Is 5k really possible

21 to 24 of 24 messages
05/05/2012 at 17:43

Hi Sunday, cannot fault the advice that's been given. Take it all in like I did and after a while it will all fall into place, you will be so proud of yourself, and you will either get "the bug" and carry on to do more races or if it is not for you, you will know by then. Like everyone has said, slowly and surely does it, but most of all enjoy!!

M...eldy, what does pirate mean next to your post?? Keep seeing it everywhere but hav'nt a clue! 

Pethead    pirate
05/05/2012 at 19:35

Pirate = RW forum triathlete, 'True' Pirate = RW forum Ironman Triathlete.  

05/05/2012 at 19:55

Ok, cheers Pethead.

06/05/2012 at 07:34

Very do-able, but build up like everyone says.

I started with in November gone with a 13-week programme to get to 10k from The Beginning Runner's Handbook - that worked for me. At the time, it was a slog to run one minute, walk four minutes and repeat the planned number ot times. Six months since my first run after 24 years and I'm off for a nine mile trail run this morning, got my second 10k and a trail half marathon in June, and building up for the Kielder Marathon in October.

Just make sure you're enjoying the experience - even if it's a battle in the early weeks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.