I read a book

6 messages
12/07/2012 at 11:54

Hi all, I read a book last week(don't know if I can name it so I won't) about a chap who said he couldn't swim, ride or run, I think he hangs around here sometimes.

Anyway it inspired me because I cant do any of those things either, well actually I can just not very well.  So I decided to have a go myself.  I've just signed up to the local gym and am looking forward to getting started.  I'm posting here as a way of recording my progress and hopefully getting to chat to like minded people.

Just as a side note I mentioned my enthusiasm to a work colleague and after he stopped smirking he asked if I was going to be an Ironman, yes I said. O god.......

12/07/2012 at 12:11

Andy's on here - his name's "IronHolgs" -you'll normally find him on "fatman to ironman" or some of the pirate threads.

I found his book really inspiring too - it really reminded me how anyone can do it - they just need the determination to do it!

12/07/2012 at 12:14

Well hopefully I'll get to thank Andy one day on giving me the push I needed to get started, and anyone else I encounter along the way.

12/07/2012 at 20:54

I've also read that book and thought it was a great read and very inspiring also.

13/07/2012 at 10:56

Which book is it?  It sounds just the thing I need right now?

13/07/2012 at 14:35

Hi Ickle Legs, its called Can't swim, can't ride, Can't run.  Andy Holgate (Ironholgs) the chap that wrote it posts on the forums here.  I thought it was a great read

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.