Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

15,461 to 15,480 of 31,661 messages
28/09/2006 at 19:16
Thanks Cinders. Was very worrying. Sitting there, telling her it will be ok, but with a million worries going through my mind. Then, after it was all proved to be ok, trying to convince her it was ok, and that she wasn't stupid for worrying and rushing to the hospital. Treating her to Dominos Pizza and ice cream as a pick me up!!!

28/09/2006 at 19:17
popping in briefly to breathe sigh of relief for the leighton clan
28/09/2006 at 19:19
Thanks Hipps.

How are you tonight?
28/09/2006 at 19:23
tired
but ok thanks
28/09/2006 at 19:39
Ahh Leighton - that's really tough.. bet she was well stressed out!! Is a good thing that you turned up as she was going.. much nicer for her to share that with you - I bet she's been holding that in a few days?

Glad everything's ok.. is a good starting point for making sure she knows to tell you though init.. ahh.. that must have been tough
28/09/2006 at 19:41
Goodness Leighton, what an afternoon you have had, thank goodness all is well - you must both have been terrified and then so relieved to hear the heartbeat. I trust Mrs L no longer feels silly for worrying; its perfectly understandable, hope the pizza and ice cream work their magic.
Sounds ideal about the running - knowing you can put it back a week or two takes the pressure off a bit.

Cake actually turned out pretty well, so I'm quite relieved, the birthday girl has gone to meet her boyfriend, I hope he walks her back as I've just noticed its pitch dark outside.
28/09/2006 at 19:44
aw Crystaltips

sweet 17
28/09/2006 at 20:03
i know, what will I be like when she is driving

how goes it with you Plodding Hippo?
28/09/2006 at 20:04
booze wise
thumbs down

otherwise ok
28/09/2006 at 20:17
do you have a long-term aim booze-wise Plodding Hippo? (if you don't mind me asking).
28/09/2006 at 20:17
Hi Gang, the pizza seems to have worked. Now Mrs L is out walking our german shepherd, while me and the doberman/rottweiler finish off the pizza. Mrs L says she just wanted to walk round the block and get some air.

Crystaltips, did you r daughter like her cake? I love cake, especially victoria sponge cake.

Hipps, how are you? Have you been to any CBT group classes? If so, what did you make of them? I found yesterday interesting, but I still feel that I don't know where I am going, if that makes sense?
28/09/2006 at 20:26
Yes thanks Leighton, she liked the cake - it was a sponge (Delia Smith all-in-one style) and I put strawberries and cream in the middle - so theres not much left now!! I don't bake often, since the advent of all this healthy eating malarkey, I actually had to buy new flour - we managed to move house with stuff that expired 18 months ago!! She is now back safely too, so I can stop clucking....You have all this to come - I can't believe parents worry less about boys than girls when it comes to being out on their own.
28/09/2006 at 20:30
lol crystaltips, my mum said boys go out and cause trouble, while girls bring it home?
28/09/2006 at 20:34
hi again

leighton-i had one to one therpay, which I am paying for myself-that way it isnt on my records(very sad it has to be that way, but ive enough disadvantages being female in this careeer)

Crystaltips

hm
good question

I keep saying i should not be on this thread other than as a dire warning of what not to do
I know i havea problem

hm, maybe i DONT have a goal

i orf to think
28/09/2006 at 21:58
Hi Hipps, you should be on this thread, you offer lots of helpful advice and support, which we are all extremely greatful for.

Sorry, to read that you have to fund your own treatment so as not to have it show on your records, that is so wrong that you a made to feel that way.

28/09/2006 at 22:18
Evening

Hope everyone's OK - I've been really busy at work am am knackered!

Leighton - have to say that my heart sank when I read the start of your post about Mrs L and baby - I'm so pleased there wasn't a problem.

28/09/2006 at 22:32
Hi Apps, and thanks.

Apart from being knackered, how are you this evening?
28/09/2006 at 22:45
No complaints Leighton, thanks for asking.

Did another 4 miles tonight but the shin grumbled a bit - don't envisage any long running in the forseeable future but I've been icing and am currently looking at a shin splint compression sleeve on Wiggle and wondering if it's worth a go at £30. Cheap...that's what the told me about this running malarkey!!!

I'm so pleased you got out today - well done mate!

Of course, our freindship is on hold tomorrow night as your boys host the mighty Ipswich...
28/09/2006 at 22:48
lol to tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see what the match is like tomorrow.

Good to read that you got out for a run tonight, sorry to read that your shin is playing up though. Have you seen anyone about it yet? If not, would the £30 be better spent seeing a physio?
yeo
28/09/2006 at 22:53
evening

LOL at the rivalry between the two lesser East Anglian teams (says he who doesn't give a tupenny sh!te about football - and would support Palace if he did)

can I join in the collective sigh of relief Leighton?
15,461 to 15,480 of 31,661 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.