Help

1 to 20 of 296 messages
01/08/2008 at 11:10

I am doing the great north run in October. its my first half marathon and I really don't know what to expected.

I am not really a runner more a plodder and expect to be at the very back. Is their any other plodders doing this race ?

PloddingOn    pirate
01/08/2008 at 11:27

There'll be loads

Just put one foot in front of the other and keep on going

Good luck

01/08/2008 at 11:31
Sounds so simple when you boil it down to that doesn't it
01/08/2008 at 11:50

I expect I'll  have to run and  walk my way round.

I'M not even going to think about a time, and I like the idea of just putting one foot in front of the other.

I'll use that thought to night when I go for my run.

hopefully it will be a bit cooler than last night

Thanks

01/08/2008 at 13:16

Hi Cake

Shame your not running, if I hear off anyone dropping out I'll let you know you as i'm hoping to stay injury free until then. yep I am a lady and if you get a female running place i'll help you with your makeup.

I am staying in a hotel in newcastle that is 10 min from the start allegedly, so should be able to walk to the start getting back will be the hard with sore feet and tired legs.

01/08/2008 at 17:30

Cake - Ring a charity called "Get Kids Going"

Me and my mate got last min places from them this year and in 2003

02/08/2008 at 10:29

Morning

Cake did you have any luck getting a  charity place ?

took your advise ploddingOn and just put one foot in front of the other and managed to run for 25min without stopping.last night admittedly at quite a slow pace. 

Posh

02/08/2008 at 10:33
Nice one Poshpaws...... good work. See if you can up it to 27.5 mins next time or by like a 100m or what ever extra you think you can acheive.
02/08/2008 at 10:41

Cheers Simon,

Do you think the time of day you run makes any difference ?

02/08/2008 at 12:20

To be honest it makes a big difference for me. For a good long while I said I would get up early and run before work. When I tried it I missed loads of runs. So now I just have to run after work....... this way I actually enjoy it rather than dragging my sorry ass out of bed at 6am which is no fun at all.

As for the performance at different times of day, I'm really not sure.

04/08/2008 at 10:49

I normally run in the mornings, but recently have found it harder and harder to get up and out in the morning. I have start running in the afternoons, only problem is my boss isn't to keen on me take every afternoon off to go running. so I am going to try a run after work tonight.

04/08/2008 at 10:55
yeah, see how it goes. I just come in after work, have a couple of bits of fruit and a small drink, get changed then head straight out. I find it much easier to stick to my trinaing when I go out in the evenings.
05/08/2008 at 09:16

Cake - Ooooh the naughty buggers!

I don't have an e-mail i'm afraid..... I have only used the phone. Just have a look on the website and you'll find one no probs.

Well, all I can say is that I'm glad we've been lucky and our cheques have been banked and were running.

I hope you find a place somehow

05/08/2008 at 10:10

Morning

Went for a run last night, (gosh it was hot ) couldn't say it was any easier or hard than running in the mornings, but boy was I glad when i woke at 6 am this morning and was able to roll over and go back to sleep without feeling guilty.

Cake -if you feel really guilty you can donate your cheque to my charity

High heel shoes and handbags.com

posh x

05/08/2008 at 10:39

Posh,

It sounds like the evening running could be working for you then!!

I'm out tonight for an 8 miler to make up for my missed runs Sun & Monday..... i'm really looking forward to it actually.

05/08/2008 at 11:01

Yep, I'll be heading out again tonight, Raining here today so looking forward to getting wet for a change.

Then i've got an afternoon run with a PT tomorrow so that should be interesting !!

When doing longer runs do you listen to music ?

I   tried it in the past, but found myself singing out lound so thought it best not to subject people to my dreadful howling.

Posh

05/08/2008 at 11:03

Ha ha ha,

To be honest I always have an iPod hooked up what ever run i'm doing. I just find it boring without but I guess its each to their own.

Its raiing here too now, so should be nice and cooling.

How far are you going tonight?

05/08/2008 at 11:26

Just going to take it easy,

No more than five miles.

More interested in running without walking trying to push the time a little bit longer each time I do a shorter run.

I'm in work so keep playing on the formus to help past the time.

05/08/2008 at 15:05

Cake - No harm in getting excited from time to time

06/08/2008 at 10:23

Well I went out. Did my 8 miles 1hr 10mins, so i'm happy with that.

Talking of getting excited about gadgets..... i really want one of those nike plus things but I can't afford to buy new running shoes now so i'll have to wait.

How was your run  last night then posh?

1 to 20 of 296 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.