Hill Training

2 messages
08/05/2010 at 18:24

Hello all

As I live in a quite flat area, I am thinking of doing some Hill training on a treadmill.  Does anybody do this and do you do it in place of a road session?

I have my first ever races soon, a 6k in a couple of weeks then a 5k in June and  want to get a good as time as possible.

08/05/2010 at 22:07
I tell you I ran hills all winter on my gym treadmill and it did me the world of good. I recently ran the race with undulating terrain and I must say it has paid off as I overtook many runners up the hills, some of them quite steep. On treadmill I start off at 0% incline and slow jog of maybe 9km/h and every minute increase the incline. By minute 10 when I am doing it at 10% it's hard. I stop at 10%. I repeat this whole thing 2,3 times with a few minutes slow jog in between for recovery.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.