how should I build up?

how should I build up?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
30/06/2013 at 20:16

I would extend one of your runs per week very gradually. Call this run your long run ans always aim to run it slower than the other two runs. Build it up to 30 to 40 mins. It will be useful to eventually run over 3 miles to help with 5k / parkruns (find out about parkruns if you haven't heard about them.

Let this all bed in before doing more. Then you can start to think about extending another run, or adding in a further run per week. An extra run didn't suit you last time, but you will be getting benefits from your long run. It might be a different outcome next time.

Screamapillar wrote (see
FWIW I considered myself a beginner until I ran a marathon, which was  four years after I started running.

Ouch - that was aimed straight at Mo Farah and Stevie G

30/06/2013 at 20:43
vin maratty wrote (see)

ifIf you search the site for 'jogging' it is mentioned 11000 times. 

Yeah, that's because it's a speed of running. If you look up "sprinting", which is also a speed of running you'll probably find just as many instances - but this isn't a website frequented by hundred metre runners.

But hey, you're not a beginner are you? So you already know that.

Anyway, bored now. Good luck with your progress.

Edited: 30/06/2013 at 20:49
30/06/2013 at 20:51

Go away, I am not interested in your 'contribution' screamer

30/06/2013 at 20:54

Also - ran, seems to be the mentality of this country doesn't it...people being more impressed by dribbling out a marathon than doing shorter stuff quick

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.