Improving my stamina...

i'm not seeing any results

41 to 42 of 42 messages
29/01/2012 at 23:59
i am a very new runner, i am training to join the army. i have also just quit smoking a couple of weeks ago so find my chest gets really tight anyway. i have found that these posts are very useful but aswell as building up my stamina/endurance, i also need to manage speed. i need to be able to run 1.5 miles and manage it with ease within 12 minutes 45 seconds but i am aiming for 9 minutes flat. i am aware that this will take time but does anyone know the best way to get a result in all three aspects? stamina, endurance and speed?
30/01/2012 at 01:53
You need to get your arse outside, run on roads/trails/grass/track and dump the dreadmill!  If you ever decide to do a race and all your training has been on the 'mill, you'll find it sooooo difficult!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 42 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.