Is a 12 minute/mile a good time for a beginner?

21 to 29 of 29 messages
31/10/2002 at 16:25
Umm, don't know whether anyone has mentioned this, but keep some kind of training log. You'll look back and be amazed at how far you have come.
31/10/2002 at 16:50
Trickle

You can do all that + food analysis, goal setting etc at www.fitday.com

I have been going on about this all day but its really good & FREE

Cheers

WG
31/10/2002 at 20:16
Interesting thread this one.It has described me in one way or another.
1.Beginner-ish...well i last ran in 1981!And have just started again.
2.Overweight...Big style 16.5 stone.
3.12 minute miler, or there abouts.
4.And my nemesis,sore shins.

I am training on grass at the moment (not the medicinal type)and hope it helps to lessen the chance of injury.Three weeks now and so far so good, of following the Runners World beginners schedule.
I will keep a watch on this thread and perhaps post back with my progress.
31/10/2002 at 21:00
I've never really posted to newsgroups (and I've worked in the computer industry for 8 years), but these threads seem to have attracted my interest. The whole website is pretty cool actually.

...but you guys know all this so I'll shut up and get back on the cycle machine..only another 300 cals to go...

Big (but getting smaller) G
31/10/2002 at 21:02
Keep going Big G! We'll look out for when you change your nickname!
31/10/2002 at 21:17
Wheezer Good
I checked out the web site - thanks a million! Its brill and free. I feel inspired by you all. Anyone fancy creating our own on line slimming group?
31/10/2002 at 21:19
Short answer

Yup.
01/11/2002 at 12:06
Re: www.fitday.com
Found another site more tailored to us in the UK:

www.weightlossresources.co.uk

its got most of the foods available in the UK, but it COSTS!! £7 per month.

I'm sticking to www.fitday.com as I've entered most of the foods I eat on a regular basis (yes I know, I need to get
out more...and I will if it ever stops
raining!)

Again, I'm nothing to do with this website but a big thanks to whoever it was who suggested it in the first place!

Big (2lbs lighter than yesterday ?!?) G
01/11/2002 at 14:50
FL

go to Health and injury and join the thread that is fat/fit club which has a different name each day - today is Buxom Beauties and join in !

ps good luck with fair fit and fifty - im going to be fast fit and forty next year - not fat fed up and forty!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.