Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

21 to 40 of 15,643 messages
01/01/2012 at 11:20

Limper a mile is more than Im guna do today . My idea was to get rid of all the wine before today so that I could start 2012 healthy. I suppose tipping it down the sink would have been a better idea than drinking the lot. Lesson Learned.

Happy New Year Gastank. Sounds like you had a good night.

01/01/2012 at 11:35

Happy New Year! Wishing all my dear friends a fantastic 2012!

Welcome to Limper and Mathschick!

I think I'll have to go with chocolate and fudge cake at the moment but I also love cheesecake and well everything really. 

Gosh Gastank you are brave - swimming in your speedos! Sounds like you had an excellent evening.

AF - Good luck today - take it easy though!

Ecky- sounds like you should go to the docs too, with your foot. Wish it better soon 

Phantom - Enjoy your first run of the year.

By'Eck - Take care of that blister.  Has it burst? There are special plasters you can get, never used them but maybe worth a try if it's a big one?

Loula - Glad you had a good evening and didn't do any damage

Well I am very pleased with myself because I did 16 miles this morning in the mist and the rain.  Didn't think I could manage it after my 10 miles yesterday and I did look a wreck by the end, but I did it!!  Looked at my schedule and there is 18 miles next week. I think I might have to insert a 10 mile long run instead and postpone the 18 miler another week.  I have no dead line so I think I might as well increase my mileage at a comfortable pace.

Anyway, going to play shops now.

x

01/01/2012 at 11:38

Happy New Year to all my CRAC friends and the new friends...Hi Limper and Mathschick....A warm welcome from me...you will get much support and encouragement on this thread....

Loula.....norty norty out late tut tut BUT well done on your 20 miler......spsh after only 4 hrs sleep...psst does the boss know????/

Ecky...you cannae go wating lovely vino like that...my motto an open bottle is an empty bottle...lol...Enjoy

AF...Good luck with the race today...erm i seem to have missed something....what happpened that you might not have been able to raced today????/

Byeck...Hows the foot and blister today??? Hope your leggies not too sore after your epic run in the mud yesterday.

HI Jude and Chilli and Gastank..

Phantom...Hope your club run goes well...let us know how you got on???

Well i was a good girl and was in bed by 11pm.......polishes halo Had a lie in too...LOL...And then went for a wee run...only 3.89 miles but well its miles on the clock for the start of what I hope will be a fantastic year of running.....

Off to in laws later for dinner and no doubt some champers and vino...etc

Have a great day everyone and look forward to chatting later.....

01/01/2012 at 11:40
Hi Jude..waves didn't see you there and very WELL DONE on your 16 miles...fantastico hun...knew you could do it.....bet your all boingy boing now....superb........ENjoy playing shops.....
01/01/2012 at 11:50
Gosh AFjust read back on the old thread.....I hope you are ok ...scary for that to have happened...you will definitly need to get yourself checked out.....nurse Franny says so and you will have me and loula to answer to if you don't LOl..No honstly though you should get yourself checked out if only for piece of mind...just as well Mrs AF was there..must have been terrible for her to witness that.....Anyway good luck today but reallly don't think you should be running...BUT we runners aren't good at taking advice are we...spesh if someone tells us not too...
01/01/2012 at 12:04

hello gang and new gangeees too

mmm cheesecake

Club was fun , a timed 5KM.trail run,including two big hills 28.33 and i finished with a bit left but the second hill almost did me in even so im counting it as my first run in my 10km schedule.

Listen to the girls AF you know better than not to.

Happy new year Jude and brilliant run.

A warm welcome to the newbees somewhere i was a short time ago.

and a very big Happy New Year to all.Have a great day.

01/01/2012 at 12:59

Happy new year all - this sounds like a good thread. 

Just entered my first half marathon and am a fan a cake - favourites being cadburys mini rolls and hot chocolate fudge cake with ice cream.

01/01/2012 at 13:07
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see).
Hobble, hobble, hobble...
Ouch, my blister hurts
Welcome limper. In this thread, running is something we do to help us deal with life. Some people seem to labour under the impression that life gets in the way of running
i secon d that by'eck !! life does get in the way-right. this is the toughgirl way. pop that blister, flatten it, put some surgical spirit on it and then tape over it .
gastank wrote (see)
Happy New Year everyone!!!! And welcome Limper!

Can't talk much, stringing together sentences is a challenge... Don't know when I got to bed, but did find champagne glass next to it.... Lost dinner suit and then found it hanging in the wardrobe... Been swimming in Atlantic in speedo, very very cold, decided afterwards very very bad idea... Don't have hangover, suspect still drunk... Might have a nap

Morning boss good luck today!
gastank, were you at the same party as me? flippin heck, i got home at 2:30m, and WALKED IT !!! in shiny black 5inch high heel patent boots !!! i DID NOT fall over boss AND i was such a good girl i even picked up a few bottles that norty people had left on the pavement -tut tut.......i fell asleep, then got up at 6:30am to go for my run..backpack done in 10mins , slung on back and i was gone..sunrise, nice breeze,lovely countryside,a few passersby saying happy new year.....just touching under 20miles later i finally made it back homenot bad for 2 glasses of wine , staying up until 2:30am, walking home and not much sleep YES I AM BARKING!!!
FrannyT wrote (see)
Hi Jude..waves didn't see you there and very WELL DONE on your 16 miles...fantastico hun...knew you could do it.....bet your all boingy boing now....superb........ENjoy playing shops.....

JUDE....honny!!! well done girl-you go!  wow , im sooooo pleased you did that. next thing, sort out when you can get yourself over here....your coming on an ultra rollercoaster ride wiv Loula

franny, it was a nice morning to be out wasnt it? good for you having a lie-in...i really SHOULD have too...i agree with you...the Boss man should DEF go see the doc. no matter how 'OK' you feel now AF , something caused it...and we need our frontman running those speedy times in full health !!!

PLEASE....just go and mention it to Dr.....yes we are nagging, but you know its because we care about you !

01/01/2012 at 13:09
The   Phantom wrote (see)

hello gang and new gangeees too

mmm cheesecake

and a very big Happy New Year to all.Have a great day.

i forgot cheesecake phantom!! i like tht too...and um, swiiss roll, and gateau, and custard slice, and doughnuts....oh well, a lot of cake

hello Deva duck, i am the very quiet one on this thread.*sits quietly with hands clasped saint like in lap*

01/01/2012 at 13:33
You're being a bit noisy for someone with a sore throat LLB. <<stern look >>
01/01/2012 at 13:49

Hi Deva Duck.......and welcome....don't beleive a word of it ....Loula........quiet.....erm..... Well you will find out yourself soon enough.........All this talk of cake is making me hungry.........mmm i like carrot cake ,chocolate cake, coffee cake and  cheesecake....mmm probably all cake ...lol..thats why we run is it not so as we can burn off the calories of overindulgence or as atreat when we get back from a nice long run............

Yes Loula it was a lovely day to be out for a run............Well done Phantom on your 5k trail run...your well on the way with your 10k training plan now my man......

AF......Hope your ok after your race...will try and check in later to see how you are.........but please go an get checked out at the Doctors...........me and loula are on your case.........you need to listen to us ...you know its the right thing to do.....

01/01/2012 at 14:01

Nurse Franny and  Loula on the case....*swishes superhero capes* LOL.....seriously though, AF, please, i mean look now, im sat here surrounded by all me medic books

limper...you will soon find out that i am THE worst patient ever and despite my job my cabinet has nothing useful if for illness remedy.an out of date ibuprofen ratting around at the back-if you are lucky......

01/01/2012 at 14:01

Welcome Deva!  What half marathon are you going to do?

Loula - Well done on another 20 miles!  That's brilliant, esp. after a very late night.  When is your marathon?  As I finished my run today I did think to myself that your ultra is over 3 times as long as I ran. Don't think I'll ever be able to do that ...but you never know.  2 years ago I didn't think I would be able to run 16 miles without stopping. 

Franny - enjoy your dinner and champers.

Phantom - Excellent time for a hilly 5K!

Hope AF is OK.  When did he say he'd be back?

01/01/2012 at 14:12
I come back from church and lunch and find all these amazing messages, including from new people. Welcome everyone!
Hmm, should we go looking for AF, I hope he is ok....
Blister is not huge (bout size of 20p) but it is right on the instep of my foot. I didn't think you should POP a blister but I will use a sterile scalpel if loula and franny say it is ok. I was planning a short recovery run but it is proper raining here and I have 2 children tucked up in bed feeling sorry for themselves. (not drunk!!!!!)
Loula, Turkish tea is great for sore throats. Worked wonders on mine.
01/01/2012 at 14:32

Lime and coconut for me

01/01/2012 at 14:55

Thanks for the welcome.  Am doing my home town half in Chester which is not until May, but I wanted to make my first attempt at my local race and it is flat  In the meantime I will be entering a few 10ks over the next few months and will chip in with a few parkruns.

You don't sound quiet to me loulabell

01/01/2012 at 15:18

oh i am*sits quietly*

by'eck i willl have to try that, it has been sore a few days but i made it worse trying to thrash the males of the NYE gathering we were at playing Nintendo Sport..not tht im competitive or anyfing

i had a blister on same spot by'eck whn i first got my lunarglides..they have quite a high instep and it rubbed , now even though its gone i put a cross shape of plasters over tht area...solved it pretty fast

jude, thank you for your kind words..yes i do sometimes think the same abt the distance.but i have to put it out of my head really, and break it down. my mara is in 3 weeks, depends pretty much on the weather and Gloucester not a million miles but would be a bad enough if icy or snowy and mr llb and miss llb coming too so wouldnt want to drag them out there in it. IF the weather is bad i will just have to find a another mara soonish..really my purpose of aiming for end of jan was to push myself over oct/nov/dec and not lose what id built up which has worked and ive done that. your 16 miles is brilliant and yes if you can do that now i reckon you do more

01/01/2012 at 15:21

Diva Duck Welcome.Honest Loula is sooooooooo quiet *spesh when she is in hiding*

Ooh lots of cake on here today.Just back from a walk along the canal with the kids so am having a bit of Christmas Cake. Im just so glad all my booze is gone now.

Franny it was lovely while I was drinking it but I felt a bit rough this morning.Had some Bacon and Scrambled Eggs and felt much better.

I will go the docs if my self help doesnt work.I just hate the Docs and will avoid it at all costs.

Hi to anyone else new.

01/01/2012 at 15:26
ok,we are waiting for AFs report in...and i know he is ok and did the event..phew i tracked him down* puts secret spy uniform away now*.....AF, come on in.....
01/01/2012 at 15:27

Ecky, hope you are ok, i hate the docs too we are soooo stubborn! i still have some xmas pud and im a bit peckish now so think i will use up some cream with it

21 to 40 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.