Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

201 to 220 of 15,643 messages
04/01/2012 at 21:38

mango slices please

Ermmm, have any of you ever fancied an adventure race..... have a funny kind of urge to do one and I've found one in Oxfordshire on a Saturday. It's quite expensive, but if we could get a team of 10 then the cost comes down.....

Horseplay

04/01/2012 at 21:52
near me chili....hmmm i wonder...........
04/01/2012 at 21:54

mmmm cinammon bread and grapes pleasei just fell asleep whilst reading to miss llb oops ,is tht a sign of old age?..franny, aw you were good to even attempt going to club! id have stayed in-well i did coz nuffin was dragging me out there!

tomorrow is a better day me thinks and forecast for sunday is good toowoohoo!!!!!!!!

04/01/2012 at 22:06
chili..did you read tht thread where someone is asking what eevents qualify thm to enter the WESTERN STATES 100MILER?......as i was reading it i was thinking these guys are discussing hardcore ultras in chamonix/UTMB etc...it dawned on me that NDW50/100  carries 2 qualifying points for Western states!!!!!! OMG!!!! erm, i finks we have entered the hardcore zone -hhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelpppppppppppp
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
04/01/2012 at 22:14
Lou - lol yes NDW is a WSU qualifier

Chilli - the race the weekend before from the same company is the one I'm doing, the mighty deerstalker (although does involve a mountain since in Scotland) also have checked maps from people doing last year and the 10km is actually 10 miles!! Two weekends in a row is likely not to be popular at home

RR - glad you like the Myofusion, you can even bake with it but that's a little further down the line...

Lou - nutrient macros in FGS vs. Myo are quite different, as a sports recovery drink FGS is a little light on the carbs and low on protein, Myo is high on protein and low in carbs, you can then add your own carbs to macro level you want

Got to go I have some Flour/wheat free banana nut honey Myofusion cakes in the oven, need to start reducing carbs again to reduce Christmas bulk again!
04/01/2012 at 22:17

gastank..so i guess for me the FGS are better? i am not trying to look like fatima whitbread here y'know guys just repair muscle, avoid injury ...anything else i can be eating/drinking to deal with the miles?

....i will eat any excess cake you have gastank

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
04/01/2012 at 23:08
Yes Lou, I would say FGS is fine for all of us following a normal running activity, however you still may wish to consider upping your protein intake following long sessions over and above FGS, thinking as you start increasing the mileage - the primary goal of protein post workout is preserve and repair muscle not to necessarily build it....

If I remember correctly think of it this way carbs to fuel the engine, protein to repair it... In my case years of carb abuse resulting in stored fat, means I need to teach my body to fuel itself from the reserve tanks

Put down the BNF and do some reading on protein/nutrient partitioning and anabolic windows for extra fun in the evening I think you would enjoy it, you seem the obsessive type
04/01/2012 at 23:19
Sorry - can't read back, I'm exhausted from trying to keep up with 'Ethan Hunt'aka Tom Cruise in the latest Mission Impossible film! It was great fun and well worth a cinema ticket.

Noticed a mention of adventure racing at the top of the page... I've done a couple in 3-man teams and they were brilliant! Mine were in December though and involved freezing water and mud! Sadly I wouldn't be able to get to Oxford for one

Hope everyone is well and happy. Sympathies to those with injury and illness.

I'll be able to pay more attention at weekends hopefully - I don't get much time on weekdays.

Today's favourite bit of lunch was an iced, apple filled doughnut. Nomnom.
05/01/2012 at 06:15
Last off, first on...

Morning all.

Tis still blowing a gale here. This weather gives me a rotten headache.
I'm just off to fix horse fences in the dark and then it's a long day at work for me.

Hope you all have a good day.
05/01/2012 at 07:34

morning all...gosh limper, fixing fences in the dark?i take my hat off to you, i couldnt do the horsey thing....my MIL is horsey lady, i on the other hand...am not...we went to her stables in Germanyand over here and i remember my Father-IL and i not being terribly impressed. he had his suit on as he had popped up frm work and i had 4 inch stillettos and a nice dress,it was rather amusing to everyone else as we tried to stand in the only 'clean ' spot in the stable grounds lol....we made a sharp exit

gastank, i have a little magazine frm menshealth tht i kept fee weeks ago as it was all about muscles etc...ahem....i will read it again

happy running anyone who dares to run in this wind today...im off to work again,although im really needing to run...i hate missing weekday runs.

hello franny, phantom, dj, boss, angel,jude,ecky, smut, saz,matt,spartak, by'eck,RR, mathschick-anyone else!!!!!!!!

05/01/2012 at 07:41
........*whispers*....and ive nearly lost my voice this morning too.....
05/01/2012 at 08:12

Morning.

Aw  Loula....do you need me to help you find  your voice????

Limper...You were up early and fixing fences in the dark too....

Phantom...you running this morning????

I am going to venture out for a run this morning once I get a few things done that need doing....although its still pretty horrible out there.

By Eck...Hope you manage your early run this morning?

Mathschick....Did you manage to get out early for your run today?

Ecky...How's the foot today?

Jude...Where are you???? Hope your okay???

Hi AF,Chilli,Gastank.Mathshick,RR,DJ and all.

Will check in later once I have ran.

05/01/2012 at 08:21
No early run this morning. Weather is still really bad here and I didn't fancy trying to deal with fallen branches, fences and other random items in the dark. I'm hoping my mum can babysit later so I can run. Even an hour would be good. Otherwise, I will get out tomorrow as it is nursery day!
05/01/2012 at 08:25
Yeah ByEck..it is still pretty bad but i am hoping it will clear up by mid morning so as I can get out for a good run.......going to walk to supermarket in a wee bit so will test the lie of the land then.
05/01/2012 at 08:42
There are some snowdrops out already so I will be taking the child out for a nature walk.it might not be a run, but I think a good walk pushing a pushchair can be good X-training
05/01/2012 at 08:42

good morning all

No runnings for me today franny but a gym session later Hope you have a good run.

Anybody out there today be careful please is slipppperrrry.

I'm not very horsey either.erm last time i fell offsomething about a girth strap i do like the aminals though.

Have great days friends.

05/01/2012 at 09:16
Morning all,

just back from a windy and slow 4.8 miles. Drying up,but, gusty. Hope everyone has a good day....will report back in full later....off to meeting now.
Edited: 05/01/2012 at 09:16
05/01/2012 at 09:49

MOOOOOOOOORNIN.

Well Yesterday was eventful in our house. Had the Dreaded phone call that Middle Ecky had been sick at School so I had to go and get her. Half an hour there and Back as the School is a good distance away.

Gets her on Settee snuggled with Quilt and pillows then settled down to wait for Little Ecky to get home. Gets him off his bus and he too is sick so he is also on Settee.

Big Girl goes off to concert and gets picked up my my friend and after being dropped off also get sick. I have been ruuning between them all night  I am pooped so we are having a duvet day.

Franny its just my heel that is still sore but I did a bit of rushing round yesterday. I am going to ice it again today and see how it is.

Hi By Eck yeh it seems windy here today too.

Hi Loula. I must admit I dont like Horses.My cousin is Horse Mad and lives on a Stud Farm (think thats what they all it) and she one took me out on one.I couldnt walk for 2 days and hated being up so high.

Hi Phantom enjoy the Gym later.

I may go for a little walk to the post office later just to get some fresh air.

Have a good Day all.

05/01/2012 at 10:05

Good Morning!

Hope everyone has survived walking out their front door today. Limper - hope you managed to fix your fences.

Ecky - hope you get some sleep today and everyone feels better soon.

For once I have a quiet and empty house. It is wonderful..... so must crack on with loads of work... have three different groups to prepare for.... really wish I could just curl up with a good book though.... the silence is sooooooo nice...

05/01/2012 at 10:26
Morning Chill and Thanks. Shame you have so muh to do today. Would be lovely just to curl up. I need to get stuff done too today.I suppose its a good opportunity.
201 to 220 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.