Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

15,421 to 15,440 of 31,277 messages
25/09/2006 at 23:19
Apps, thanks for the mail, you have mail! lol.
25/09/2006 at 23:20
Leights
f---------------ing hell
DO NOT let them pressurise you
are you in a union
25/09/2006 at 23:22
No, I don't believe in the way the union operates where I work. Think I might try and pay a visit to CAB this week, or find one of those solicitors that gives you a free half hour consulatation so I can find out where I stand.
25/09/2006 at 23:24
good idea
the anti deps thread may help too
26/09/2006 at 08:59
Leighton. You've got a lot on your plate right now and you are dealing with it without alcohol. That's a massive achievement. Not one I've managed. I hope you can get a few of these stumbling blocks out of the way soon so you can start to truly enjoy the benefits of the huge steps you have taken. Don't worry about the name - it's down to you and everyone else will just have to get used to it. It's also entirely possible that you will have changed your mind once or twice before the birth.

Elle and all you other Abingdon Marathoners - you must be getting excited and nervous now. I wish I was doing one. I get excited just about the idea of doing one.

How are the boobs Egg?

26/09/2006 at 10:51
Morning all.. lost the plot so will have to read back

Yesterday I had a migrain that started at 10am and carried on all day and night drifting off at 5am.. bloody horrible..the full works!!

So I was really feeling sorry for myself but am much brighter now

Dio - boobs are doing ok, I had a wibble yesterday because they swelled up a bit the last couple of days, that was an awful awful feeling.. felt like they were coming back!! But surgeon assures meit's just swelling and that all is ok

I'm finding that I feel more whacked than pain.. just have to move around carefulish and rest loads

But they are looking good and I have to get to work now on my matra "I look great!"... because my figure now is as it should be which is pretty amazing and something I will have to get used to admiring myself rather than hating and being nagative about myself

So leighton - what's going on with work then?

Dio - have you moved in yet? The general's affected my brain cells and cant rememeber!!!
26/09/2006 at 11:03
Hi all,

Leighton, wish I could help you out too - must be so hard coping with everything you have on your plate right now, no wonder you have little energy!! You are doing great, everyone is right - look after yourself first of all, giving up alcohol may not be the end to all your problems, but surely it is better than having the other problems and drinking too? Things just have to begin improving for you soon. Hope you can get some helpful advice from CAB re your work.
26/09/2006 at 11:06
Morning Egglett, sorry to hear you have been feeling crummy, hope today is more comfortable, and try and enjoy resting!
26/09/2006 at 11:17
Elle, you must be really excited about the marathon, even if you are a bit nervous, it sounds like you have prepared really well. Good luck to you and anyone else training to race at the moment - I am in awe of you all.
26/09/2006 at 11:24
Hi everyone, I wish you a speedy recovery Egg. I've just been reading the post back.I had a good 6 mile run with the club last night I really enjoyed it.
Leighton hang in there you are doing briliant.
I have good days and bad Sunday was a bad one went to bed at 10.30pm still awake at 6.30am. I just could not sleep so I was knackered yesterday after my run. Took a sleeping pill though just to make sure. The sleeping problem does get me down apart from that I'm doing alot better than I was. I had a concert with the band on Saturday really enjoyed it and I could concentrate on the music. My concentration as been rubbish over the last months.
I've finished the book I've been on for months so gradually things are looking up.
Got to go doctors tomorrow he wants to check me on a regular basis.
I've been good no booze keeping clear for the time being.
I hope everyone has a good day off to get some jobs done!!
26/09/2006 at 11:34
Morning all, hope everyone is doing ok.

Leighton, you're doing really well, stay focused.

Elle, is this your first mara?

Egg, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Question about sleep....this is now my 2nd good week re booze (bar the Friday hiccup) and still my sleeping's all over the place and I'm feeling too tired to run at the mo. What sort of timescale would you expect sleep to become a bit more normal?

26/09/2006 at 11:35
Morning guys. Thanks again for all your support last night and this morning, it was very nice of you. I'm feeling a bit more up today mentally, but still feel shattered and lacking energy physically.

No nightmares last night, that I am aware of.

Chubbz, great to read that you are doing well.

26/09/2006 at 12:20
How weird leighton - you must have passed them onto me!!LOL.. I had a real nasty one around 3am that involved a nasty neighbour I used to live next to coming into this house to murder me.. very very scary and cos you wake up then you cant sleep!

I agree with everyone else.. low's are low's - reach out if you can and just take it as it goes.. it's all about small steps ahead.. is good you feel a bit brighter today

Thanks for all your thoughts gang - I'm doing ok today.. taking things very easy - I have to watch myself for pushing too hard too soon.. already been pissing about lifting shopping etc - BAD Girl!!
26/09/2006 at 12:22
Chubbz - seems like your working in the right direction to me.. same thing - all about small steps ahead and just taking the advice given... it's really good your working with the DR's now.. I'm sure there are frustartions but it's a good thing in the long run

((chubbz))

Oh and cos he's not had one for a while tickle tickle tickle to Leighton - I know that makes him laugh!!
26/09/2006 at 12:24
Egg, moved in to the temp accommo on the 15th, just before my half. The plan is we will complete and move in to our final destination early December, in time for Christmas.

Moving again, what fun! Good to have something to look forward to.
26/09/2006 at 12:30
lol to egg!

Dio, so that will mean a christmas/housewarming party then?
26/09/2006 at 12:43
Cinders - I guess everyone is different, but I am on week 3 now and, on the whole, my sleeping is much much better - I even woke up the other night and thought "oh no Mr C is snoring" and promptly went straight back to sleep - when I was drinking I would have lain awake for hours having murderous thoughts and getting stressy. I do hope your sleeping improves soon - its so rotten feeling so tired - I remember vividly that exhausted sick feeling...ugh
26/09/2006 at 12:50
Chubbz, sounds like you are doing great, and Leighton - glad to hear you are feeling a bit more up today.

Dio, we are in temporary accommodation too - final destination uncertain as yet, but we really need to sort it out within the next four months or so - moving again - as you say - what fun! - Hopefully next time I will be more relaxed about it.
26/09/2006 at 13:41
Sleeping is a problem for alot of people, when I was drinking I drunk till I could'nt drink no more. Mainly to go to sleep, but it was'nt good sleep. Then the next problem was coping with the hangovers in the morning.
I would like more sleep but I'm not going to drink anymore to get some.
I love waking up with no hangovers now.
And not spending my time with my head over the toilet retching my guts up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just going to sleep when I can I know it will eventually improve and its hard going sometimes when I'm exhausted.
Going to get some washing on the line.
Does anyone know how hilly the Leicester Half is?
I've entered it now its on the 15th October I think got my race number yesterday.
26/09/2006 at 13:48
Leighton,
Don't let anyone pressure you into names for your baby.
Me and my husband had people trying to tell us what name.
We had a couple and then waited until the baby came then when we had saw the baby.
We choose the name that suited sounds a bit strange but thats how we decided.
Although when my daughter was born I had the deciding vote as it was me that actually had to endure the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its going to be a very special time one of the magical moments in life so make the most of it.
They grow up so fast my daughter the youngest is 13 on Friday.
Soon I will be a granny:)
Oh I feel really old now:(
15,421 to 15,440 of 31,277 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.