Half marathon

How shold i train for a half marathon

3 messages
15/11/2010 at 21:16
im reguarly doing 10k races but i want to make a step to do half marathons. I currently train 3 times a week and do on average 3 miles somtimes 6 miles. What should i be doing?
15/11/2010 at 21:23
There are lots of training plans on this site and across the web for high to train for a half marathon. You can train for a half on three sessions a week, but it might be an idea to increase to four.
15/11/2010 at 21:25

There are some very good training plans on this very site that you can tailor to suit your personal needs.

In brief - you need to get those long runs gradually up until ideally you cover 17 miles about 3 weeks out from race day, then taper down.

Increase the weekly mileage by no more than 10% each week, aiming to ditch the 3 mile runs for at least 6 milers of mixed tempo / threshold running.

good luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.