Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

30,721 to 30,740 of 31,581 messages
20/07/2013 at 21:23

Hi All,

Good luck ith your run tommorow trigger2.

EDI did you say you had a run to?

Hope all okay?

21/07/2013 at 07:47

Morning!  Thanks Sinbad - watch out for the race on tv as Paula Radcliffe is now running!

Good luck TST - keep chipping away at it and you'll be fine!

21/07/2013 at 09:10

Morning.

Have a good run trigger

21/07/2013 at 13:31

Hi All,

What channel? 

21/07/2013 at 18:09

Probably be on the news at some stage today Sinbad - she was in the front line with Sporty Spica and Victoria Pembleton.

Managed to get round in 48:33 for the 5 miles and my target time was 50 so happy with that - freakily my bib number was 4829 so almost matched that!  The course wasn't all that great - the whole place is a huge building site at the moment but we did run around the velodrome and I finished on the Olympic track.  The course was also quite narrow in places - no more than 5 abreast and a lot of elbows in play.

Hope you're all enjoying the fabulous weather.  It's only one degree cooler here than it is in Cyprus and I'm heading off there on Wednesday.

21/07/2013 at 19:17

Well done Trigger  Good time too

Lol at the weather.  We've had a cool sea mist rolling down the road all day.

Not minded though as little C been in his first show for the theatre school doing his street dancing so we've been indoors.

Enjoy Cyprus...we are off to Spain on Friday 

23/07/2013 at 14:56

Hi All,

Glad you got in under your time trigger2.

Wow your botth off on holiday, enjoy the holiday both of you.

I been realising what I been doing regarding my running. I noticed I was only running to get fit enough then going to the pub inbetween. Since then, a couple of weeks ago, I have not run, I miss it. So i hope to start again by the end of this wee.

I hope your little c does well with the dancing Cinder's.

I hope Wednesday night to a pre-8 week course, one you may want to do before following the de tox program. That depends on my new cash card arriving. Thursday, I hope to go to a life coaching group. Both depends, on my cash card arriving, and I manage to go, i never realised it would be to stop, and go to groups.

I'm going to have another go training for the Manchester marathon, and try and follow the Hal Higdon 30 week training schedule.

Hope youal all okay, it seems quiet in this thread at the minute.

24/07/2013 at 12:09

Hi All,

I'm in the pub, and I'm having a soft drink, then the dreaded weekly shop.

I'm hoping to back on the roads Thursday.

I hope all are okay, and are about to or are enjoying their holiday.

24/07/2013 at 15:49

Hope you got the shopping done ok sinbad

Just about to start packing....

25/07/2013 at 14:08

Hi All,

Enjoy your holiday both of you.

Shopping completed, no run today, I just felt tired.

I will try again Friday morning.

My 10.1 inch been playing up on me again, and has to go back, this is the 4th or 5th time. But I will keep trying with it.

I'm torn between following a marathon training program, or just enjoy the 5k at the moment, watch this space.

That was a good time you did trigger2, and what a memory you had. All I saw was Paula Radcliff at the beginning on TV.

Enjoy your holiday both of you.

02/08/2013 at 18:07

Evening, back home today, great hol though

05/08/2013 at 15:48

Oh my, where is everyone?!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/smilietumbleweed_0.gif?width=350

Glad you had a nice holiday Cinders, where did you go?  We were down your neck of the woods last week!  Mr TST's knee played up so we didn't do as much as we wanted, but we did take Boris (my brothers dog which we were looking after for the week) to the beach for a little swim and out for a walk in the woods   Apart from that we just sat around, watched the telly, ate too much junk and looked after the chickens and cats! 

Got my first counselling session today for the depression.  Bit scared but I know I need to do this to get myself sorted as it's all the stuff floating around in my head that's got me stalled so I can't move forwards.  I only get 8 sessions and I'm guessing the first one will be mainly admin stuff, so going to have to make the most of them. 

Also going back to running club on Wednesday   Am terrified of that as I've lost all my fitness really over the time I've been injured and the extra weight is making it hard to get it back.  Not even sure if I'll be able to do the whole session but I'm going to go and do my best; can't ask any more of myself than that really!

05/08/2013 at 17:13

Hi All,

TST from my counselling experience etc. They seem to start of with 8 may be 10 sessions then go on from there, if you both feel its needed. Discuss your worries with the counsellor TST, don't bottle things up. Thats what there their for to listen.

I'm sure you will be okay with the club running also TST.

I have not been running for about 2 months now, and it shows. I have had to wait in and return this dam tablet pc at least 5 times now, I haven't even been able to get to my boat.

The manchester marathon entry forms have come online, but again this year it doesn't include a half marathon, just in case I needed to come down a peg or two.

Any suggestions for up North Marathons that include a half Marathon?

My internet is being turned off on the 28th Aug as well, so its the Wi Fi and libraries for some time now.

TST agreed, you may just surprise yourself. Keep us informed.

I see the Alcohol Dr on the 15th August, crunch day for me to decide do I go on the meds or not.

Is everyone else okay?

Hope all Okay

05/08/2013 at 20:23

Whereabouts were you TST?  Seem to remember you mentioning Canterbury? Which beach did you go to?  Hope all goes ok with the counselling and also for your return to running club.

sinbad, how come your internet is going off?  Hope all goes ok for you too re the Alcohol Dr

06/08/2013 at 14:43

Afternoon everyone.  Counselling is 8 sessions Sinbad, with the extra 2 if she can talk her boss into it.  There is no option to get any more as the NHS farm it out to a charity (MIND) and that's all they will allow you.  I can understand that as I've waited long enough to get these and restricting the amount of sessions means they can see more people.  I'm not sure what happens if I get to the end of the sessions and still need help though.  Yesterday was good though and we talked over a lot of stuff.  She said it was good I'd had the alcohol counselling and worked with the dietician and the behavioural therapist previously as it means I have a good idea of what is wrong (rather than having to spend all the sessions working that out) and now we just need to deal with it.  She said some very intersting stuff and although most of my addiction issues stem from the 'trauma' I went through when I was a teenager, it would appear that my binge eating disorder has been around since I was little.  She has done a lot of work with eating disorders, so I think I've been fortunate to get a counsellor I'm going to be able to work well with.

Can't help you with the half marathons Sinbad, when were you thinking of doing it?  Might it not be better to aim for a 10k first if you've not run for a couple of months?

Hope things go well on 15th.  Presumably they will talk all the options through with you and help you make an informed choice about what's best for you.

We were in Canterbury Cinders   We went to the beach at Reculver, where the Roman fort thing is, as you can take the dogs on the beach there and let them off the lead.  As you can see, Boris absolutely loved it, especially after Mr TST found a stick to throw into the sea for him to chase after!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/wp_000523_(small).jpg?width=350

06/08/2013 at 18:28

Counsellor sounds very helpful TST Useful that she has experience in the area you need.

Boris looked like he was having a whale of a time.  We can see Reculver Towers from the beach at Margate so you weren't too far away  

Got up and did a morning run this morning (well a wee plod) as I've been struggling with the heat and energy, it seemed to go ok so will try some more!

07/08/2013 at 13:55

Afternoon everyone

The eating disorder is really just an external symptom of what's going on in my head, same as the drinking and drugs where, although it's been going on the longest and is the hardest to tackle as you can't quit eating!  She seems really nice though and I felt comfortable with her straight away which is good.

If Mr TST hadn't knackered his knee I would have tried to catch up with you and SL while we were down there, but obviously it was not to be this time.

Well done on the run this morning, I find it's a nice time to go out at the moment as it's a lot cooler then.  Got running club tonight, feel a bit scared.com!  Mr TST is going to do a bit of shopping and then come and check how I'm doing in case I can't manage the full hour.  If I'm ok then he will go and wait in the pub across the road for me.  Reckon I may hurt a bit tomorrow!

07/08/2013 at 14:27

Hi, I too have been through this, infact I have just posted this blog, you may want to read? It's up to you lt me know what you think if you do! Good luck with the quest, it's well worth it. Positive and encouraging people with great attitudes is all I have found with runners

http://hflovett.thoughts.com/posts/a-running-intervention

thanks ang good luck Hugh

07/08/2013 at 15:17

Hi All,

TST towards the end, if you need etrax support, ask about mindfulnes 6 month group sessions. They really helped me long turn with short blips as I go along like you all know.

TST it makes sense to work twards the 10k for next year.Remembering what you said abut it can take a couple of years, just to start to get into some form form of training. 

Cinder's i'm so pleased at you being by the coast. Perhas it culd be something you can plan to meet each other at some stage. Sorrto hear about one of your husbands knee, hope it heals okay.

I have managed to get a place on the Day Skippers theory class in scarborough over the winter months. It will be interesting to see what its likeout of season.I was planning on selling her, but i refuse to let locals push me out., from soething i enjoy.

HL, from time to time we get people asking us to look at their blogs. Perhaps it may be idea for you to get to know the regulars in here frst, before advertising your own blog?

One bad thing about living in countryside, is that you get the smell of the farmers, ploughing their fields with fertilisers, yuk.Ow what joy.

Hopee all are okay

Ow I normally get drunk on a wed, I have just had five. I norally have 10 pints plus by this time.

Tablet back, and working fine so far.

08/08/2013 at 13:43

Not sure that farmers plough their fields with fertilisers but I think I know what you mean!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.