Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

30,321 to 30,340 of 31,656 messages
27/03/2013 at 11:59

Ditto TST, does he have something in writing from them, letter or job offer?  That stinks re changing the pay and hours.

Good luck tonight TST, hope it goes well and you get the go ahead.

sinbad, glad you're feeling a bit more upbeat.  How is the weather your way, still snowy.  Well done on the housework

Little C goes up to Stage 4 this afternoon and into the big pool.  He's quite nervous but he had a private lesson with the new instructor so hope he'll be ok

27/03/2013 at 13:00

Thanks for your support (and the links).  He doesn't have anything in writing at the moment but they say they'll give him a contract this week.

28/03/2013 at 09:17

Hi All,

Hope it goes well for your son trigger2

Massive hangover, I spent £30 on beer yesterday

Hope your all okay.

I feel sick now.

28/03/2013 at 19:16

Happens to us all Sinbad.  Hope you feel better now.

Managed to contact apprenticeships org and they've said it's a maximum of 48 hours so got that sorted.  He's hanging on in there.  It's tough at the moment for the youngsters I know someone who's daughter is a graduate yet working as an intern for no wages and just getting her fares paid plus £5 a day for lunch.  Awful situation for people to be in.

Freezing cold out there a the moment.  Have a handicap race on Saturday - hope it's a little warmer then.

28/03/2013 at 19:54

Hi All,

Thanks for that trigger2. Yes I feel somewhat better now.

I agree with you that its so hard for young people to get paid with or without any training.

I understand them, as people can't cope with my issues, and dare not  take the risk in employing me.

Its been a little warmer here today, the snowis starting to melt a little, and we actually got some sunshine today.

I have volunteered for the PR on the 6th April, it will give me a chance to get to  know the route.

Hope your all okay?

I'm hoping to go to the gym and get on the tredmill for a slow 5k, Ifeel that I'm starting again from scratch. Ar well once more into the breach.

29/03/2013 at 13:07
Morning everyone. How was your race Trigger?
How are you feeling now Sinbad?
I managed a 2.7 mile walk yesterday in just under an hour had some pain in the ligaments but overall it was ok. Ankle swelled up later so have decided to wear the tubi-grip for all training and on the day of the VLM. Am doing 6 miles tomorrow so that will be a big test and give me an idea of if I will be able to finish the VLM before cut off.
Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!
29/03/2013 at 14:02

Hi  All,

Yes trigger2 sorry for not asking, I ask as TST has said, how was the race?

That could be a good idea with the turbo grip TST.

I have finally recovered.

Wow I'm in a Tiz Waz right now. I don't know what to do about buying my engine, yet I need one to move my present boat to its new mooring.

However, I out of curiosity sent an email to a yatch broker in Cyprus, asking about live aboard yatchs. I said that it would be at least  6 months before I was in a posistion to buy. But he said that theree might be one that he has in mind for me. My head is blown away.

Just had to tell someone,  the chances are, that I wont manage it, as I did stress i was putting feelers outto see what I could get for 6 months time. But he said moorings are expensive, and would need a trailer to mover he.

My dreAM has always been to live aboard a boat, I just don't know if this will happen, I doubt it, help. I knowit wont come off. I said i could manage £400 a month until it is paid. But I doubt if owner will go for that.

29/03/2013 at 14:20

Hi All,

I have just had a reply from Cyprus yatch brokers.

He said don't get a loan as there are plenty of boats for sale there.

But it will cost me £50 a month for storage on the ground (not in the water).

I will be saving hard from now on.

Gosh, this turns my life on its head.

29/03/2013 at 14:58

Hi All,

I remember some time ago,on one of the rare occassions watching a follow up of Dragons Den.

One of them said, that during a recession is the perfect time to invesst in a business.

Although Cyprus is in a mess like a lot of EU countries, people will eventually want totake holidays once again there.

I have to do something with the money I have now. I have accepted that no one is going to take me on for work, so I will have too find some way of doing something on my own.

This is a possible way medoing that something, I'm scared but what other choice do Ihave?

Any suggestions?

Hope your all okay?

29/03/2013 at 17:45

Hi All,

That boat is not even for sale, even though he made the suggestion lol/

Hope all okay.

30/03/2013 at 08:14

Sorry if I misled you guys.  The run is today - monthly handicap at Trent Park.  Will be happy just to get round this time - I've not run much recently but am hoping that the rest will have done my knee some good.

Son's job came to an end yesterday.  The guy basically told him that he needed a salesman and as that wasn't what my son wanted to do there's no room for him.  Back to the jobcentre on Tuesday to try and sort that whole pickle out.

30/03/2013 at 08:33

It was me Trigger not you, spent yesterday thinking it was Saturday!!  Good luck with it today anyway, hope the weather is better than here as it keeps trying to snow

Sinbad, I really think that you need to put all your effort into your On Trak thing for the time being, rather than thinking of investing in a business or moving abroad.  Stopping drinking is very draining, it takes a lot of effort and hard work and there is not much room for anything else at the begining.  I struggled a lot with just getting through the day at work when I stopped and I was lucky that I organise my own workload and my boss is not a task master so I got away with being rather slack at work.  I'm not saying you shouldn't do any of these things, and your experience will be different from mine, but from speaking to others most find it very difficult to start with and I just think it would be far more beneficial to wait until you are sure of where you are with your drinking first.  Yes, have goals and things you want to do in the future, but for the time being take it one step at a time and don't try and take on too much at once as not being able to complete things makes it much harder to stay off the booze. 

30/03/2013 at 09:29

Trigger, hope the run goes ok.  That really is bad re your son's job.  They really mucked him about.  Hope he can get something sorted at the job centre.

Well put TST.

Sinbad, I agree with TST, sort things out with On Trak first and then think about the boat.  Otherwise it is too much to take in.

30/03/2013 at 11:30

Just back!  Waiting for official results but I think I was 40 seconds faster than last month.

Thanks for the kind words Cinders - not what my son needed at the moment.  Just trying to keep his self esteem from hitting rock bottom again.

Good luck TST.  The race here finished in a snow flurry.

Off out shortly to buy the lamb for tomorrow (ASDA didn't deliver!) and then plan to put my feet up and read this afternoon.

Hope you're ok today Sinbad.  I agree with the others in their advice not to rush into anything at the moment.  Am biased about Cyprus though - off out there in July for 2 weeks holiday.

31/03/2013 at 09:20
Happy Birthday yeo!! I hope you're doubling up on the chocolate with an Easter Birthday!
31/03/2013 at 09:26

Happy Easter everyone - let the chocfest begin!

31/03/2013 at 15:26

Happy Birthday Yeo

Little C has mostly eaten choccolate today

31/03/2013 at 16:46

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that about your sun trigger2, hope you got out for your run.

Thanks for that TST,I have already turned the boat down. I wasout Saturday again, I really need  to finish my present boat first, I hoping that will be this season. I'm also hoping to save up for another boat by the end oof this season (end of september I think, I've forgot as I go when I feel its  warm enough). I would sell the one I have. Hopefully this second boat won't need tol much work on it.

Agreed Cinder's, already done.

Trigger2 I hope to try and just run and concentrate on the boat, she's so close to being finished. Enjoy getting the lamb for Monday.

Hi Apparition.

Happy birthday Yeo, I can't see your poot Yeo. Can anyone tell me where  it is? I looked in previous page and its not there.

Happy Easter all

Crumb's Cinder's how many has little C gone through?

Hope all okay.

I must admit since my abuse stopped at 16, thats really when idrinking got a hold on me, my abuser (father) left home. For me I live my life as my CPN and  now myself feel I live my life in Chaios. Its mentally and physically exhausting.

If I  can save up over the summer I may have about £5,000 saved. If the worst coomes to the worst. That would be enough  to buy a fiber glass canal boat, then put fixings and extras in.

Your all right about concentrating on Booze, I ust feel I could do more sometimes, the when its too late, realise I've taken on too much.

|Enjoy alll.

31/03/2013 at 16:49

Happy Birthday Yeo!

We've been to an open day today at a local cat sanctuary - bought some tombola tickets and won some Easter eggs!!  Did quite well on the tombolas actually, we got some lambswool mens socks, a big bottle of Avon bubble bath, a Rolo and a Crunchie Easter egg and some little easter eggs!  And we've now scoffed them all   Now have to spend the next couple of hours sorting out Mr TSTs job description etc for the meeting at his work on Tuesday   Oh well, time spent now hopefully means a pay rise when it's all done.  

Oh and I managed a 6.5 mile walk yesterday!   Took longer than I would have liked but the friend that came with me ambled along a bit when I would have gone faster, but that's probably best in the long run.  No problems on the walk, after it or today so am really pleased about that and feeling more confident about the VLM

31/03/2013 at 18:48

Hi All,

TST glad you feel confident about the VLM. I hope it goes well with your husbaands work problem to. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself today.

I can't see when Yeo last posted, could it be missing from me so I can read it? I hope I have not upset her?

I'm going crazy for boats lol. there is a 32ft long keel up for sail, ready to live on and sail for £2000. Its on the hard in Gibrlta, and has been sailed over from the USA. It just needs a lick of paint and varnish.

I wont buy it though, even though I would sail her to UK. I would struggle with finding a berth for her size.

There will be other deals like this one but in UK. If you like Im trying to keep an eye on the market, to see what potentially s out there.

Enjoy the bank holiday people.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.