Is using a gym beneficial

21 to 22 of 22 messages
06/03/2013 at 10:39

In terms of specfically trying to improve strength in your legs - running up hills with do this.  You don't need to do killer hill sessions though (at first anyway) - just make sure there are a few on your normal route.

You also cannot beat squats and lunges for leg strength and push ups for your core and arms - you don't need a gym for any of those.

06/03/2013 at 11:32

Taxi Driver: I have a 10k coming up at the end of March. So far I have done 5.5 miles but it's a flat course so I have no doubt I can't push myself up to 6. I also have a half marathon in Oct & would potentially like to run a marathon next spring. Is this realistic? I have been doing sporadic kettle bell workouts, but I think I will knuckle down & get myself a good programme to follow with them and just concentrated on my running.

GymAddict: Ok thanks, I will add some hill training into my running. I have been using kettle bells occasionaly but I guess I should find a proper workout using these focusing on my legs & core and start incorporating this into my weekly schedule. Do you have anything you could reccomend?

Thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.