GULP just entered my first half marathon

feeling sick now!

15,181 to 15,185 of 15,185 messages
14/09/2014 at 18:54
Hi all,

Good luck for Bristol Toby.

Yvonne - hope the new arrival behaves itself without any glitches.

Mel - Sounds like training going well for you.

B&T - A film star amongst us. Cycling gear far to much of it.

Meself - training going well 40+ mile bike ride yesterday and a 10 mile run this morning heart rate starting to fall so must either be getting cooler or fitter I will take the fitter.
15/09/2014 at 13:37

Afternoon all

Well the 13 turned into 15miles for me today i woke up early so was out the door by 9.00am didn't fancy venturing to far from home so i ran my 2 and 3 miles loops pleased with the time of 2:18:09 as comparing it to a 15 miles run i did when training for Bristol last year as it's only about a minute slower and it’s the first time I’ve run that far since Brighton

15/09/2014 at 23:12

B&T - getting to be a regular in front of the cameras just lately aren't you

CW - glad to hear training still going well

Toby - good training run from you (as always!).

I managed 10miles on Saturday morning. I had a bit of a sore throat and that has since morphed into a cold lurgy - so no more running from me for the next few days

Edited: 15/09/2014 at 23:13
Yesterday at 14:07

10 miles for me to day legs were suffering after the run yesterday so just took it slow plus i had one or two stops on the way round picking up some sponsorship money for someone in work and reserving a van just encase the stuff my son wants to take to uni won’t fit in the car

Today at 12:43

Toby 15 miles then a 10 mile run, seriously why don't you do an ultra, I'd like to before I'm 50 perhaps we should decide on what one to do and enter together...Just an idea??? 50 miles what do you think?? Or go full pelt for a 100km one which I think is around 66 miles!!! 

Entered brighton 10 km this morning,early bird price of £25 .....would so love a 45 min 10km time so speed training and hills and leg and core strength for me over the winter along with some half marathons me thinks will have to plan the ones I can do on the Sundays I don't work as no holidays left as I want my last 5 days for Christmas with my grandchildren and ever growing family ....

Waves to all, as I'm at work on my kindle !!! Naughty I know 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15,181 to 15,185 of 15,185 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.