GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

13,201 to 13,220 of 15,189 messages
26/09/2012 at 19:31

Evening All,

Mel - Regarding the shoes have you used the 8M/M heels before.  They do look cool, good running BTW.

I think B&T's got the race day plan sorted.

Longer Tempo run tonight smack on target - Back to the hills tomorrow night

27/09/2012 at 04:15

Yvonne wasn't going to run but ended up cycling to work to night i always go for a walk the day before to get the legs moving

B&T i happy with what ever time you and Yvonne come up with will be down there by 7.30 if past year are to go by but it really depends on the weather if it's chucking it down will leave a little later

27/09/2012 at 08:16

Toby - you do like to early, don't you! As you can see from my posts on the Brizzle thread I'm still sorting arrangements for Sunday I'll let you know when I'm sorted - I think I still have your phone number from when we met at Bath if I'm that late to get organised.

Hoping to pop out for an easy 3 miles today, but currently waiting for teh chimney sweep to arrive so who knows when that will be!

27/09/2012 at 10:24

Morning.

Just wondering that if I book a HM for 3rd March and if i do get in VLM - is this too soon of a gap?

thanks 

27/09/2012 at 11:03

Well ive been sent another VLM jacket and a SORRY  your not in ......So no winter marathon training for me...may seem weird as ive been pounding the streets for the last 3 winters training for Brighton Marathon.....may look into doing Bath half instead just to give me something to get off my arse for ....or take up the cycling thing now after the trilogy of halfs .....

27/09/2012 at 12:59

i to receive a sorry mag agian oh well there loss

Chappersuk no Tha'st fine i run the Brighton marathon the week before and have run the Bath H/M in April and used it as a training run and to get me fired up for the marathon

27/09/2012 at 21:47

Evening All,

Yep got the sorry magazine as well.

Any suggestions for a spring marathon?  Not Brighton too late.  Maybe Madchester.

10 Miles at ME (effort) tonight on quite an hilly course.  Rest day tomorrow.

28/09/2012 at 04:12

A/H there always Paris

28/09/2012 at 08:01

AH milton keynes were e mailing me yesterday places still available not a ballot either and edinburgh is open now although that fills up fast apparently like you say manchester and paris is 7th april....im not tempted by any gonna stick to my guns and have a winter of mild rest and look to see what spring halfs are about like bath ...silverstone looks fun though and was gonna do brighton half again but that coincides with kids half term and we have other plans for that week ..

Started packing my bag last night for my trip to bristol cant wait to catch up with mr and mrs toby...wrote my bits on the back of race number and my bag tag have packed safety pins...and ironed on my letters to spell mouse on back of my t shirt may put some bright ribbon in my hair too just so it makes it easier for toby to spot me...

Oh and ive lost another pound in weight its a steady loss from 9 stone 9 im now 9 stone 4 so im happy with that too ....as they say slow and steady win the race ...

Waves and big hellos to everyone

28/09/2012 at 10:10

Hi all

Another race to add to the list 2013 VLM 21st April 2013

No ballot place but have signed up with a charity called VICTA(Visually Impaired Children taking Action)who want a sponsorship of £1250 which includes a registration fee of £100.All the other charities I looked at wanted a minimum of £1500(some over £2000) plus the £100 fee on topSo not too daunted by this amount plus one of the children I look after has poor sight so wanted to help a charity that means something personal to me

Was always going to do it in 2013 as its the day after a rather big birthday next year so wanted to do something memorable to commerate a half century so its marathon training over the winter.My twin sister happy too as we can have a weekend of celebration in London together with our familiesShes quite happy with just me doing the running though!

have a good day all

28/09/2012 at 11:36

Sorry to hear about the 'no' mags received, and 'hooray' to Susie! Did I read that right - its the day *after* a significant birthday??? No birthday celebrating for you then! Congratulations! I didn't enter the ballot this year - didn't think the family would be able to stand another weekend like that. (although I have entered Brighton instead. Have told daughter we can go & try and find the Choccywoccydodah shop )

Yvonne - you sound like you're getting all ready for Sunday! I've filled in the back of my number, but still haven't sorted myself out. I've discovered the problems of race recovery / tapering at the same time - as ever I've got little niggles and don't know whether they're just due to pre-race nerves (and so should be ignored!) or post-race warning that I should be paying attention to! Had a bad back last night and thought I was out of it, but okay this morning (shouldn't have carried those 25K bags of salt!)

Still can't decided what to do about pacing for Sunday (again!) Should I go for an easy run after last week, or slightly faster than last week as its flatter & the weather WILL be better???? Decisions decisions!

I think we need to start a new race list, can't remember who's doing what when! So if I start with my races, can we all copy & paste it and add our own? Thank you!

28/09/2012 at 11:37

GULP Race List

30th September 2012 - Bristol Half - Lucy, Yvonne, Toby

25th November Castle Combe Chilly 10K - Lucy

14th April - Brighton Marathon - Lucy

Edited: 28/09/2012 at 11:55
28/09/2012 at 13:25

GULP Race List

7th October -Cricklade H/M- Toby,Yvonne

14th October-Swindon H/M-  Toby,Yvonne

25th Nonember-Boscombe-10k-Toby

14th April - Brighton Marathon - Lucy,Toby

Edited: 28/09/2012 at 13:27
28/09/2012 at 14:00

GULP Race List

7th October -Cricklade H/M- Toby,Yvonne

14th October-Swindon H/M-  Toby,Yvonne

25th November-Boscombe-10k-Toby

25th November-Clowne H/M-     Irish A

14th April - Brighton Marathon - Lucy,Toby

28/09/2012 at 15:43
toby3 wrote (see)

i to receive a sorry mag agian oh well there loss

Chappersuk no Tha'st fine i run the Brighton marathon the week before and have run the Bath H/M in April and used it as a training run and to get me fired up for the marathon

thanks 

28/09/2012 at 16:35

Thanks guys for adding me on the lists of runs

B and T im terrible at being organised too early i write lists of things to take and pack and do etc 2 weeks before the event so my nightmare does not come true of forgetting stuff....and i too am getting those ooohh i think my knee hurts and my hip is twinging and my back hurts niggles but im thinking its race nerves and apprehension and excitement i really really want that official under 2 hour mark and 1:55 or less would be magical   i will be going for it...

28/09/2012 at 17:23

Hi All,

Good luck to the Bristol three this week, time catches up on me so quick thought that it was next weekend.

Not going abroad this year Toby, looked at Manchester £50.00 just to run a marathon, think they having a laugh or am I tight.  Will have a look at MK but it doesn't inspire me. 

B&T - Only go for it if you feel you have fully recovered. which I would expect you have.  9:30 pace with even splints .  Done your 10K schedule will send to your inbox if your interested.

Yvonne - taper madness setting in.

Voley - Hope your well - I presume computer problems?

Have a good weekend all.

28/09/2012 at 17:29

Susiebe,

Well done on getting into London you will love. hope the fund raising goes well.

28/09/2012 at 18:42

Everytime i log on it goes back 2 pages and i have to keep pressing the next page damned annoying.....

I was just looking around on my puter to see if bath half is open yet and it is... what i hadnt bargained for was the PRICE £41 FOR A HALF MARATHON i know its up there with ones to do but £41.... REALLY ???

WOW.....

AH makes £50 for manchester look like a bargain

28/09/2012 at 20:49
Oooh aren't you all good, adding your races in The full extent of Toby and Yvonnes's madness is quite clear when you look at the list! ;-p

AH - 10k schedule - yes please . And when you say 9:30 pace, you don't mean for the HM do you? For the 10K maybe, or did you mean 10:30 ?

Yvonne - yes Bath IS expensive. All the more gut wrenching that I couldn't run it when I was injured, couldn't transfer my place or even sell it on. It IS a good race though - lots of support all the way round, big runners village etc.

Add to the taper nonsense- I've been feeling like I'm going down with a cold all day. Sore throat, sore head etc So I bought myself some posh orange juice (the sort that FEELS like its doing you good!) and will have a very lazy day tomorrow.(any excuse!)
13,201 to 13,220 of 15,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.