GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

13,661 to 13,680 of 15,270 messages
24/01/2013 at 11:02
Yvonne - it was quite a while ago she ran it, plus I could have the location confused doesn't take much to confuse me lol
24/01/2013 at 12:47

No running for me today but my number for Longleat 10k arrived

24/01/2013 at 22:18

Toby the lady at your b&b sounds lovely  equally when I stay in Bristol they are a friendly bunch and nothing is too much trouble ....

found one of those spiky things your all talking about it looks like a lethal weapon...it must of come off while the owner was braving the arctic conditions and someone has put it onto the nearest fire hydrant for finding...

25/01/2013 at 16:57

Hi all,

Bit nippy here today and has just started snowing again!Yaktrax arrived yesterday but dont think there will be enough snow to try them out.Really easy to pull onto my shoes and youngest said they look cool so must be goodDont know why I wasnt prepared before the snow came

Long run today,10 miles as on call tonight and working Sunday pm.Was a bit stop/start as still icy patches but done in 1 hr 54mins so thats fine.Plan said to run  for 70 mins so did a bit more but felt ok

Looks like I might do Swindon HM in Oct and might do Cricklade 10k(didnt know there was a 10k on same day as HM)the Sunday before.The Sept HMs come a bit too early after the summer for me,not good in warm weather and away on hols in Aug so training will suffer,plus when I did Chippenham HM it was a mini-heatwaveremember B+T

Quick post as have to get an early tea tonight

25/01/2013 at 19:48

Evening all

well 20 very cold and depressing miles for me today it was getting dark by the time i got home and have to say never been so glad to get home in the warm

26/01/2013 at 15:43
Yay!!! Finally got to run outside thank goodness was getting cabin fever. Ran my carefully planned out 8 mile route - which turned out to be 8.9 miles whoops, managed it in 1 hour 30 minutes (don't know if that's good or bad) but I'm pleased with it as I have never ran that far before.

Toby - it was a bit chilly yesterday but well done on the 20 miles

Susie - well done on the 10 miler

Rest day tomorrow, then Monday going to try something new, just found out that the sweatshop stores organise weekly runs so I'm going to try that out Monday evening instead of a tready run In the gym
Edited: 26/01/2013 at 17:57
26/01/2013 at 20:40

evening all

what a difference a day makes went out with the O/H today as she had 13 miles to do and didn't want to do them on her own the sun was out and it was warm but it wasn't to last as i see the rain they promised had arrived

26/01/2013 at 23:41
Finally had a proper long run on Friday. Schedule said 14 miles, so I planned a route into, and around town so I could run on pavements that should be clear of snow and ice. Still managed to find some, along with mud, but managed a run of 15.2 miles Longest ever training run, and I could still walk today, so very pleased. I suddenly feel this marathon might be doable!

Toby - glad you and Mrs Toby had a good run today, and Dee well done on getting out for a good run outside. Oh Toby - just seen you ran 20 yesterday as well. Well done.

Susie - at least you're ready for the snow - next time . I definitely remember how hot that Chippenham HM was. Still my personal worst time for a HM - not much fun.

Glad its a cut back week next week!
27/01/2013 at 08:43

Well done on everyone getting out and doing long runs yesterday. I only did a quick paced 3 miler yesterday and have my LSR planned for today aiming for 12 miles. I have route planned out - I have convinced hubby to drive me into another town so I have to run home, a lot of the run will be along a disused railway track so may be a bit of a mud fest but hey who cares!

Just hoping that the rain stops or at leasts stops bucketing down as per weather forecast before I get out there as the drowned rat look isn't my best!

27/01/2013 at 11:50
Morning
The rain has finally washed the snow away so ran a ploddy 4.6m this morning. Tried to go out yesterday morning when parkrun was cancelled but it was an ice rink and had to give up.
Regaining fitness is such hard work. Well done to all of you doing REALLY long runs.
Wow Lisa, another marathoner
Still looking good Mel
I try and avoid seeing myself in running gear...reality doesn't live up to the imagination!

34.52jan
27/01/2013 at 12:16

B&T not as hard as it sounds as the wife uses a run / walk and then there's usually loo breaks so there are rest breaks while i'm waiting for her to come out so that means with the run walk i end up walking half of it

27/01/2013 at 12:39

Hi All,

Congrats on the long runs everyone and training through the snow,  marathon training seems to be going well for you all, putting me to shame.

Sal - I'm with you on regaining fitness.

1st run today since 10th December a very hard 5K heartbeat sky high and pace well slow....... but a start.  How unfit have I become. 

Must right myself a training plan and target some parkruns,  Unsure of Abingdon & Oxford.

27/01/2013 at 13:18

12.33 miles for me this morning in the sunshine but wind was a bit of a killer. Average pace was 9 min 12 sec miles so hopefully on target for 1hr 50 min HM at Brighton which is my ideal time.

Speediersal well done on your run this morning, lets hope the snow stays away until next winter now.

Toby do you or your legs ever feel tired, as i know that now I have done my run this morning I will feel pretty shattered for the rest of the day. i think that i may need to redress my diet with regards to fuelling properly before and after runs

27/01/2013 at 13:22

i do have to say i do have a nap afterwards the trouble is the nap seems to be in proportion to the run the longer the run the longer the nap

27/01/2013 at 13:26

Toby that makes me feel so much better

27/01/2013 at 17:17
Ah Cotswold Wolf - if it wasn't for your avatar I wouldn't have known who it was! I'm sure your fitness will come back quickly. Keep it slow (bet your slow is still faster than my fast!) I've realised this bitter weather is fantastic for HR training as its so easy to keep your HR low!

Lisa - yes, I'm always shattered after my long runs. I was fit for nothing on Friday afternoon! Oh and starving for all the rest of the day well done on your run. Husband was cycling today and said the wind was terrible' so well done!

Sal - well done on your ploddy run. The ground is going to be so heavy to run on when all this snow melts - not looking forward to that!
28/01/2013 at 21:06
Went and did the sweatshop run with 2 of my daughters, really nice people great company and a choice of 5, 6 or 7 k run. Had forgotten how nice it is to run with other runners .

Plus you get free goodies for each goal you complete in a year the altimate gift being a garmin forerunner 610 if you run with them for 50 weeks out of your first 52 week period.
Edited: 28/01/2013 at 21:46
29/01/2013 at 05:09

morning all

just 5 miles yesterday as i over slept and by the time i had gone to my Weight Watchers meeting that was all i had time for went under my target weight yesterday am now 10st 11lbs a loss of 2st 9lbs so after 2 years of saying i must get down to 11st for Brighton this year i will be

29/01/2013 at 06:57
Well done Toby on reaching target - it's a fantastic feeling
29/01/2013 at 15:59
Dee glad you enjoyed the run. Quite an encouragement to keep going - are they banking on the fact that most people will miss more than 2 sessions in the year, through holidays if nothing else I get my trainers from sweatshop now, but its too far to go and run with them.

Toby - wrote - really well done on your weight loss. Can't have been easy trying to mix fueling for long runs with trying to cut down what you eat!

7 miles for me today. Fed up of trying to keep to the lanes, so thought I'd brave a bridleway. Couldn't be too muddy, could it??! Oh yes it could! Mud up to my knees . On reaching a particularly boggy bit, I thought maybe I'd better double knot my laces so I didn't lose a shoe. Trouble was, I couldn't actually see my laces!

Maybe tomorrow I'll go back to the lanes!
13,661 to 13,680 of 15,270 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.