Is this your 1st Marathon, no matter which one

anyone doing their first marathon other than the VLM?

141 to 160 of 237 messages
05/04/2013 at 16:27
Hi Sinbad113,
I got the forerunner 110 nice looking watch, going out later to try it. A walk is as good as anything you will soon get going again, keep at it.
Edited: 05/04/2013 at 16:29
05/04/2013 at 19:14

Hi All,

Good let us know how you get on with it .

Yes it was only 8 minutes of my old 45 minues for 5k. I know that seems slow, but I don't think people realise just how hilly it is where I live.

Believe me I intend to.

Enjoy your run.

I was going to have a few beers and watch the Grand National in the pub. I hope I don't now though. I'm going to my boat on Wednesday, and I'm picking up my new outboard engine, I'm moving my boat moorings, and belive me, itwill take me all day to do that, and run inbetween days.

Hope everyone is okay?

06/04/2013 at 09:16
Hi All,
I used the Garmin and it did well I'm well impressed with it. I did 8.5 miles in 1hr 10mins so I'm very happy with the way things are going, bring on Chester half lol.
06/04/2013 at 12:55

Hi All,

I'm glad it went well with Garminn. And full of high spirits its good to see.

When is the Chester HM Paul? Hope okay to use your first name?

06/04/2013 at 13:52
Hi Sinbad113,
Yeah your welcome to use my first name, Chester half is May 12th not too long now.
06/04/2013 at 14:01

Hi All,

I have done a 15 mile run, but I have to admit I found it a struggle. Its so easy to get caught up with everyone elses marathons HM etc, that you can overstretch yourself.

You never know Paul Chester is quite flat so you may get a PB?

06/04/2013 at 14:23
Hi,
Yeah I'm going for a sub 2hr I did 2hrs 2mins at Silverstone HM last month so I hope to get better than that.
06/04/2013 at 17:34

Hi All,

Wow I'm impressed. I'm sure you will get somewhere close or even surpass your goal.

I hoping to just do a 5k jog walk Sunday, I'm just trying to take one run at a time

07/04/2013 at 10:09
Hi All,
I did some cross training this morning, a 15 mile bike ride with one long hill in it, it was a good work out.
07/04/2013 at 10:50

Managed a few miles on Friday. Could feel a tiny niggle, but jsut felt brilliant to be running.

Today was, in theory, final LSR day. I'm sitting in my running gear contemplating what to do - go for 5-10k easy, or do something longer. Impossible to know what's the right thing to do, don't want to be underprepared and don't want to risk my injury coming back. Think I'll have to go out (with a bus ticket in my pocket!) and see how it goes.

Got a few friends running Paris today, watching their progress online is quite addictive!

07/04/2013 at 11:17

Hi All,

Paul good going.

Russellelly, its good  your thinking about going with a money for the bus, hope it goes well for you training wise for today, let us know what and how you deciided on what to do.

I ummed and arred about going out today, but I hae decided to leave it till Monday.

I have made an offer on a live aboard boat.I have offored £1,200 on their asking price of £1,600.

I explained I would pay in  3 installments. The price and how I would pay is the crunch point. But if you Don't ask you don't find out. I also asked about mooring fees where she is lying in Southampton.

Running at 9am Monday a gentle 5k

07/04/2013 at 15:39

Fids is right, the NY Marathon will be my first. 

I had never ran in my life until the 3rd December, and I am running the Madrid Rock n Roll half marathon on the 28th of this month. Training has gone well and I have been amazed at the progress I have made over 4 months.

07/04/2013 at 16:28

Hi All,

Well done with the training, the Madrid Hm sounds amazing. Keep going

I must admit my training has been mixed. I can walk jog  15 miles. But storms and blizzards, having the virus and flu, has put paid  to my training over winter. I will keep at it though.

Let us know how the continued training goes for you, these next couple of weeks? David Gutteridge.

07/04/2013 at 16:45

David Gutteridge 2 wrote (see)

Fids is right, the NY Marathon will be my first. 

I had never ran in my life until the 3rd December, and I am running the Madrid Rock n Roll half marathon on the 28th of this month. Training has gone well and I have been amazed at the progress I have made over 4 months.

Wow, NY should be an incredible first marathon. Good luck!

My run today was a mixed bag - just did 4k in the end, could feel some pain and although I could have definitely gone a lot further, I didn't want to take any risks. Iced again, and physio tomorrow. Still trying to stay positive and optimistic though

Edited: 07/04/2013 at 16:46
07/04/2013 at 22:16

Hi all. Did Lsr 22 miles this morning, up at 5 and out at 6. Have heard people talk about delayed muscle soreness/pain but i get instant stiffness/soreness as soon as i stop running, despite stretching, ice on knees and a hot bath. Does anyone else suffer with this?

David G. You've got plenty of time to get into good shape, you should do well.

All of you hang in there with your training. Patience will pay off.

(God i'm knackered, starting to feel my age)

08/04/2013 at 08:46

Hi All,

Russellelly slow butsure, your doing the right thing with your injury.

David Gutteridge, thats going to one hell of a marathon in NY go for it.

Fids from listenning to other runners soreness seems to hit people in similar situation  with soreness like yourself. So I feel your not alone on that one.

I'mmaking a phone call (the usual) at 9am then hopeful go for a slow 5k. Forecast is for possible snow shower. Here we go again lol

Hope all okay?

08/04/2013 at 12:27

Hi All,

Well I got a time of 48.09 moving time this morning. I'm pleased with that.

Hope everyone are going well with training today.

08/04/2013 at 17:32
Hi All
I'm having a rest day today, I've covered 45 miles this week, I'll be out again tomorrow, and I've got my sister to train up for race for life in June. Keep on running everyone
08/04/2013 at 21:57

Hi all

Haven't been around for a while and my training has been a bit up and down. However I managed 17 miles this morning, the last 2 of which were a mix of run walk. I was out by about 6.15 just as it was getting light so the run was mostly enjoyable!

Hope everybody's injuries clear up and you can all enjoy the remainder of your training and the marathon as well.

09/04/2013 at 20:08
Hi All,

Sorry not been about for a while. Glad to hear everyone's training is going well.

I'm now tapering for Brighton FM this Sunday and done a 15 mile LSR on 1st April which went really well and was very enjoyable but has taken its toll on my knees..!! I only managed one 40 minute run last week on Friday as I felt like my knees needed resting and I was due to do 8 miles on Sunday just gone but the knees were still a little painful so I decided on more rest.

Just come back from a short half hour easy run this evening and my knees are still painful and now I'm thinking that I'm not going to be able to get halfway through it on Sunday...!! Feeling really stressed now...!! Am hoping that I can take a couple of ibuprofen before I start and they'll help me get through it.....I can't give up now....I've trained so hard and I've raised money for charity...!!

Going to book a doctors appointment in the morning as I'm sure it just tendonitis but done want to end up not being able to run anymore.
141 to 160 of 237 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.