Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

15,421 to 15,440 of 31,662 messages
26/09/2006 at 11:24
Hi everyone, I wish you a speedy recovery Egg. I've just been reading the post back.I had a good 6 mile run with the club last night I really enjoyed it.
Leighton hang in there you are doing briliant.
I have good days and bad Sunday was a bad one went to bed at 10.30pm still awake at 6.30am. I just could not sleep so I was knackered yesterday after my run. Took a sleeping pill though just to make sure. The sleeping problem does get me down apart from that I'm doing alot better than I was. I had a concert with the band on Saturday really enjoyed it and I could concentrate on the music. My concentration as been rubbish over the last months.
I've finished the book I've been on for months so gradually things are looking up.
Got to go doctors tomorrow he wants to check me on a regular basis.
I've been good no booze keeping clear for the time being.
I hope everyone has a good day off to get some jobs done!!
26/09/2006 at 11:34
Morning all, hope everyone is doing ok.

Leighton, you're doing really well, stay focused.

Elle, is this your first mara?

Egg, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Question about sleep....this is now my 2nd good week re booze (bar the Friday hiccup) and still my sleeping's all over the place and I'm feeling too tired to run at the mo. What sort of timescale would you expect sleep to become a bit more normal?

26/09/2006 at 11:35
Morning guys. Thanks again for all your support last night and this morning, it was very nice of you. I'm feeling a bit more up today mentally, but still feel shattered and lacking energy physically.

No nightmares last night, that I am aware of.

Chubbz, great to read that you are doing well.

26/09/2006 at 12:20
How weird leighton - you must have passed them onto me!!LOL.. I had a real nasty one around 3am that involved a nasty neighbour I used to live next to coming into this house to murder me.. very very scary and cos you wake up then you cant sleep!

I agree with everyone else.. low's are low's - reach out if you can and just take it as it goes.. it's all about small steps ahead.. is good you feel a bit brighter today

Thanks for all your thoughts gang - I'm doing ok today.. taking things very easy - I have to watch myself for pushing too hard too soon.. already been pissing about lifting shopping etc - BAD Girl!!
26/09/2006 at 12:22
Chubbz - seems like your working in the right direction to me.. same thing - all about small steps ahead and just taking the advice given... it's really good your working with the DR's now.. I'm sure there are frustartions but it's a good thing in the long run

((chubbz))

Oh and cos he's not had one for a while tickle tickle tickle to Leighton - I know that makes him laugh!!
26/09/2006 at 12:24
Egg, moved in to the temp accommo on the 15th, just before my half. The plan is we will complete and move in to our final destination early December, in time for Christmas.

Moving again, what fun! Good to have something to look forward to.
26/09/2006 at 12:30
lol to egg!

Dio, so that will mean a christmas/housewarming party then?
26/09/2006 at 12:43
Cinders - I guess everyone is different, but I am on week 3 now and, on the whole, my sleeping is much much better - I even woke up the other night and thought "oh no Mr C is snoring" and promptly went straight back to sleep - when I was drinking I would have lain awake for hours having murderous thoughts and getting stressy. I do hope your sleeping improves soon - its so rotten feeling so tired - I remember vividly that exhausted sick feeling...ugh
26/09/2006 at 12:50
Chubbz, sounds like you are doing great, and Leighton - glad to hear you are feeling a bit more up today.

Dio, we are in temporary accommodation too - final destination uncertain as yet, but we really need to sort it out within the next four months or so - moving again - as you say - what fun! - Hopefully next time I will be more relaxed about it.
26/09/2006 at 13:41
Sleeping is a problem for alot of people, when I was drinking I drunk till I could'nt drink no more. Mainly to go to sleep, but it was'nt good sleep. Then the next problem was coping with the hangovers in the morning.
I would like more sleep but I'm not going to drink anymore to get some.
I love waking up with no hangovers now.
And not spending my time with my head over the toilet retching my guts up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just going to sleep when I can I know it will eventually improve and its hard going sometimes when I'm exhausted.
Going to get some washing on the line.
Does anyone know how hilly the Leicester Half is?
I've entered it now its on the 15th October I think got my race number yesterday.
26/09/2006 at 13:48
Leighton,
Don't let anyone pressure you into names for your baby.
Me and my husband had people trying to tell us what name.
We had a couple and then waited until the baby came then when we had saw the baby.
We choose the name that suited sounds a bit strange but thats how we decided.
Although when my daughter was born I had the deciding vote as it was me that actually had to endure the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its going to be a very special time one of the magical moments in life so make the most of it.
They grow up so fast my daughter the youngest is 13 on Friday.
Soon I will be a granny:)
Oh I feel really old now:(
26/09/2006 at 15:11
Good to hear that your sleep is getting better Crystal.. you should start to notice lot's improve as the time goes on

Chubbz... my last hangover was bad but I know I had some worse than that that still didnt stop me drinking!! It's good to find the positive though - I cant imagine ever making myself that ill again!

Granny eh!! Have you got you knitting skills started!!
26/09/2006 at 15:18
What's really odd but nice is that in the last 2 weeks things between MrC and I seem so much nicer. He never knew the full extent of my drinking as I hid a lot from him but things just feel different. Maybe he did know but never said anything.

I can't imagine making myself that ill again so trying very hard not to fall off me wagon again!
26/09/2006 at 15:28
Cinders - theres no substitute for a happier relationship - I'm really glad for you.

26/09/2006 at 15:33
You never can tell Cinders but my guess is that as time goes on you might find yourselves talking about it and in a positive way. Is very emotive to talk about it specially when you are still drinking

Nice one!!
27/09/2006 at 08:02
Morning all, hope everyone's ok today.

How are you Leighton?

Had this dream last night that MrC was early home from work and I was rushing round the house to hide bottles. Was nice to wake up and find it not true!
27/09/2006 at 08:45
Morning Leighton,
I was thinking about you last night and remembering you used to be heavily involved in your local running club last year. That seemed to be a real positive in your life both in terms of the satisfaction you were getting from what you put in and the benefits it was having on your running performance. Are you still involved? If not might it be something worth picking up again now?

Secondly, and you can tell me to mind my own business if you don't want to answer this on the forum, but I wondered how your wife was coping with things, especially given her condition?

Finally, did anyone see the Stephen Fry programmes about bipolar disorder over the last two weeks? Very interesting stuff.
27/09/2006 at 11:11
Morning all.

Dio - I saw last week's programme but missed it last night unfortunately - what I did see was very interesting.

Eggs - how are you doing? I'd like to think you were taking it easy but somehow I doubt it! *stern look* :)

Cinders - glad to hear things are good between you and Mr C - it's great when you notice benefits like that. Has your sleep improved at all? And it's my second marathon - I was injured for the first one but did it anyway because off all the sponsorship money, so this does kind of feel like my first in a way.

Leighton - how's it going today?

chubbz - sounds like you're making good progress. And I love the 'no hangover' thing as well, although sometimes I wake up feeling all groggy, think it's a hangover and then remember that I *didn't* drink!

How's everyone else doing?

I've been a bit fed up over the last few days and work really isn't helping, but I went for a run last night - really, really didn't want to go but it completely transformed my mood. Had a lovely relaxing evening after that and am feeling a lot more positive today.

27/09/2006 at 15:11
pmsl Elle... honestly I am being good!!! I've had a right funny day today - making myself laugh really

3am -ping- wide awake.. snoozed till 4am and then thought sod it.. so gor up and got breakky and went back to bed and watched Shirley Valentine!! Zonked out again at 6am till Lorraine Kelly time and then watched Jeremy and Trisha.. honest I will be bloody addicted to them by the end of this!! hee hee

Also had a "how to get the washing downstairs" debate with myself.. cant carry the basket as it too heavy.. knew I wouldnt be able to get the stuff back upstairs wet either.. LOL.. so had to engineer a way to get it all downstairs.. like a miletary operation!! That took about half an hour!!

I'm trying to get some sort of order to my days, not oevr doing stuff but doing 2-3 things a day and making sure I phone someone everyday.. if I get withdrawn that will do my head in.

Seems to work well it's already 3pm and Pants is on his way soon so I am going to doddle about making something for tea and then it'll be chill time

Tea is fun.. have to do half and half job cos I cant lift heavy pans!!

When's Abingdon.. useless arnt I! Keep forgetting!!!
27/09/2006 at 16:26
Eggs, tis Oct 22nd if I remember, I had to pull out of it.

So how did you organise the washing to go up and down the stairs? Got this image of baskets and bits of rope!
15,421 to 15,440 of 31,662 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.