02/02/2013 at 23:52
Yay. Great going SL and HTF
03/02/2013 at 10:29
Hi All,

Greatt news.
03/02/2013 at 11:27
Morning.

Hope all going ok with SL and HTF

Still at mums but home later so will drop in when home.
03/02/2013 at 13:42

Afternoon folks

Pleased to say we both made the first 33 miles fine - very muddy and very slow but we did it.  Jayne started off this morning but I had to pull out- I've done something horrible to my toe and it's killing me.  It's a real shame as my legs are in good shape and weren't hurting at all this morning - seizing up a bit now though.   

I've spoken to Jayne this afternoon, she was about 4 miles from check point 3 so doing really well. I on the other hand have one warm foot in a sock and slipper and one cold one as even a loose sock is hurting but unlike Jayne I've had a lovely warm bath and hubby cooked me a full english 

I've copied my fb post below:

First Ultramarathon completed - 33 of the muddiest, steepest and hilliest miles I've ever run.
Had to pull out of day 2 (the 2nd 33 miles) as have nobbled my toe - doesn't sound too bad but it's twice the size it should be, a mixture of red and blue colours and the bone is bruised so will finish this particular job next year. Jayne started this morning so will almost certainly finish - she's a star

I'm a bit miffed as I was wearing tried and tested shoes and socks so can only assume that each time the really gooey mud tried to trap me and pull my shoe off it loosened the lace so my foot was moving and hitting the front during the decents. It hurts like hell and have got to wait now for the toenail to come off

03/02/2013 at 14:13
Hi All,

Ouch wouldn't like to be in your shoes SL ow er.

Its sad that you have to pull out. yet as you said its a challenge for you to keep taining for next year, with the possibility of further ultra runs throughout the year?

I managed my 5k today, moving time on Garmin 47.34, am quite pleased with that.

At least It gives me a chance to catch up with you all.

Hope the injuries heals quickly SL keep us informed as best you can on HTF is getting on please.
yeo
03/02/2013 at 15:32

SL, I've congratulated you elsewhere, but I've no qualms about doing it again Congratulations!

It's a measure of your achievement that you're disappointed in doing 'only' 33 miles! And we all know that if it hadn't been for your dodgy toe you'd've joined HTF in doing the whole 66.

That's a good run, sinbad, you're showing real progress.

I saw my consultant last Thursday, and he decided to drain my eye a bit more.  This he did by prodding it hard with what looked like a cotton bud, which was about as much fun as it sounds   However the result is that I can now see much better, and it feels better too.

Edited: 03/02/2013 at 15:32
03/02/2013 at 19:38
Hi All,

I agree with Yeo with regards n how you feel with injury.

Thanks for that Yeo. I'm trying. I hope to build up the distance with one increased run by a miles between one mile once to weeks (if that made sense).

Ouch, about the eyes Yeo. Hope your eyes continue to improve as quickly and as painless as possible.

How is the cafe and other Project going Yeo? I hope you can if not already back into training to Yeo.
05/02/2013 at 13:57
Hi All,

Well I had gym kit in my bag, I got into town, and ended up getting drunlk. Athough I'm sober now, the weather has struck big time. It was a big storm we had here last night, thunder lightnning and snow (its snowing again as I make this post. You may see some of our bad weather on the news.

I'm annoyed I got drunk, its isolation. I know a couple of people that drink at 10am, so I got drunk with them for part of the day then wandered around on my own after that.

I'm going to my boat in Scarborough Wednesday, we have had nearly two weeks of storms, and I need to check uo on her, and to resume and finish of renovating her. Just the beds and navigation lights to finish now.

The hotel (the Grand) has a fully equipped gym, so I'm hoping it has a treadmill. so I will do my four runs Wednesday in the gym, not the best solution, but is the bestt I can do.

How did HFT do overall on the 2nd day? SL how is the injury?

Hope your all okay?
05/02/2013 at 15:07

I'm impressed with your 33 miles sunluvva

and good work getting out for your 5k sinbad. good plan to run on the dreadmill, it's not ideal, but given the weather it's better than the alternative of not running at all, right.

Thankfully my marathon prep is on target. was a bit worried on sunday after my LSR because my left achilles was a bit tight and sore, but i took an ibuprofen and it was fine by monday morning. i have a tempo run tonight. 10 miles from work to home, with 5 miles at half-marathon pace. it's a little windy here, but not as bad as the weather in some parts, so I should be ok.

Keep it up people

05/02/2013 at 16:03

hi all

I had a sports massage yesterday - all I can say is OUCH   She said she was hardly touching me but it still hurt quite a bit.  It's much better today - mostly my right calf but has been getting easier as the day wore on.  

Weather's not too bad her Sinbad, maybe getting away to your boat will make you feel a bit better inside so you won't feel the need to drink.  

Ouch to being poked in the eye Yeo but pleased to hear it helped.  

HTF finished about 6pm on the Sunday night - blistered and bloodied feet but rightly chuffed with herself - I think she's amazing, I didn't want to totally knacker my feet on my first ultra - I didn't want to be put off doing another one 

05/02/2013 at 16:20

Ouch all round... ouch to sports massages, poked in the eye, HTF's feet and AG's achilies!

Well done again though HTF and SL, fab going

Glad to hear your prep on track AG

05/02/2013 at 17:56

Hi Cinders - how was your weekend with mum - any visits to A&E 

05/02/2013 at 19:59

Lol no, not this time  

06/02/2013 at 10:46

Pleased to hear it Cinders 

Feeling like I could manage a run today but am so busy I'll probably have to leave it till tomorrow - we'll see.

Hope everyone's ok - I know it's snowy in some places but at the moment it's still sunny here - fingers crossed it stays like that!

06/02/2013 at 12:16

10miles home last night. 3mi warmup, 5mi at half-mara pace, and 2mi cooldown.

considering i'd totally bonked around 3pm yesterday and didn't thinki'd have the energy to lace up my shoes i'm pleased with how it went. not sure if the afternoon energy crash was in my head or not, or a sugar crash after my lunch, but i'd eaten a decent lunch of slow burning carbs and some protein and lots of veg. and i'd been snacking on fruit throughout the day. perhaps just tired from all this running.

managed my 4mile recovery run into work this morning feeling ok.

going for a swim with the missus tonight. only 1 unit of booze in feb so far, a small vodka and orange on saturday night. sleep's been a bit erratic, been having nightmares over the last week, which is odd. suppose just a lot going on, maybe my mind needs some outlet for it.

07/02/2013 at 09:28
Hi All,

AG well done with the booze.

Hope you get out for a run soon SL.

Hi Cinders hope all is okay with you and your family.

Well I managed 9.75k this morrning, call it 10k ow er. It took me just under 2hrs, not even a 7.5hrs marathon. BBut course again in places (thats Yorkshire for you).

I was out at 06.30 this morning, jogging along the sea front, whilst the sun was coming up, and watching for the ice, only nearly went over once.

AG. restlessnes and nightmares I feel is part of coming off booze. Your mind is working overtime, trying to work out how to cope without booze.

Thats my theory probable wrong.

I had breakfast looking out to a windy sea.

Hope your all okay.
07/02/2013 at 17:48

Breakfast looking out to sea sounded nice sinbad.  Been very windy here too, had trouble getting out the car along yesterday.  Thomas' school is right on the sea front!

Good run there AG, how was the swim?

Did you run SL?

I'm still struggling with fatigue and tiredness.  It's been so long now I think I might have to go and see the Dr.

08/02/2013 at 12:29
Hi All,

I'm backtracking now, SL I'm glad I don't need a physio yet.

SL the boat alaways makes me feel I don't need to drink. I've not even felt like having booze. I had a falling out with a friend who I subbing cash to over summer to help me with jobs on her. He called it makes rates. But only really helped me out twice, over the whole summer. I got (excuse language) pissed over after subbing him ??10 and then to charge me more for fixing my engine.

Its that what made me start drinking heavily again. I told him how I felt twice asking him to not charge me mates rates, so I knew where I stood. He declined, I finally snapped, and rather than talk to him I texted how I felt. In return he told me noone liked me and that I should sell boat and fuck off back to where I came.

I honestly don't know how to cope with people friends or others like him. I run away from situations like this, and takes me ages to return, whether work or play. Longest time I have had a job down is one year.

Anyway enough bad talk. I'm spending the Saturday morning working on my boat. I did 4.56 miles spped walking this morning, from and back to my boat, I had walked from hotekl to my boat, but didnt time it. Thats about a mile. My calf muscle started hurting this morning, so having a day off Saturday.

It sounds like a good idea going to DR Cinder's, its better to be saffe than sorry.
08/02/2013 at 18:10

Well done on your run and walk Sinbad, always lovely being by the sea or any water body for that matter.  good idea to rest up if the legs hurting.

Sounds like you need to get a blood test done Cinders, make sure you're not aneamic (sp?).   

Fantastic running there AG, hope you enjoyed the swim.  Great going on the booze (or lack of) too 

I got out for about 6.5 miles yesterday.  It was really really tough, much more so than I thought it would be.  My toe's not hurting so much, the swellings gone down lots and it's now just a nice shade of purple!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.