Heart Rate Monitors

Where does it go???

7 messages
14/09/2003 at 20:41
I've been giving it plenty at the gym recently and the instructor has recommended that I get a HRM instead of legging it to the clock everytime i get off the tready. I've looked at them but the bit that goes round your chest looks no bigger than the bit that goes round your wrist!!! Surely nobody's that thin... so before I shell out £30 or so (don't want nothing flash) can anyone tell me how does one stick it on one??!!
14/09/2003 at 21:08
I'll try and help....my HRM is a bog-standard one, has a watch that goes on my wrist and a plastic bit containing the monitor that's on an adjustable elastic strap to go around my chest. It can be easily adjusted to fit me or my husband (who's considerable larger than me) so I'm sure you won't have any problems! You've probably just seen the monitor bit without the elastic strap attached.

I wouldn't be without mine now - even if it's just so I can have a good reason to go even slower than usual!
14/09/2003 at 21:10
Thanks, Twinkle that's very helpful. The slowing down bit sounds good, too!
JGC
14/09/2003 at 21:24
I have the opposite problem Plod - I have the elastic strap as tight as possible and it is still baggy - gonna have to get me needle and thread out and shorten it.
14/09/2003 at 21:29
Don't think I'll have that problem, Serv. S'why I'm 'giving it plenty' down the gym... Don't be fooled by the pic - the beard takes pounds off me!
JGC
14/09/2003 at 21:35
That's where I'm going wrong - no beard - right off to grow one
cougie    pirate
15/09/2003 at 01:37
I had to tie a knot in my old polar ealstics belt. The new ones are much smaller though. Phew !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.