I just went out and did it

First road race in 15 years

3 messages
04/09/2002 at 20:39
Well I read people's replies to my last post about returning to running and saw that there was a local 5K race coming up, so I decided to enter.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The atmosphere was good and somehow I managed to run at an even pace, even though my first run was only a month ago (I have kept some fitness in the meantime). Splits were 4:30, 4:40, 4:50, 5:00, 4:30 giving 23:30, which I was very pleased with.

So the next step is to join a club. If anyone knows about the clubs in Peterborough perhaps they could drop me a line to let me know at ab1819@lineone.net.

Most of all, it was fun and a good workout.
04/09/2002 at 21:16
Forrest, my initial thoughts were...GOD that's pretty impressive mile splits, must be Forrest Gump!

For your first 5k, after such a short comeback time - what a brilliant result. No wonder your pleased.

I don't know of any clubs down your way but the following web site may be useful.

www.runtrackdir.com/ukclubs/
04/09/2002 at 21:22
Bravo! Impressive start. And tell us about the club you will find. Well done. Marj

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.