Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,201 to 13,220 of 15,643 messages
29/09/2012 at 21:02

*pops kettle on* wont be long By Eck. Where is the trolley when you need it ? Well done on your miles too. Thanks for the advice too.

29/09/2012 at 21:03

yes, I am fine thank you ecky. 

Oh, I have invented our very own CRAC trail mix using ingredients found in my baking cupboard (of course!)

1 handful of cake fruit (including peel for a bit of tastiness)

1 handful of almonds (or any other nut you find, this is for protein)

1 small handful of mini marshmallows (not as sweet as you think they will be)

29/09/2012 at 21:03

Mr By Eck my Hubby would be exactly the same if it was me.

29/09/2012 at 21:04

yup, I am well'ard me.  I worked in a prison with lots of norty boys who did silly things like think if stab people they won't get found out (even if it is in front of prison officers!)

29/09/2012 at 21:29

PSSSSSTTTTTTT

I've found another run - Punchbowl 20/30, 10th February

29/09/2012 at 21:32

Wow By Eck,I would be really scared in one of those places. I had a fit the other day cos I had to walk past Wormwood Scrubs.

29/09/2012 at 21:36

nah, not scary cos they is all numpties.  They got caught.  And we had panic buttons and C&R training and more brains in my little finger than the whole lot put together! (Plus I was responsible for their wages so they didn't dare cross me)

29/09/2012 at 21:40

ooooooooooo by eck are you ok????????????

*wheels in trolley with tea and cakes*

punchbowl   30 sounds good!! and i found  a 40miler for 7th april !! cyrilbeans 40mile challenge!!!;)

29/09/2012 at 21:41

oooh, lou that sounds fab,  What's on the trolley?

29/09/2012 at 21:43

crumpets, scones and shortbread

29/09/2012 at 21:46

any toasted teacakes? I really fancy one tonight, topped with proper butter

29/09/2012 at 21:56

LOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUULA, you never let us down with your Trolley of delights. Crumpet for me please.

Yeh By Eck I bet they were very nice to you if you were sorting their dosh out.

Little Ecky had a bit of trouble with his letter to the priest today. When asked why he wanted to do Confirmation he said "cos you made me" then after thinking about it he decided that he wanted to continue in his journey of faith and become closer to God. I do hope he remembers the second reason tomorrow.

29/09/2012 at 22:00
Crumpet for me too please...
Edited: 29/09/2012 at 22:01
29/09/2012 at 22:02

Don't worry Ecky, I took Anastasia to a service of celebration on Thursday night for a friend's dad who had died.  On Friday morning she was a bit puzzled.  "I didn't sing the last verse of that hymn." (trying to remember what the song was and what the problem could be).  Erm, why not sweetie?  "Because it has a swear word in it". (mr by 'eck and I are very confused by this point). I worked out the song was 'And can it be' and the line in question is 'That thou, My God shouldst die for me.' Thus began a 10 minute discussion on when it is Blasphemy and when it isn't.  I'm still none the clearer so I've told her to ask her Grandad who is a minister....

30/09/2012 at 06:47

Morning all!

This is the first time in a long time that I have had the opportunity to run but absolutely no desire to.  I couldn't get up this morning so I'm having a day off.  Getting up at 6 every morning including weekends is taking its toll and I'm still snotty.  There wouldn't be a problem if I could get a run in during the week but its becoming so difficult.......Oh well!

Good luck AF! have a brill race!

Enjoy your Sunday everybody else! xx

30/09/2012 at 07:58
Morning Jude. Sorry you still feel rough. Our bodies are great at telling us when we need to rest but often we are rubbish at listening
My body aches today. It doesn't normally after a run but today I certainly can feel my muscles and my feet.

Think I'm on breakfast trolley duty. Today we have scrambled eggs on toast (with marmite if you really want it), Bacon butties and porridge. Sorry there isn't much, I haven't been shopping yet.
30/09/2012 at 08:11

morning all

by eck - glad you are ok. Yes, I saw the news about the car park, terrible. Unfortunately there are lots of old folk like that round here.

by eck - didn't realise you were planning on ultras.

Jude - work takes its toll, especially this term, so just rest. I am the same, the first Sunday for a long time that I haven't been up before the kids and out running/doing a triathlon. Feels very strange.

30/09/2012 at 08:14

good morning all......hi jude, i agree with by eck we do have to listen to our bodies , injury,fatigue,colds, are all a sign our bodies are a little weary and saying 'gimme a break will ya !!!'......rest is as good as training , and although i find it hard to do i agree with it 100%-so rest young lady!!!!

by eck, how are you feeling? you did a stonking run yesterday, do you feel better abt Abo now?

hello everyone .....have a lovely sunday!!!!!!!!!

30/09/2012 at 09:09
Yes. I do feel a bit better but now worried cos it's not half term the day after. At least it means I will have to get up and moving. now I'm worried about time, not finishing.
MC, I had no idea about this world of ultras when I thought I would like to run the whole of the woking-basingstoke canal. that is 33 miles and both ends are within my reach thanks to public transport. I haven't managed it yet but think that is a training run for after Christmas
30/09/2012 at 09:54

Morning! Haven't read everything but just wanted to pop on to wish AF our Boss all the best! I'm probably too late, but AF, we 're cheering you on for your half marathon!

Go, Go, Bosssssss!!!!!

13,201 to 13,220 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.