Hi

5 messages
06/08/2012 at 22:24

Hi,

Just wanted t introduce myself, I'm Sam, I'm 22 and single mummy to a 19 month old little boy called Madden.

I used to run up until I was 18 but I then got injured horse riding (my other hobby/sport) met Madden's dad and then obviously had Madden.

So I'm now back as injury free and ready to start running on a hobby/semi serious level while I'm back at college.

So I have several aims:

• Lose a few inches (currently bust 37, waist 30 and hips 43)
  • Lose at least 1 stone
  • Enter and compete my first 5k in a sub 40minute time

07/08/2012 at 10:20

Hi Sammi,

When do you hope to run your first 5k?

Mart

07/08/2012 at 12:29

Hi Mart,

Looking at a few end of Sept/beginning of Oct although probably to do the time end of Oct is more realistic

Sam

07/08/2012 at 13:19

I've just been talking to a bloke at work and he recommended (if you have an iPhone) the Ease into 5K app; he has recently completed his first 10 miler.

I've just downloaded to give it a go.

07/08/2012 at 17:33

I've got the ease into 5k app and find it ok although much prefer devising my own training regime at the moment as I find it can get repetitive and boring

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.