lots more of it 

Have a fantastic holiday Sinbad, have a look at what the locals are drinking in the bars while you're there - you'll probably find lots of them drinking tea and coffee.  You could always do the same if you want to go for a run but also want to experience the local bars 

Great going Spen - got to admit I had to do some calculations to work out the significance.  I knew you'd done 2 years but it took me a few minutes to work out it was the same thing - doh 

I've still got the lurgy - I went down with a rotten cold on Sunday - think it's because  I got so wet on Saturday then had to stay in the wet clothes for so long till I got home and changed.  I've ordered myself a Montaine Minimus jacket so I stay dry in weather like that again!

15/01/2013 at 22:00

It was a leap year!

15/01/2013 at 22:54

Have a fab holiday sinbad and enjoy it

Great going spen

SL, how long now till Pilgrims? 

Well done Apps, fab juicing result.

Got poorly peeps here, little C not quite right yet and big C got some lurgy like the flu.  Am waving the garlic and red cross!!!

16/01/2013 at 14:36

17 days Cinders - not that I'm counting or anything  .  I'm getting nervous now - need to talk to HTF to calm me down or I'll be a wreck by the 2nd feb.  The jacket arrived yesterday while I was out yesterday, hubby collected it from the sorting office for me today and it fits so that's one less thing I've got to worry about.  I've got to get a foil blanket and a self inflating mattress.  My son said he's got a good sleeping bag I can use.  I've got a headtorch and whistle....... need to email the organiser to sort out my food - might need to take my blender..... someone slap me round the face to stop the hysterics please!!!!

16/01/2013 at 16:14

*slap*

Have you found a foil blanket?  If not I think I've still got one somewhere.

18/01/2013 at 17:28

Afternoon, quiet here.

Hope sinbad having a good holiday.

Everyone ok? 

20/01/2013 at 14:39

Very quiet here Cinders.  I have an old foil blanket but have ordered myself a new one, they're under £2.00!  

I did a long snowy run yesterday - glad I did it then as it's dreadful out there now!

20/01/2013 at 16:25
Ah ok. Still have 2 in their packets

We now have snow and lots of it. Just had a fab snowball fight
21/01/2013 at 11:23

It didn't stop for 10 hours yesterday Cinders 

Sinbad chose the right week to go away didn't he 

I should be going for a run today but am really tired and keep yawning so might skive off - all my biggest runs are done now.  I'm so glad I got out in the snow on Saturday - I don't feel so worried about doing the run if it snows now - the thought of that was really scaring me 

21/01/2013 at 13:20

Afternoon everyone   Everyone snowed in yet?!   Do you still need a self inflating mattress SL?  We have a couple that we bought and only used once as they don't give Mr TST enough protection from the ground with his RA. 

Still very snowy here, another couple of inches last night with some more forecast overnight.  No running for me on instruction for the physio so did a 7 mile walk on Saturday and think I've slightly pulled something in the back of my knee.  Am seeing the sports massagist tonight so will get her to check it out for me.  It's only a niggle but best to check it.  Am on a course tomorrow and Wednesday so no actual walking session as I'll be walking to and from the train station at both ends so will be getting enough walking done in these conditions I reckon! 

How is Buttons enjoying the snow Cinders?  Has KC been out in it SL?

21/01/2013 at 13:38

Hi TST - yes I do still need one, message me with how much you'd want etc.  Got a feeling that posting it might cost more than buying one locally!

KC's been out everyday since Friday - she was out ages yesterday!  She's at school today so I've had chance to get her soggy clothes clean and dry!

21/01/2013 at 14:17

Buttons in school also today, I sledged him in, it's melting fast so hope we've enough for me to sledge him back!

I don't much like being out in the snow.  Mr C's cousin thought she would walk to work on Friday instead of risking the car.  Poor lady fell and now is in hospital with a broken hip that's been plated. 

Hope sinbad having a good time.

21/01/2013 at 19:19
Hi all. Thought is pop in and say hi. Day 21 here, still no booze.ans enjoying it. Still getting daily headaches as if I've got a hangover though! Not finding it too tough either which is good.
21/01/2013 at 23:06

Lol Cinders - kc's too big for me to pull on a sledge but I bed Buttons loved it 

Great going Mr F, if you're getting headaches every day you almost certainly need to drink more water - I have 2- 3L most days and get headaches if I have less.  Still 21 days is a fantastic achievement 

22/01/2013 at 12:10
Hi All,

I have only just read SL post. So have lost track of whats happenning in thee thread.

Well the sun is finally out properly today, shorts weather.

I have not ran all week, as some of you said see how I felt on a daily basis. I have drank loads of beer, it has been practically impossible not to drink here, and as in the same mind set of the group I have been in.

To be honest the break has done me good, and I would recommend this hotel to you all, even though it is a purpose built resort. They go out of their way to look after you.

I have not spent a penny since being here, so the 50 Dina I has gone to the staff as tips. They don't get much and have to rely on tips.

As mentioned I'm ready for home, and ready to pick up training from the 5k to 10k that I was at just before the holiday. I will be doing a self referal to a place called On Track, to help me stay off the binge drinking, as I would like to think I can stay off the beer till at least after the Manchester Marathon.

Its the isolation that is the difficult bit,, when your changing lifestyles from binge drinking to staying tea totle. Hence why I'm going to the On Track place, see if that helps.

I believe its been snowing in Uk, yet as I said its sunbathing day today, I'm off outside to catch some rays, to say I have at least sat in the sun for a few hours ow er.

Hope your all ok.
22/01/2013 at 14:24

Glad you've  had a fab time sinbad, you enjoy your sunbathing.  Yes we've had snow but it's melting fast now .

Great going Mr F

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.