Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

30,201 to 30,220 of 31,655 messages
25/02/2013 at 17:56

Hi All,

Trigger2 I have a psychology degree. I have an understanding of where I take it. One of 3 ways, into psychotherapy, of which there are 3 main ones. Into Investigative psychology, which would get me into working with killers, and sexual abusers  of any age, and or Social Services, but I don't have a driving licence of which you need.

Wow trigger2 first time in watching VLM, I may have seen you on tv.

Sounds like your best off out of teaching .

You take care trigger2.

Hope your all okay.

5 miles in the morning, on the roads, and in cold weather.

26/02/2013 at 15:36

Hi All,

I'm drunk. I'm at job centre in mornng. I'm not workshire. But am worried whether they will force me, into somethig I can't cope with.

Hope your all okay?

I'm not workshy.

26/02/2013 at 17:59

chalk it down to experience, Sinbad. tomorrow is a new day.

26/02/2013 at 20:07

Hi All,

I alaways do AG.

A few weeks ago I think it was Panorama program, looked into the schemes of people on benifits of the schemes to help people back into work.

One such company classed people such as myself as "Thieving little bastards."

Believe me I have tried to stay stay in work. The longest I have stayed in work was one year, in the whole of my working life.

Just like in school, I have had a broken glass bottle to my face, complaining how full time staff taking away part time hours. I was bullied in a workplace, and when I it eneded up in an industrail tribunral, although I won the case, I walked out, mentally and physically exhausted.

Then when I suffered a nervous breakdown and was in hospital for 3 weeks, I had a knife at my throat by a fellow patient.

I managed to get into the army for basic training *the Royal Artillery, at Wollich Arsenal), I was blackballed, This means you are pinned down by other recruicts, stripped naked and my scrotum and penis was covered in black boot polish. This is done because I kept getting the whole block, 60 recruits or more, as I kept getting them beasted. Whereby, all recruits are phsycially rained to exhaustion. I was kicked out,even though I wanted to stay and serve my country.

I only found out some 6 years ago, I couldn't keep up in any of the tasks was down to Dyspraxia.

So please, don't punish me any further fr something that I didn't know about or control.

27/02/2013 at 20:45

Hi All,

I start with a wo ho. My OMM waist pack has arrived. I feel now that I doon't have to worry about rehydration on long runs.

May I ask? have I put anyone off, chatting to me in this forum. I worry I go too deep?

It went well at job centre today. They now know what you do in this forum. They have accepted I'm not even ready for voluntary work. But want me to get to On track, and take baby steps forward.

I'm sorry if I go too deep. Your all I have. And I appreciate it.

27/02/2013 at 20:59

Evening sinbad and all.

When are you going to try your waist pack out sinbad?  Glad it went well at the job centre   What do they plan for getting you on track?

27/02/2013 at 21:17

Hi All,

Thanks for reply Cinder's. Hope your okay?

All being well Friday will try pack. Chill day Thursday

I hope to try and get to On Trak some time next week.

On Trak helps you try to stay on cutting down alchololo levels.

I hope not repeat myself.

How is everyone esle doing? Would like to know how you all are.

28/02/2013 at 11:24

Hello everyone.  So, I'm broken again   Went down a pothole in the road on Monday and have sprained my ankle, not the best thing to be doing 8 weeks away from the VLM!  Still, at least it's not broken and I don't seem to have damaged any of the ligaments or tendons or whatever too badly.  Have been RICEing the last two days and totally resting and although the swelling hasn't gone down I am able to put weight on it now and hobble about.  Not likely to be doing any walking training for another week or so but can swim next week which should help keep my fitness up a bit.  There's no way I'll get all the long walks in now, but at least because I'm walking it anyway it won't put so much strain on my body on the day so I should be ok.  If I miss the cut off then I miss it, but it's a battle between me and the distance now and I'm going to finish it come hell or high water!   Am getting a lot of help and advice from my running coach and sports massage lady, who has given me some exercises to do over the next few days, so I'm in good hands.  Also am booked in for the physio next Friday so hoping they will give me a bit of advice about if I should get a proper support bandage for the longer walks I can fit in and for on the day. 

That's good about the On Trak Sinbad.  How long does it take for the referral to go through?

Hope everyone else is well  

28/02/2013 at 15:39

Hi All,

I can make a self referal, I will try and get the courage to go next Wednesday.

Sorry to hear about your injury TST. I hope it heals and as safely as it can be.

Cinder's. I  went to the shop with waist pack on, I like it.

Only bad point is that the cord on the zips are not completly been seaaled. Although you can pull the cord on the zip out, it has to be done deliberatly. I can't understand why they have done that. It means you can't put a lock on it. But I think they may have thought as soon as your run is finished you take thhe pack off.

If weather is likeit is today, I will try and do 20 miles, even if its just walking. Just to see what time I  can do it in.

Trigger2 how is your injury healing?

Hope your all ok?

01/03/2013 at 08:11

Hi All,

Morning. I'm off out for a beer. I have had enough  stress this week. I spent too much, and won't have the cash for my new outboard engine for my boat till at least the first or second week in April.

I had better explain. She is moored right by the harbour steps in the outer harbour, and when the schools finish for holidays, I have nothing but trouble with them. I'm not against kids. They are the future after all, and they get bored and hang around the harbour. I'm right at the back, and when the tide is out they tend to walk across the mud to the harbour steps, and mess around with the tenders (the little boat you use to row out to your boat).

The Sea cadets is just at the harbour, and they have up to 50 boats for them to use. But some kids don't like uniforms or discipline. So I will just have to see if I can get a move somewhere else.

Hope your all okay.

01/03/2013 at 11:04

Early start Sinbad. Well it is Friday I suppose.

Shame about your boat, where is it moored? i.e. where in the country? I don't know the first things about boats, but i've had fun whenever I've been on one. My missus spent a lot of her childhood on boats around Vancouver so she loves it too. If i ever win a stack of cash on the lottery I'd like to learn to sail and buy a small sailboat.

Good luck with the recovery TST. I had a sports massage a couple of weeks ago, and it was the single most painful experience I've had. Worse than childbirth.

I've totted up my booze for Feb and it came to 31 units. I have a feeling March might be a bit higher. I'm going to Snowdonia hiking next weekend, and will probably have a few then. Plus meeting up with friends a few times over March, shouldn't get too messy, and i'm intending on being pretty moderate as I can't afford hangovers at this stage in marathon prep.

01/03/2013 at 14:42

Worse than childbirth eh?   Actually they do sound rather painful.

sinbad, hope you are ok.  Can you get your boat moved?

TST, how's the ankle today?  Have you thought about approaching the council re the pothole?

Got a poorly little fella and a poorly car today.  Both hot...........little C a temperature and the car, well it had smoke coming out of the steering column!

01/03/2013 at 17:54

ha ha, yeah, "worse than childbirth" is a glib comment i make whenever I cut my finger or stub my toe, especially if there are mothers in ear-shot, just to see if anyone bites  

But it was a pretty painful massage. No whale music and not so much as a scented candle in sight.

I'm no kwik-fitter, but the steering wheel isn't supposed to smoke, right?

01/03/2013 at 20:11

Ha ha, didn't really bite.  My one and only experience of childbirth was over in 1 hour 10 mins so it was more painful to run a marathon 

No, it's not.  And now the horn doesn't work!!!

02/03/2013 at 13:07

Hi All,

Lol with Cinder's over the car horn. Hope the little recovers soon. Your lucky with the birth only taking a little over an hour.

AG Cinder's she's moored in Scarborough. Its  just being michievious, I spoke with the habour office yesterday, he knows of a mooring a little further up  out oof the way of the harbour  steps, it will cost a little moor but worth  it for peacee of mind. In addition I will get more water time. In other words with me being higher up, it means I can stay out of the harbour longer.

AG Your more than welcome anytime you want to sail. She is only a baby though, not a big fancy yatch. Hope you win stacks of cash on the lottery.

I did 10 milles this morning, all hills, in a moving time of 2hours 58 minutes. I coiuldn't push myself any further. I had 6 pints Friday, and expected too muchh of myself. I feel the run was more like 12 to 14 miles. I'm also going to stick to the program, if I do an extra two miles ojn the long run, I can make the 20 miles in 4 weeks. I'm also determined to get to on trak first thing Monday morning. I have had 2 or 3 weeks binge drinking, then expect myself to cover the distance. I'm scared and apprehensive, I won't make the finish line. I have also learnt that having enough water is one thing, but after about 7 miles (for me), you really do need those energy bars.

Hope I have not bored you too much. I know at times its too much to read but helpps me get it out of my system.

Hope your all okay?

03/03/2013 at 12:23

Hi All,

You know something I'm hated everywhere I go, and I'm pushed out of everyones company, if not straight away, but over a period of time. Its not percieved, its true, in the whole of Huddersfield, there;s just one person I sit and gett drunk with. Yet I know its the beer, that pushes people away. Yet sober I struggle after a few days.

I've gone back to saiing and running, as there what kept me going when I was a kid. I was never the fastest at running, but it was a sae haven for me from everyone.

I am panicing as I have to save like hell, to buy an outboard engine by the beginning of April to move my boat. But also to get out sailing. Perhaps this year I may yet get the chance to sail to Whitby.

Also panicking over the marathon lol, if Istick to the program, I may just get round in about 8 hours lol.

Hope your all okay?

04/03/2013 at 09:43

Hi All,

Wow what a run can do for a person.

I just done a 4 mile run in 1 hour 05 minutes. A pb, when I stated in November my time was 1 hour 21 mins.

Its still slow, but I will try again when in Manchester, on the flat.

Hope your all okay?

04/03/2013 at 14:17

Well done sinbad, great running

04/03/2013 at 14:50

Hi All,

Thanks Cinder's. It's hrd to work on distance on its own, nice when you get a good time.

Wo ho, someone posted. It was starting to feel like a hermit in here

04/03/2013 at 16:34

I'm still here sinbad, just still looking after the poorly people! 

Didn't run over the weekend but did marshal which was great in the sun yesterday

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.