GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

15,101 to 15,103 of 15,103 messages
Today at 06:38

B&T - after stepping out of my car (with air-con) and instantly feeling like I was being baked at Gas Mark 4, I chickened out and used my treadmill in my garage instead. Managed 3mls at 10:52 pace so I'll take that.

Em68 - glad to hear your hip is better. Round here, tapering mainly seems to consist of sitting around eating cake.

Interesting footnote .. did my 3ml treadmill run, went to bed feeling a bit dehydrated. Got woken up in the night with cramp in my left calf. Note to self - get used to drinking a bit more now you are running again; keep doing that stretching!

Today at 16:10

Hi all came back home yesterday morning ,landed at 3:05am slept for 3 hours on the plane but that was it for sleep in the 24 hour day!! Slept well last night and went for my first run since wed 9th July, boy my legs did itch for the first mile, as the blood was pumping faster than it has been the last two weeks, had to run whilst rubbing my legs was a Vic and Bob shooting stars dance moment!!! 

Managed two laps round, it felt like the three!!! And the dogs were panting like mad too and went in the river on both laps ....

Mel well done on completing c2c, get you jumping straight back into the running, YES remember those stretches!!!

B&T the word bedlam springs to mind, still will be nice when it's done and think of the extra room you'll have..

Waves to every one x

Today at 16:33

Afternoon all

just went out for a run about 5.30 yesterday with no distance in mind decided to run till i got to hot or had, had enough after about 10 miles decided enough was enough but still had a couple of miles to get home so stop in a news agency to get a cold drink in the end it turn out to be just over 12

Yvonnewelcome home hope the holiday went well

Edited: 25/07/2014 at 16:34

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15,101 to 15,103 of 15,103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.