Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

321 to 340 of 15,643 messages
06/01/2012 at 20:27

mmm, forgot to say that I went for a run today! Cooked dinner but left hubby to dish it up so I could get my 5 miles in.

Now I need to get off the forum and start the work I couldn't do this morning cos I was playing with Smidge.

06/01/2012 at 20:29
well done you
06/01/2012 at 20:35
South downs is a bit hillier from my recollection but a lot will depend on the route. All equally beautiful. Whether you run north or south downs, you will be spoilt for views! We live in an amazing part of the country.
Desperately hoping for a run tomorrow. Had a lovely walk after school with little miss today and definitely feeling better
06/01/2012 at 21:58
Hmm, I have decided I need a race between now and Milton keynes. I enjoy trail running and multi-terrain stuff but think I should get some experience of road racing. Any suggestions guys?
06/01/2012 at 22:45
I can't even pretend to keep up with all the posts on this thread so please forgive me if I continue to not respond to everything that is said!
I manage a skim read and pick up on the gist of things though!

To those with primary school nippers suffering non-continuity of teachers I sympathise. My limpettes had rubbish secondary teaching (not rubbish teachers per se, just badly administered) but I believe they survived it due to their excellent primary base.
On the subject of school etc., I will be off forum-land most of the weekend while I transport #1 back to uni. #2 went back last week. Then I shall be a lonesome frog again

I recall reading once that South Down mara is about the third hardest southern marathon. I've done Beachy Head and that was tougher!
OK - just checked my garmin and it was nearly 5000 ft of ascent at SD last year!
Sounds like there will be a few of us there this year. Meeting beforehand works well as does communally lying around in the sun at the finish line! I'm happy to keep other slow people company throughout (just under 5 hours last year, road mara times approx 4.5 hrs).

By 'eck - is it you that lives in Hampshire and when did you want an event? I know of a few in the New Forest.

There's probably been another billion posts since I started typing this message!
Edited: 06/01/2012 at 22:46
06/01/2012 at 23:04
Just noticed that my edited bit didn't add on for some reason.
Anyway, it was for Mathschick...

Triathlons - wear your sports bra for the swim.
I've done some leisure centre based sprints and the general method seemed to be, swim in sports bra and cozzie (assuming you don't have a tri-suit), slip running shorts and top straight over your wet stuff in transition 1, plus shoes and crash hat obviously, then just lose the hat in transition 2. Some ladies cycled in their swimming stuff and added running kit in T2, I guess that's just personal choice for how much you want on for the bike and what the weather is like.

Nightnight all.
07/01/2012 at 07:17
3.2 miles d&d. Started feeling a bit achey so cut it short. Did get asked by 2 police officers in a squad car if I was ok because I went from doing some fartleks to walking
07/01/2012 at 07:40

Morning!

Well done Byeck

Off to Parkrun this morning.

Happy Running everyone!

07/01/2012 at 07:44

Good morning gang

The lads could have given you a lift home by'eck mind you if two police officers saw me in my all black outfit complete with cape and mask they would probably arrest me

4.5 miles with 2.5 miles slow and 2 miles faster a la schedule.Nice out there not too cold guys.

Off to watch footy later.

Have a great morning friends.

07/01/2012 at 08:00
Certainly not cold out there. I was overdressed in my layers, hat and gloves.
Well, children mucked up my plans for post run essentials - like changing and showering. Does anyone else have to be 'supervised'?
07/01/2012 at 08:12

morning all

limper - thanks for the transition info - doesn't your wet bra chaff when you are running or has it normally dried off from the bike ride by then?

well, no run for me today, but going to do spinning and a bit of gym work, better get ready actually

have a lovely day everyone

07/01/2012 at 08:28
Do you enjoy spinning Mathschick? I went a couple of times and found it torture. I'd rather sit on an exercise bike and cycle whilst watching my husband try to sew.
07/01/2012 at 08:40

this will be the fourth time I have gone, and no, I can't say I enjoy it, but I think it is a good workout and makes me do something a bit different to running. The saddle is particularly uncomfortable! I have never really enjoyed any kind of 'exercise class' - I think I like being on my own! I also hate the music they play at these things..... oh, sounds like I am talking myself out of it! Well, I am going to give it a go and see, while my mileage is lower it is good for me to do it I think, but I do find myself clock watching and counting down for the end! If that continues by the end of the month I'll just go to the gym instead.

Am hoping that when my ankle is totally sorted I will start doing parkruns on Saturdays, maybe next week if this weeks mileage goes well...

07/01/2012 at 08:49
No loulabell this morning i hope her cold hasnt gone full blown
07/01/2012 at 09:00
She is probably still out on her run. She usually leaves quite early but goes for ages and ages and ages..........
07/01/2012 at 09:06
ok hope so
07/01/2012 at 09:18

Morning.

Been Lurking as still not running.

I have decided to ring Docs on Mon and am going to go Boxing Swimming and ycling to keep my fitness up. Im bak on my Slimming World diet so I dont put all ym weight back on.

Hope everyone has a good Weekend.

07/01/2012 at 09:22

take it easy Ecky

Wishing you and all at Ecky mansions better

07/01/2012 at 09:24
Ecky, I shocked myself how quickly I put weight back on but managed to lose 1kg this week. Hope the docs ares sympathetic and help
07/01/2012 at 10:45

Thanks Phantom. I will behave I promise . Its just sooooooo frustrating though. I hope our likkle Loula is OK too.

I hope so too By Eck. He is a nie Doctor though.I will just be honest and tell hime that if I dont run you will be having to pay for my councelling .lol.

321 to 340 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.