Hello

I'm new..

61 to 64 of 64 messages
08/10/2002 at 13:52
Beckstrous -- I'd be careful about judging your 5K timing from the Race for Life, particularly if your event was like the one in Guildford (pay even more attention to this message if it WAS the Guildford race). I reckon the Guildford course was off by between 1/4 mile and a half mile. This could mean a difference in finishing times of up to 5 minutes if you normally run 10 minute miles. The course wasn't marked very well and the marshalls weren't stopping people from taking short cuts (cutting corners in a big way). The second half of the Guildford race was definitely shorter than the first. I finished it in about 25 minutes, which is pretty quick for me, especially as I was not running that fast and was chatting to a former work colleague the whole way around (and we were staying on the outside of the circuit as much as possible). Try entering another 5K road race and judge your 5K time from that.

Ab -- 5 miles in 50 minutes is just fine. I spent about a year doing 10 minute miles consistently whether over a 3 mile distance or a 10 mile distance. Only in the past couple months have a started to get (a little) faster after adding a few speedwork sessions and running over more hills.

Linca
08/10/2002 at 20:08
Derek - which are the other four magazines?
08/10/2002 at 22:51
Sassie
I read Men's health, Trail, TGO and Country Walking.For the pictures!! (Joking) I think they are actually very good magazines.
Ab
20/10/2002 at 21:36
Ran the Birmingham Uni 5k this morning in 29mins 55secs and I'm feeling rather pleased with my performance. The course was undulating to say the least but the company was friendly and the marshalls encouraging.
Hope everybody else enjoyed it.
Now I'm looking for a 5k in January/February near Coventry or else near St Ives in Cornwall in the first week of 2003. Does anybody know of any suitable events?
Ab

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 64 of 64 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.