Jeez....did 11.46miles yesterday!!!

Training for a marathon in Oct.

3 messages
11/06/2012 at 15:50

Well my hubby pushed me into it.  Said it was only a 10mile run....turned out to be 11.46!!!  Talk about pushing it!!  BUT I did it and to be honest I am so glad I did!  I would never have taken the plunge to go that far if he hadn't pushed me.  The most I have run is 8.5miles a few weeks ago and to be honest, Ive been abit crap since...only doing 10Ks at the most.  So it was a massive step up for me. 

I won't lie, I did walk a few times but I never wanted to bail out and give up.  I just kept going and did it in bang on 2 hours. 

I did learn alot about it though.  I need to sort out my nutrition.  I didn't eat anything substantial enough the night before and only ate half a banana in the morning as we set off at 7am.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their marathon training for Oct!

11/06/2012 at 18:19

11/06/2012 at 19:04

Well done............but , a word of caution, don't push through the distances too quickly and end up damaged- allow yourself to drop back mileage- wise every 3 weeks or so, and try to limit the total increase to about 10% perweek.

Good luck!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.