Heavy legs

3 messages
11/10/2012 at 11:25

On my regular 5-10Km runs, I quite often have a feeling of very heavy legs and feet.

I thought this would go away naturally after a few months, but am now wondering whether I could benefit from some cross training to build up strength in my legs? Or a better warm-up technique? (than just walking for 100m then hitting "start" on my timer!) 

Any ideas on getting springs in my legs?

11/10/2012 at 17:41
It does depend when with in the run you get this. I get it within the first 20 mins. This is just the warm up process. It should settle down as you get in to your run this should normally settle at around the same time your breathing settles down.
12/10/2012 at 09:28

First 20 minutes is about right, if I'm only running for 30 minutes though it's a bit annoying!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.