Hi, It's me again

Returning for a 3rd/4th time

3 messages
07/08/2012 at 10:27

Hi All,

After several false starts it's about time to give this another go.  My last attempt at plodding again was back in 2011 (April/May I think), it didn't go too well.  My target was to lose a stone (for starters) as I need to have a lumbar fusion (metal work and bone graft) and being as fit as possible will assist with recovery. 

Last year seemed to be a difficult year and instead of keeping up the running beer and cigarettes seemed to take over; not too sure why.

So over a year later I've managed to give up the smokes, I've lost nearly 2 stone through gym and my other love which is cycling.

Any way...enough waffling.

Mart

07/08/2012 at 11:00

Congrats on giving up the weed, losing all that weight, cycling and picking up running again! Am sure all of those will aid your recovery. I had a discectomy in 2002 and it took me 12 weeks to recover!

07/08/2012 at 11:28
Thanks Andi! 12 Weeks is pretty good going. I'm hoping to push for a 9 - 12 month recovery instead of the expected 18 months (due to my weight when I last saw the surgeon). Apparently the bone graft slows things down a bit. That's needed to stop the screws falling out.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.