Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

15,461 to 15,480 of 31,389 messages
28/09/2006 at 13:10
Hi gang!

Egg, hope your trip to the Dr went ok?

I managed to drive to a quite country footpath, and ran for just over 25 minutes, covering 2.6 miles. It felt hard on the legs, the pace felt incredibly slow, and the heart rate was higher than I would have liked, but it felt great to be out there again! Now, to go look at beginners training plans, and find a target race!

Hope you're all ok? Oh, and thanks again for the support this week, it really did help, and meant a lot to me.
28/09/2006 at 14:07
Cinders - weird init - when you start being "good" lurgy seems to hit every time!! Just think of it as the bad coming out

Great news that Leighton.. main thing is you went and it's brill that you enjoyed it to.. good for you!!

Dr's was very reassuing.. have had a couple of odd pains and itchy boobies too.. very uncomfy.. but is all part of the healing! She said all's ok and signed me off for 4 weeks.. that feels nice because now I know I can just chill out and rest up fully

Weight was good as well.. 10st 12 again.. havent been that weight since July.. felt nice to know I lost some. Thikn I can get my eating on a good pattern while I am off.. managing to work at eating well - is easy for me to slip into bad food and I know at the minute that will just make me feel worse if I get low days

28/09/2006 at 15:00
Hello everyone,
Its great to hear you have been for a run Leighton:)
Feeling a bit low today don't know why. The night before last only managed to get about an hours sleep so I went around yesterday feeling really tired. Went to bed last night quite early fell asleep quite easily and I did not wake up till 12 noon today. But i feel worse now. Going to pick my daughter up from school shes going to France with the school at midnight tonight. It will be nice for her as its her birthday tomorrow. Going to band tonight as well trying to get out as much as possible. Going to go with my son tomorrow for early morning run before he goes to school. I hope everyones ok today.
28/09/2006 at 15:17
Hiya Chubbz.. probably some effect of lack of sleep I should think.. see if you cant pull that round tonight

I found last week I shot my body clock to bits and it means your jusy permenantly tierd.. that dosnt help when you feel low

Sounds like you got stuff to be doing though - focus on enjoying the bits you do and then getting some quality rest
28/09/2006 at 15:21
Leighton thats great news about your run - obviously you are used to being faster, but hey, I'd have been really pleased to have done that, and you will soon get back to where you were, once you get in a routine with it. Let us know what your first race is gonna be!!

Glad the doc was reassuring Egglett, work hard on that resting up - good news about the weight too!

Hi Chubbz, sounds like you have lots going on, sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low. Looks like you are coping well though, I always feel a bit down when my children go away - event though I am happy for them.

Speaking of which, the birthday girl is due home any minute, better finish that cake.
28/09/2006 at 15:35
Hi gang,

Chubbz, hope you are ok today? I've found my sleep all over the place while not drinking, think it's the body sorting itself out, so hang in there.

Egg, great to read that things were ok for you at the Dr's.

Crystaltips, I think I might follow a beginners 5k plan and aim to race on 4th November at Bushy Park in London, luckily they have a 5k there every Saturday, so I can always put things back a week if I hit a bad patch.
28/09/2006 at 16:23
Crystaltips, cake sounds yum and hope your daughter has a nice birthday.

Can definitely agree with the sleeping, its all over the shop but gradually I'm forming a time when its ready for bed and not just when I crash out!

Leighton, I've got a 5miler on 5th Nov and have resorted to following a beginners prog too as I've missed a fair bit of running.

Happy plodding all.
28/09/2006 at 18:58
Cinders, I agree, the cake sounds nice!

Well, I took my dogs for a walk at half four, was driving back to my house when I saw my wife driving away from the house. She pulled over, and was in tears, she had not felt the baby move for a few days, so was on her way to see the midwife for a check as she thought she had lost the baby. Have to say it was the worst 20 minutes of my life sitting there waiting, but thankfully, everything is ok. I even heard his heart for the first time, sounded like a horse punding along!

Hope everyone is ok tonight?
28/09/2006 at 19:12
((((Leighton)))) So glad you, your wife and wee bump are ok, must have been so worrying.
28/09/2006 at 19:16
Thanks Cinders. Was very worrying. Sitting there, telling her it will be ok, but with a million worries going through my mind. Then, after it was all proved to be ok, trying to convince her it was ok, and that she wasn't stupid for worrying and rushing to the hospital. Treating her to Dominos Pizza and ice cream as a pick me up!!!

28/09/2006 at 19:17
popping in briefly to breathe sigh of relief for the leighton clan
28/09/2006 at 19:19
Thanks Hipps.

How are you tonight?
28/09/2006 at 19:23
tired
but ok thanks
28/09/2006 at 19:39
Ahh Leighton - that's really tough.. bet she was well stressed out!! Is a good thing that you turned up as she was going.. much nicer for her to share that with you - I bet she's been holding that in a few days?

Glad everything's ok.. is a good starting point for making sure she knows to tell you though init.. ahh.. that must have been tough
28/09/2006 at 19:41
Goodness Leighton, what an afternoon you have had, thank goodness all is well - you must both have been terrified and then so relieved to hear the heartbeat. I trust Mrs L no longer feels silly for worrying; its perfectly understandable, hope the pizza and ice cream work their magic.
Sounds ideal about the running - knowing you can put it back a week or two takes the pressure off a bit.

Cake actually turned out pretty well, so I'm quite relieved, the birthday girl has gone to meet her boyfriend, I hope he walks her back as I've just noticed its pitch dark outside.
28/09/2006 at 19:44
aw Crystaltips

sweet 17
28/09/2006 at 20:03
i know, what will I be like when she is driving

how goes it with you Plodding Hippo?
28/09/2006 at 20:04
booze wise
thumbs down

otherwise ok
28/09/2006 at 20:17
do you have a long-term aim booze-wise Plodding Hippo? (if you don't mind me asking).
28/09/2006 at 20:17
Hi Gang, the pizza seems to have worked. Now Mrs L is out walking our german shepherd, while me and the doberman/rottweiler finish off the pizza. Mrs L says she just wanted to walk round the block and get some air.

Crystaltips, did you r daughter like her cake? I love cake, especially victoria sponge cake.

Hipps, how are you? Have you been to any CBT group classes? If so, what did you make of them? I found yesterday interesting, but I still feel that I don't know where I am going, if that makes sense?
15,461 to 15,480 of 31,389 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.