Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

281 to 300 of 15,643 messages
06/01/2012 at 11:06
Ooops Hi Chilli...didn't see you there.........Glad wee smidge is feeling better and that she wants to eat...that's agood sign.
06/01/2012 at 14:36

afternoon, all..gosh a lot of chatter has gone on this morning!..chili thats great you will run with limper..what run is it? i get all excited too when i keep thinking of summer and the training

by'eck are all well now in your household? ecky too? are they back at school?

gastank, i found 2 really squashed mars bars in the bottom of one of my run bags looks fine though so i'll keep em for the marathon

phantom..you are lucky with your free lunches-wish my boss did tht!!

franny, you are going to in such good shape by may for your mara..have you a time in mind? the weather is better here today, much less windy, is it ok up in scotland?

AF, have you got any pics for us yet?

jude , i am ok i think-not 100%, felt all fuzzy headed today and just tired..hope i dnt get full blown cold

06/01/2012 at 15:17

Afternoon all,

Been off air for 24 hours and see loads and loads of posts so hopefully I haven't missed anything. I see there is a lot of illness around so hopefully everyone and their familes are ok and coping.

LLB-HELP!!! I can't get work out the pictures AT ALL I AM USELESS AT TECHNOLOGY!!! Please can you cut and paste some that you found on the Trionium Knacker Cracker for me. PLEASE PLEASE and you can misbehave all weekend!!  I am in No's 8,101,160-1,289 & 503 please select the most Dean like ones!!!  Thanks. What distance have you aimed foe this weekend?Also congrats to Miss LLB you must be a proud Mummy?

Mathschich-Well done on your 2 3 milers. Any distance is good and gets miles under your belt. This time of the year weather can be so pants that short sharp runs may be all that is possible.

byeck-please to here that the household is getting better.    

Phantom-Well done on your gym session. I have a hear rate monitir with my Garmin but never wear it? Do you find it comfortable?

Franny-Hi. You have a great memory- I ran with the ladiis this morning and did 6.5 miles and am running with them again on the South Downs on Sunday for a 11.5 mile run.

Chilli- South Downs Martahon also incorperates a 1/2 Marathon so may be up for that as Petersfield is only 45-50 minute drive for me. Am doing another 1/2 on the Downs in May as well.

Jude-Brokeback Mountain I am sorry was not for me. I found it rather boring and the subject wasn't really my cup of tea!!!!

Hi to limper,DJ,Ecky etc etc....... 

Edited: 06/01/2012 at 15:18
06/01/2012 at 15:27

hello AF, yes boss i will go now and look for your pics....does tht gain me brownie points?*polishes halo*

...im felling a little rough today, was going to do 6miles after school but am thinking id better nt wreck myself...tomorrow i think i will do 13 and 15 if feeling ok

chili........*sidles up to chili cautiously*...i know we havnt done NDW50 yet but if we do ok, then shall we go for ndw100 next year?

06/01/2012 at 15:38

LLB-Yes you will get brownie points and can misbhave & trash Littlehampton and find Spartak!!  

06/01/2012 at 15:39

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/8.jpg?width=240&height=160&mode=max

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/289.jpg?width=240&height=160&mode=max

da boss..in flight mode............
06/01/2012 at 15:40

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/503.jpg?width=240&height=160&mode=max

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/504.jpg?width=240&height=160&mode=max

AF, this is you isnt is boss? i forgot to ask your race number !! the numbers you gave me didnt correspond with wht i was looking at so i just scrolled through until i found who i thought was you!!
06/01/2012 at 15:42

guys, when are you doing these south downs mara thingys in may etc? im stuck for ones to do in june and juky and need a taper run for the 50miler in august....let me know whn and where and i could make it down for either a HM with the boss or full mara with you girls

06/01/2012 at 16:59
Thanks LLB that is me. So please take me through again how you post these!!!! Naughty behaviour allowed this weekend.  The Three Forts 1/2 is on 6/5 there is also a full marathon & the South Downs once is on 9/6. Would be great if you could enter one of these. I am definetly aiming to enter the 6/5 one and will be running 11.5 miles of the course on Sunday & hope subject to Mrs AF approval the 9/6 one as well.
06/01/2012 at 17:30

ok...i went to the website with your pics, right click the pic and 'save picture as'...this should then send it to a file on your p.c ie a oicture gallery where you would normally upload your photos.

then come back to RW and click on the tree icon above

this then gives you 3 tabs...select 'from your computer'.

then select'browse'

from there go to your gallery/pic folder on your p.c and choose the pic you want to upload thats it.

06/01/2012 at 17:34
Thanks it seems to all go wrong at the browse stage on my laptop and don't have atree icon on my mac!!!! I will give it another go on my laptop.
06/01/2012 at 17:36

what icons do you have other thn tree?

the browse option should take you to the 'select file' part that is normally on your desktop/homepage....

06/01/2012 at 17:55
Hi all a bit late joining the thread but have got a couple of 5k runs under my belt this week this year is definitely about going further as I got a place at London so however I get round I will have a marathon PB in the meantime I have the Alsager 5 next month then the Wilmslow half at the end of march.

Oh and cakewise Morrisons cream filled choc muffins are my weakness closely followed by the Ginger cake that was given out at the end of a race I did last year
06/01/2012 at 18:05
Hi jshrew and welcome. You will enjoy this thread.

LLB-The icons I have are b I U link image- nothing happens when I press on image.
06/01/2012 at 18:29

hello jshrew!!*waves*...fancy popping over my way from Bucks and doing some looooonggg runs?

boss, i dunno then...you have a different set up to mine then..but i am more thn happy to post any  future  race pics  etc on here for you of you let me know where they are and when

06/01/2012 at 18:44

good evening guys and welcome jshrew

Hiya Loula and AF

I wore my monitor strap for the first time at the gym but it feel ok and ill run with it tomorrow.

My trainer wants me to wear it all the time including races he reckons i should run using my heart rate zones as a mark

06/01/2012 at 18:46
Hey jshrew! Welcome. It's always good to have new cake loving runners.
Loula,your pic makes me think of summer I only have the options AF describes but I use my phone
06/01/2012 at 18:48
oh yes and its the WEEEKENDDDDDDDDDDD
06/01/2012 at 18:48

Lovely photos boss!

Oooo this is getting fun! Is the 9th June going to be a CRAC Team outing. Here is the link Loula. I deffinitely think you should come and join us and your little Miss can play with mine too. South Downs It will be a perfect training run for the Ultra. and there is medal and t-shirt. Limper I've done a race with this event organiser before too and it was very well put on. We will have to have cake to celebrate! Byeck - if you're not up to the the half marathon there is a 5k race too. And my hubby and kids will be around to play with yours. So why don't you join us since you live so close?

Jude I don't supose that is the time when you are coming home from Turkey is it? If so then you could run the marathon with us ladies!

What a happy thought - it's distracting me from yet more bad news from my girls school... My twins are going to have 4 teachers covering their class this term . My big girl has 2 teachers on job share and both are pregnant again and going on maternity leave at Easter. In the 3 years we have been here they have been messed around every year.

Hi Jshrew - welcome! Great to have you join us

06/01/2012 at 18:52
sorry geographically inept Chili where are the south downs?
281 to 300 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.