GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

13,521 to 13,540 of 15,189 messages
26/12/2012 at 10:25
Really struggled to run 3.1 miles this morning.
Don't know if its the 10k that's taken more out of me than I thought or because I'm getting over a cold or the combination of both.

Susie - the park run sounded like a challenge

Mel - well done on the run, think my training takes me up to 7 miles in about 3 weeks time

Hope you all had a great Xmas
26/12/2012 at 12:07
Merry Christmas everyone! Was too busy to get on here until now, but have managed to snatch our new tablet from the kids and snuck on. Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday and that Santa brought you some great presents. Husband bought me running socks and trainer deodorising "balls" - he knows me so well!

I need to have a think about targets for 2012. Only one really is to complete marathon training without getting injured, run the whole 26.2 and at least make it in under 6 hours this time! Would love to run a half in 2:15 ......

AH hope all goes well with the move.
26/12/2012 at 12:08
Boo - no smilies on tablet
26/12/2012 at 15:28

Afternoon all

Hope you all had a happy Christmas running wise went out Christmas Eve and did 5 miles with the O/H and decided to get my LSR out of the way today which should have been 14 for me which turned into 16 miles the O/H had 3 to do so we started off together and did the first 2.5 miles and when she headed for home i carried on

got drenched a couple of times when it hammered down but the nice water proof  jacket the O/H bought me for Christmas kept me nice and warm so all i have left week 3 is a 5 and a 8 mile run

26/12/2012 at 22:57
Toby - well done on the 16 miles! Hoping for a new running jacket myself - seeing more family this week so fingers crossed!
27/12/2012 at 10:50

Hi everyone,

Susie - that parkrun sounds even muddier than my (Ciren) park run. Good time considering the conditions! Hope the weather is okay on Fri (no floods) for your trip down to Cornwall.

Dee - probably a bit of both (10K/cold) making your run hard work. I know I was puffing and panting a lot more than usual on my 7ml run last weekend.

B&T - why am I not surprised you have to snatch YOUR tablet off your kids? Mmmm .. trainer deodorising balls .. just what every runner needs  Good luck with those targets for 2013 - definitely do-able!

Toby - wow .. well done re the 16ml run.

No running related pressies this year but have been given an Amazon voucher so might be tempted to buy something. Still waiting to see what 'Gore' goodies I get sent. Before xmas one of my running friends was recommending "The Runners Handbook" and/or "The Competitive Runners Handbook" (both by Bob Glover). Have been given a Waterstones voucher so might well treat myself. Anyone read/got either of these?

Edited: 27/12/2012 at 10:51
28/12/2012 at 13:04

Morning all

No running yesterday as had to take the daughter back to Leicester so 5 hours driving just about wiped me out did manage to get out today should have been 5  as i  was out decided to run into work to find out what i was coming into on Tuesday

i took the long way home as i didn’t fancy running up the last hill the run turn out to be just over  7 ¼ miles out again tomorrow with the O/H for an 8 mile run as she has a 3 & 5 left of her week 1 training for Brighton she should have done the 3 last night but had a hard day at work and was late home never got around to it so has add the 2 runs together

Edited: 28/12/2012 at 13:05
29/12/2012 at 15:14

Afternoon all

well 8 very wet and soggy miles done today O/H didn't enjoy it much as she had never been out when it was raining quite so heavily and despite dressing warmly got were wet and cold but all credit to her she stuck it out and we completed the run in just over 2 hours which looking back was 22 minutes faster than the last time we did a run of that length together

31/12/2012 at 11:29

Toby - one thing I've noticed is driving wears me out these days more than it did a few years ago. I did 5hrs driving on Sat (trip to see family for the day) and was zonked by the time I got back that evening. Glad to see you still managed to fit in some running around everything else. Well done to Mrs Toby for sticking at it on that 8ml run and a great improvement in time from her.

I did my last run of the year yesterday - 5ml slowish miles around town. Felt very heavy-legged .. think that's a combination of not much running lately and too much food and drink in between!

31/12/2012 at 17:28

Afternoon all

Well went to my first weigh in after Christmas at weight watcher must say got on the scales with some trepidation as in past years the weight has piled on but had a nice shock as i had lost another 3lbs which makes a grand total of 2st 1lb since i joined

Followed that by going out for a run got a bit carried away and ended up doing 20 miles took me 3:22:09 which is 10:01 m/m so not to bad for a first run of that distance and i managed to run all of it which was pleasing as in previous years i hit the wall at 17 miles and had to walk and last year i used a run walk to do the first one

31/12/2012 at 22:36
Toby well done on the weight loss and run. Don't peak too early for Brighton! Good on Mrs T as well!

Mel- well done on getting out for your run too. Always feels hard getting out after Christmas over indulgence (speaking from experience!)

Have been down in Cornwall for three last few days with in-laws, and managed to get out for a short 3 mile run (but it did include a big hill) Mind you, I did end up stopping down at the harbour to take some photos, so maybe not such a good workout!

Anyway, wishing everyone a very happy New Year, and hoping we all have a very successful running year!
01/01/2013 at 00:45

Happy New Year 

01/01/2013 at 20:53

Evening All,

happy new year all.

Some big mileage going on early doors Toby,  Must be difficult to lose so much weight with marathon training.

Moving tomorrow then will be without internet for 4 -5 weeks. 

Take care all.

01/01/2013 at 22:15
Happy new year everyone
Good luck with the move AH and well done Toby
I've made a start....parkrun with my nieces on Sat in 37.17 which they were pleased with then did 3 m yesterday and embarrassed to say had to walk several times! See if I get on better tomorrow
Also started a Core challenge today. A set of 300 ab exercises you do alternate days, almost died this morning!
Things can only get better!
01/01/2013 at 22:55

Happy New Year

Entered into my first HM in 8 1/2 weeks - 61 days #imustbemad

At the mo, i am the only one via runkeeper doing it, despite a 1500 space alloacation.

starting tomorrow on me plan........

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 22:56
01/01/2013 at 22:58
Another hill wrote (see)

Evening All,

happy new year all.

Some big mileage going on early doors Toby,  Must be difficult to lose so much weight with marathon training.

Moving tomorrow then will be without internet for 4 -5 weeks. 

Take care all.

why dont you get a temp payg dongle?

02/01/2013 at 03:16

morning all

well i have an two 5's and an 8 left of week 4 but may well add the two 5's together and do an 10 and an 8 as i need to get the bulk of the mileage out of the way as it usually goes mad work wise the second and third day back

A/H hope the move goes well

chappersuk well done on entering your first H/M i  thought the same when i entered my first H/M

Speediersal great your oout running again

02/01/2013 at 10:54

toby3 - thanks, just reviewing some 8 week running plans, anyone have suggestions? thanks

02/01/2013 at 11:31

Morning

3.3m done in the drizzle this morning and didn't walk

Chappers - AH is best at plans but FWIW... run at least 3 times a week, pref 4. 1 LSR increasing by a mile a week, 1 shorter run at tempo pace and/or some hills/intervals

Which HM are you doing? how long have you been running for?

Hope work isn't too hideous Toby

02/01/2013 at 12:33

speediersal see here for all my logged runs have to be a Runkeeper user to view though, but have only managed 1 ~3 miler in 2 months, but have done a 10K race [59:29 in september] and done steady 40-60mins runs previously.

This week will be a Wed, Fri and Sun get back into running with the commencement of the 8 week next Tuesday.

Average comfortable pace is around 6-6:30/KM tbh

o the HM is the Roding Valley. Essex one

Edited: 02/01/2013 at 12:34
13,521 to 13,540 of 15,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.