GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

13,901 to 13,920 of 15,270 messages
08/03/2013 at 19:54
Hi all,
6 miles for me today,all done in some very refreshing rain!Recovered well from last Sundays HM,though two of my toes took a bashing.Will have to make sure they are well protected for VLM.

SS,really hope your back is ok for Sunday.Wishing you a speedy recovery and a great race!

Mel,Happy hols.I still remember seeing the Northern lights many years ago,just
Amazing!

B+T,I'm going to have to read back to see what this costume is!Its not fancy dress for a marathon is it?

Recently got an IPad and using it for the first time to post here so please excuse the mistakes.It takes some getting used to when you're used to a full sized keyboard.Also can't see the smilies so excuse their absence,think I over use them anyway!

Long run of 18 miles this weekend,on Sunday as ran the 6 today.ust six weeks on Sunday to the marathon!!!!

Have a good weekend
08/03/2013 at 21:55

Evening all

Well 22 miles for me today that’s the longest run i do was feeling tired today so decided to stick close to home so did ran 2 and 3 mile loops the whole thing took 3:31:12 with a Avg pace of 9:29m/m so not to bad as i was trying to keep the pace down and to be honest wasn’t to worry about the time more about just getting around

did struggle a bit over the last couple of miles and legs are feeling it now cut back week next week then my last big mileage run the week after  before the taper starts can’t wait

08/03/2013 at 23:44
Sal - how's the back feeling? Really hope it's okay for you to race

Susie - not just me doing strange spelling then - hooray! Definitely not a costume to run in. They're shooting a film in our village, and I'm getting to be an extra Set in 1890, so proper Victorian clothes including corset (eeeek!). They don't want me tomorrow, so I get a lie in in the morning. Pass the wine

Dee - woo hoo to winning the shoes! Was in Reading tonight so saw all the notices about road closures etc

Toby - not surprised your legs were feeling tired! Not long to go now, eh?

16 miles for me today. Very tired legs, and invented a new mantra "these are the miles that count" I.e. the ones run on exhausted legs! Worked out that in the last 6 days, so including my HM, I've run nearly 42 miles (shocked face smiley!)
09/03/2013 at 11:43
6 miles today in an hour though it felt a lot longer and slower, didn't get a fantastic nights sleep, so probably the effects of that. That was my last LSR before HM next Sunday *gulp* its all seemeung abit too real now for my liking. Just 3 shirt runs now next week.

B&T - I think a picture of you in your costume would be good, one has to keep up with Mels high standard he set

Toby - wow that's come round quick! Can't believe you are on taper already!

Susie - I don't need the excuse of an iPad for my poor typing I put it down to having dyslexic fingers
Edited: 09/03/2013 at 11:44
09/03/2013 at 12:19

Dee, nice running shoes was looking at those myself as I run in minimalist shoes - vivobarefoots, although for longer distances over 10 miles I currently run in Kinvara's but feel ready to go to 0mm drop now in all my runs.

B&T - agree with Dee piccy please! Whats the filming of TV/film or is it all hush hush?

Toby what can I say - apart from you are a machine! I hope you enjoy your taper you have certainly earned it.

Susie good luck with your LSR this weekend.

Parkrun completed again for me this morning and have broken the 24 min barrier, new pb of 23.38, very pleased and can't quite believe it, as last June I ran it for the first time in 32 mins. My running resoloution for the year was to get a sub 24 min Parkrun may have to adjust it slightly now. Have a LSR planned for tomorrow, as my next race is a HM on April 7th may just do about 12 miles depending on how I feel.

Happy LSR everyone 

09/03/2013 at 16:18
Shirt runs???? Short runs see what I mean dyslexic fingers
09/03/2013 at 16:56
Shirt runs - sounds a but chilly! Best of luck in advance for next week - make sure you enjoy all the VIP stuff as well!
Lisa - super speedy - well done! I dream of a sub 24 5k - one day

The film is called 'The Christmas Candle', someone was told it was a straight to DVD film, so obviously a quality production It has Sylvester McCoy in it (saw him today doing some filming), Susan Boyle, John Hannah. Most of the village was down there today watching them! Just had a text to say I have to turn up at 6.45 tomorrow morning. eek!
09/03/2013 at 18:56
Evening all
Enjoy your ipad Susie, I love ours
Impressive running going on, well done to your new pb Lisa
Film sounds interesting
Unfortunately back still a problem so no race for me tomorrow . Could be worse as not race fit at mo but bit anxious about how long it will take to settle and so when I can get out and run again. Have to admit to buying some new running clothes whilst in Decathalon this afternoon
09/03/2013 at 21:09
hi all,

B+T,now I get it!Wow that's really exciting!Good luck tomorrow!
Lisa,that's really fast,really well done.oing from 32 mins to 24 mins is seriously impressive!
SS,really sorry your back is still bad,hope it improves soon but hopefully the new clothes will help!Sure with some rest it will soon ease.Yes love this IPad,hope my typing is improving?

Tomorrow doing my long run,want to get up to 20 miles so aim for 18 tomorrow and 20 next weekend.

called into work this pm,had a bit of a shock when Martin Keown came walking into the care home.People who don't follow the football won't know who he is.Anyway had a nice chat with him,even if I felt a little starstruck!His mother is one of the residents of the home I was working in.

have a good Sunday!
10/03/2013 at 12:05
Yes, yes, yes! First proper run for 2 weeks after calf trouble 4 miles in 30.46 . Felt fantastic but will probably pay for it in the morning!

Lisa, fantastic time! not be long before you go sub 23.

Speed, unlucky with the back, hope you have a speedy recovery .
10/03/2013 at 12:15
Also, ive been tying my laces pretty tight and i think it is the cause of my tight calf/achillies, since i have had them loose, i feel 100% better.

Any thoughts on this?
10/03/2013 at 13:58

Hi All,

Nice to read all the long runs going on and talk of taper, keep it up all.

B&T - Yes the runs on tired legs are of great benefit.  Good stuff with the filming gets the village chatting.

Susie - I remeber your footballer nice to hear that he is pleasent and not like some of the arrogant players on big money around in todays game.

JonnyM - Have you considered recovery socks - great for after runs?

Sal - Hope the back gets better soon.

Lisa - Interesting on your minimilist running - I can only dream of having a good gait. Nice PB at parkrun keep chipping away and as Jonny says sub 23 awaits.

Nice and easy 7 miles yesterday - Pace about right with HR only about 3 -4 B/P/M higher than what I would expect so getting closer.  Found a club that I like the look of and will join when I'm ready which I expect will be a couple of weeks time.  Tired today got up at 5 yesterday to get my run in before going back upto home didn't get back until 2 this morning.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mums

11/03/2013 at 16:01

Afternoon all

well 8 miles done weather doesn't seem to know what it wants it's cold and very windy but one minute the suns out the next it's over cast and snowing and then the next the suns out and it snowing Oh well keeps you on your toes

11/03/2013 at 21:41
Evening
Back 90%better and had planned a v short jog this evening but already below freezing when I got home so decided to abort! Will go on Weds having rested for a week.
Glad you're better Jonny
12/03/2013 at 07:50
Sweatshop run done and dusted, was very very cold, two layers of everything needed brrrrrrrrrrr. Ran what I thought was a slower pace only to find out 3.5 miles in 30 minutes, oopps its taper week supposed to be taking it easy. Will run my other runs this week on the tready so I can control the speed better.

Jonny - glad you're back up and running.

Sal - pleased you are also feeling better.

Toby - I don't mind running in the cold, wet, snow etc its the wind I hate.

Looks like Reading is definitely going to be a cold one, with a chance of snow . Think I will look at do base layer clothing just in case.
12/03/2013 at 16:25

5 easy miles for me this afternoon, had to wait for all the snow and ice to melt a bit - am in Sussex which had a 6in deluge yeterday, but thankfully it has been melting slowly, although the freezing cold wind persists.

Dee its amazing how much quicker you run when its cold, its natures way of telling you to hurry up and get back inside to the warm 

Sal hope that by the time you get out there on Wednesday you will be 100% better.

Fingers crossed that we have seen the last of the snow for this winter - this winter feels like it has gone on forever. 

12/03/2013 at 22:18
Continuing steady training 3.6 miles in 25.51 hopefully increase at the weekend. Dont mind the cold, its the heat that i dread!
13/03/2013 at 04:25

Morning all

Well just 5 miles for me well i say 5 ran into town and got the wife’s name put on her running vest by the time i got back it was just over 6

We had order the name the week before so went in Saturday to have then done but the idiots had spell her name wrong so had to go down again

Dave i prefer our front room well that’s were our treadmill is at the moment prefer to get out though i have to say i have been a lot braver this year normal in winterers gone by the first excuse i could find i would have stayed in and used the treadmill

Edited: 13/03/2013 at 04:30
13/03/2013 at 06:49
Hi all,
Apologies been absent on here for weeks. Life just took over .

I completed my first half marathon on the 3rd march and have to say I am we'll and truly hooked o them!! I was over the moon with my first time of 2 hrs 2 mins it's true the buzz of a race carries you that bit quicker.

I also at last have a garmin now whoop whoop my wonderful husband must of been sick of my moaning and big hinting because that is what I got on Mother's Day this year happy mummy.

Am still loving being part of my running club they are so motivational

Hope all of you are injury free and running well ill try catch up on posts on here x
13/03/2013 at 11:16

Morning everyone,

Congrats on your first haf mara Samantha!  That's a great time, you should be so pleased .  Although I bet you'll be having another go soon enough to shave off those pesky two minutes, right? .  It's great that you're enjoying your running club, keep it up.

It's been freezing cold here for the last few days but I've still been getting out there.  Took a slight comedy tumble on the ice with a club mate the other night but luckily the only things bruised were our egos .

Took part in a really tough fell race at the weekend....it was so misty you could barely see your hand in front of your face! But I managed to get to the finish in one piece (even though a bog monster tried to eat my leg and wouldn't let go!).

Going to go back to my local parkrun on Saturday to have a bash at a PB, all in prep for a nice flat 10k the week after that.

Hope you're still keeping up the running now that you're a film star, B&T?

13,901 to 13,920 of 15,270 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.