I am searching for a running club

5 messages
08/09/2002 at 21:55
Before the children started the summer holidays I managed to train myself enough to do the race for life. During the holidays i have lapsed and need the motivation of a group to put me back on the straight and narrow. The club needs to be within 10 to 15 miles of Blandford in Dorset, can anybody help me please.p.s kids back to school so I'm on the treadmill again so I'm not a completely lost cause.
09/09/2002 at 16:29
try www.runtrackdir.com - contains details of practically of every club and track in the UK
09/09/2002 at 16:46
Is Dorchester too far? The womens running network have a group there. Look on the web at

http://www.womensrunningnetwork.co.uk/

I recently met a number of their group leaders on a course, they were a good bunch. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to join.
10/09/2002 at 13:44
Gillingham Joggers meet on Tuesday nights in Gillingham! Dorset Doddlers meet in Sturminster Newton on I think Thursday nights.

If you go to the web site Runners Web Uk and click on the clubs section both of these are listed. Each of these is within the distance you specified from Blandford.
10/09/2002 at 17:56
thanks everybody they all sound fairly good, just dorchester a bit too far, will let you know how i get on

jillybean

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.