I must be mad??

21 to 25 of 25 messages
25/07/2013 at 12:19

It's a huge field of about 54,000, with runners and walkers of all abilities.

That's how I guarantee you won't be last, not by a long way 

25/07/2013 at 12:23

Excellent, nothing to worry about then ha ha

25/07/2013 at 12:36

Good Luck Dave

I hope it goes well for you and well done for getting out there.

Be sure you check the application form and what details your friend entered on it. In the unlikely event of an incident the race officials will think you are somebody else. You may need to inform them that you have changed placess, as insurance,blood groups, NOK may come into it (but unlikely).

If your friend tells people who sponsored him/her, and asks if they are happy for you to run instead. I am sure it will be fine.

My son pulled out of an event and I ran in his place, we contacted sponsors and had no worries.

It could be your mate just wants to get you out there.

26/07/2013 at 13:16

So I did the same course again last night, took 5 mins longer this time but that was because I walked a bit more because my legs were tired from the night before.

Going to do the run the other way around because theres a long steady hill that I have been going down so its time to go up and see how that feels. 

30/07/2013 at 11:20

DG - How far and often are you running?

I am in training for the GNR and my longest run this year was on Sunday 9.6 miles and I felt ok so am happy with that

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.