how to change mouth breath to nose breath?

5 messages
02/09/2012 at 08:30

hi all , i just started rununing 3 month ago , i feel like iam ont the top of the world, it is not  easy but i love the challenge , the issue iam concerned about is breathing , i loose breath easily , i do not smoke , iam  36 female , iam 5 5 , and i weight 135 so iam 15 pounds overweight , the thing is i breath from my mouth , how to change that , and how to build up speed , ? how to deal the lactic acid pain ? thanks lov eyou all

cougie    pirate
02/09/2012 at 11:31

You could duck tape up your mouth if you wanted to. But its easiest to just breathe through your mouth - you'll get air much easier that way. My mouth is far bigger than my nose!

As to building up speed - just keep up steady running - most runs to be done at a pace you could chat at.  It takes a bit of time, but you will get faster. Consistency is the key. 

Love you too !

02/09/2012 at 21:47

Dear cougie , thank you so much for your replay , so is it ok to breath from one's mouth ? i did unofficial 5 k in 26 mintues ,  my  goal is to do 10 k  in 3 month any reasonable time to finsih ? thankssssssssssss

02/09/2012 at 22:43

54'09" sounds right for a 10k based on your 5k time (well done btw). There are many calculators that estimate your time based on other race times - clicky

02/09/2012 at 23:08

dear andi thanks a million for you respond , you guys are the best , i feel so much encouraged and supported

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.