GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

14,121 to 14,140 of 15,337 messages
02/05/2013 at 23:13

Husband forgiven.....the very nice Sainsburys man came back

03/05/2013 at 07:53

Speediersal ...lol...

04/05/2013 at 08:53

Bridge run was awful, had no energy, ears nose and throat were streaming and sore. Not had a run like that in ages, woke up this morning and I think someone has fed me razor blades over night  no running for me this weekend. Hopefully will be well enough to start 10k training next week. 

Sal - glad the nice sainsburys man came back

Yvonne - I think it's breathing technique that causes you to get a stitch (well that's what my coach used to tell me all those years ago)  I'm sure if I'm wrong someone on here will correct me and quite rightly so. 

Hope you all have a great long weekend

04/05/2013 at 09:14

Dee get better soon

04/05/2013 at 10:27

Oh dear Dee, hope you're better soon. Lots of Vit C.

tempo 2.6 this morning during ballet, ave pace 10.25 so pretty much spot n. Footy season finishes next week so hoping for a summer of parkruns. 

Friends for dinner tonight

8.2may

04/05/2013 at 10:30

Oh, and another 1lb off so 10lb2 this morning

the running club May challenge is press ups 3 sets of whatever the date is so working up to 31 x3 gulp!

04/05/2013 at 21:11

Evening all

well race gear shorted number pin on and timing chip through the shoes laces will be up at 6 tomorrow have breakfast about 6.30 and out the door by 7am like to get there early and bet the queue for the loos

I'm in with the big boys tomorrow white wave never been in the white wave before I’m normal red or green should be good for a laugh trying to keep up with some of them tomorrow

Speediersal welldone on the weight loss I've now manges to lose all the weight i put on over my holiday plus a couple of lbs so I'm now down to 10st 4.5lbs

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 21:14
04/05/2013 at 22:07

Toby the white wave ???!!!! oooooooohhh..youll be finished before the second wave starts..is it really a year ago i ran with you and you got me my first sub 1 hour 10km of 55 mins

Dee get well soon

Speediersal i need your resolve re the weight loss, im in the ive ran today so im eating chocolate today brigade at the moment ,and i know to lose weight i shouldnt be doing that !!

Band T hope your feeling less fduzzy after giving blood

Me i managed to run 9.15 miles today started off with sunshine but really windy then got too hot then it started to drizzle ( all the walkers i passed were making for the cover of trees) and cooled me down, was lovely, then the sun came out and dried me up ....i was likened to a gazelle today ...running over those tree roots again and this lady said i looked like a gazelle leaping over them and couldnt believe i was actually running as she was having trouble enough walking on them...but us runners are a hardy bunch and tree roots and rain dont stop us ...

05/05/2013 at 08:51

What a lovely compliment Yvonne. I am sure I look nothing like a gazelle when running

good luck Toby

05/05/2013 at 14:13

Afternoon all

well Bristol 10k done and dusted an i am now the proud owner of a new PB according to my Gamin getting around in 46:16 taking 3:08 of the time i set at Longleat early this year a beautiful day for running sun was out but the was a nice cooling breeze at times

Split wise 7:33, 7:32, 7:26, 7:27, 7:17, 7:01 with an overall pace of 7:20m/m

Yvonne your have to show me and Poohbear your leaping gazelle when we next go for a run together

05/05/2013 at 18:21

my leaping gazelle looks like someone who is trying not to fall on her bottom or twist her ankle while running over tree roots  

my god toby how fast are you running right now ....what speed work are you doing 

05/05/2013 at 18:29

Throat feels better today  thanks for all the well wishes. 

Toby - well done on your new peebee. 

Yvonne - I'm just trying to imagine a two legged gazelle 

Going to try and get up early tomorrow and attempt a 40 minute run. 

05/05/2013 at 19:25

Well done Toby, fab time

Can't decide whether to run tonight or in the morning ...

05/05/2013 at 21:30

i would of likened myself to bambi when he first tried to get up ...legs everywhere ..... but hey if i get told im a gazelle ill take that ....mind you tree root running is good for coordination and quick footedness ...

oh dear i seem to have eaten lots of cake today  my daughter made carrot cake for her rat show there was some left when i collected her so a slice came back with me i also had a galaxy cookie crumble cake bar and i made a sponge cake with left over cream cheese frosting and jam in the middle so i may run twice tomorrow ....in the morning before work and again with my daughter after work....

05/05/2013 at 23:18

not really doing speed work as such my training pace has got quicker over the last couple of years when we first ran together i was training at 10 minute mile pace now it more like 8:30 to 8:50 and my race pace has always been a bit quicker than my training pace any way

but i bulit this up over a few months trying to keep it going for longer each tme first on my MWLR and then on my LSR on a Friday

Edited: 05/05/2013 at 23:20
06/05/2013 at 07:07

thing is im running over trail right now as the marathon id like to do in September is trail .... and i know you run a little slower on trail ....when i ran the last mile on saturday on the road it was 9,54 pace and i think if i pushed it i could of got it quicker .... ive seen a training plan that includes a fast mid week run at mp that you build up over the weeks and try ultimately running for 90 mins at mp so may try and do something similar after a run on Wednesday with my daughter 

mind you it would help if i could lose that stone but i need to stop eating cake first ... 

06/05/2013 at 13:44

afternoon all

rest day today then my training plan for the Bristol H/M starts tomorrow the aim is to try and ues it to get my training pace down to 8:00 m/m pace by the time the race Happens in September

hi Yvonne if the weathers this nice next week would you be up for me and Poohbear coming up to you for a run

06/05/2013 at 15:40

What a lovely day, a v slow 6.6 in the sun, mainly off road this mmorning

that makes it even more impressiveToby

Off to work now, and the night dr had rung in sick so could be some time.....

14.8 may

06/05/2013 at 21:38

Toby what over next weekend?? yes im not working at all this coming weekend so that would be lovely....well i did a 2 miler on the treadmill before work this morning (after walking the dogs and doing the housework) went to work ...i work in a pub and the worse thing about it, is this weather, as everyone orders their drinks then goes and sits outside!!! and where do i have to stay, yep behind the bar in a pub!!!

When i got home i went out in this lovely sunshine for 4 miles with my daughter....it was a little warm but im not complaining...we managed a constant 10.15 pace along the track, which, as she has been plodding at 12 min pace the last few weeks i feel she is soon to be up to speed and faster than her mummy and then her mummy (me) will have to try to keep up with her which for speed and mp work will be good ....

We then had a lovely evening eating al fresco with homemade burgers and all the toppings and a cheeky bottle of wine and my son in law had a bottle of beer ...it was his birthday meal ..we couldnt think of what to get him so we made a voucher that entitled him to a meal and pudding all homemade at our house whenever he wanted...which he thought was a lovely idea ....

07/05/2013 at 03:24

hi Yvonne that's great Poohbear goes  to her Weight watchers meeting in the morning but we can come up afterwards and try and get to you for about 12pm if thats ok with you

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 03:25
14,121 to 14,140 of 15,337 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.