Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,461 to 13,480 of 15,643 messages
05/10/2012 at 07:56

Im not sure how it was advertised but I was told that it was to be split. It seems that I was invited last min and because the other Charity has very good contacts then they came first. I am gutted though as I feel like a bit of a fool. I will put this one down to experience although I am angry. My local Councillor has a lot to answer for.

05/10/2012 at 08:19

ecky - not surprised you are angry, and especially if people donating thought they were donating to both then that is fraud, surely? If i were you I would contact your local councillor, oh, and the local newspaper, just the kind of story they would love! I would probably contact the other charity too, they may not be aware of what happened and probably wouldn't be too pleased either

rest day for me today, well apart from a busy hectic day at work, that is!

05/10/2012 at 12:18

Ecky-that is a real pain. Definetly worth making a bit of a fuss as you may get somewhere.

MC-Enjoy your rest day.

Where is everyone it is the weekend- anyone racing?

Back from a muddy 6.7 mile club run....now work to do.  

05/10/2012 at 12:54

Oh Ecky, that is not nice news. I agree with the others and would at least contact the councillor to express your dismay.

Good going AF - I like splashing through the mud every now and again.

Another sleepless night. For a while now the school the girls go to has had a huge teacher turn-over that has really affected the children. We'd finally had enough and yesterday we went to view another local school that I have links with. It was excellent. So we have made the extremely difficult decision to move them. Initially it will just be the twins until a space becomes available for Smidge. Our Big Girl will stay cos she moves next year anyway.

Supposed to be doing LSR of 4 hours this afternoon.... hope I manage it....

05/10/2012 at 13:48

Stupid hamstrings are still sore!  Must be a combination of not stretching properly afterwards, and the new more dynamic warmup that I tried - legs probably need to get used to it.  

I could really do with getting out there for a run, because I am properly hacked off right now.  I've been trying (since August on and off) to get Acer to repair my nephew's laptop which is going wrong after less than two years.  The warranty that comes with it states three years, yet Acer won't do a thing without a separate warranty that comes with a code and password.  Guess what?  No such thing came with the package!

Now yesterday, I phoned them again and the person I spoke to understood that it didn't come with the package and stated that if I sent the proof of purchase and scan of the warranty card, they could verify it and book the unit in for repair.  At last, we're getting somewhere!  Nope.  Today, I got exactly the same voicemail from Acer going on about the password and code (despite the fact I'd already explained to the idiots that it didn't come with any damn password and code)!  So I phoned Acer again, who told me to contact Argos (which I've already done before - guess who they told me to contact?)  Acer are saying that if it didn't come with the code and password, then it isn't an Acer warranty.  I know what Argos are going to say before they even say it.  Anyway, without the code and password, it's no dice with Acer so there's no point bashing my head against a brick wall.  Chances are some fool forgot to include the necessary warranty in the package - but of course, I can't prove that.

£50 or so and I can probably get this sorted out down at my local computer shop, it would be worth it because Acer have been useless over this.  After doing some research, it turns out in hindsight Acer laptops aren't very good - so I won't be getting one in the future from them!

(And breathe....)

Hope everyone else is doing OK, and hopefully that business with the money will get sorted out, Ecky. 

Edited: 05/10/2012 at 13:55
05/10/2012 at 14:30

It's been many years since I owned an Acer, RR; but I had very similar problems.  My final straw with them was when I bought and tried to upgrade to Windows 98 on it.  It completely crashed and froze.  I phoned the Windows people and before I told them anything, they asked ... is it an Acer?  I made my decision then and there I wasn't going to get another one. / Btw ... hope yours get sorted quicly and relatively painlessly.

05/10/2012 at 14:43

Seriously - that's what Microsoft said right off the bat?  Wow.  That just goes to show, doesn't it?  

05/10/2012 at 14:49

Thanks all. I am going to find out about it as you are right.If they said it would be shared then they are braking Charity law. I dont think the other Charity will be that bothered sadly and probably already know. I never realised how "dog eat dog" the Charity world could be.

On the plus side our Shirts are at the Printers,yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

05/10/2012 at 15:17

chili - it is a hard decision to move kids, but it will definitely be worth it, and I am sure they will settle in quickly. I moved my big boy after the reception year at the local school - he was just so unhappy and it was awful, and the experience he has had there has had a big effect on him and his self-confidence that has turned him into a very shy boy. The school I moved him to was wonderful.

I am racing tomorrow a 10K at Clumber Park, looks like the weather will be chilly but fine. Going to have an early night as I will have to be up early

05/10/2012 at 15:46

Afternoon all

Hope everyone is ok. Well done on your run AF. Good luck on your LSR Chili.

mc, Good Luck for tomorrow! Let us know how you did, have you got a target in mind?

05/10/2012 at 15:46

Afternoon All

Aw Ecky...I echo what everyone else says...It's really not fair.

Chili..Hope you get out for your LSR today.

MC...Good luck with your 10k tomorrow.

LOULA.......................Fank you sis for my little prezzy.....I love it  Plz let me know when your one arrive....Oh and I will post that thingy to Gavin soon...will let you know when I have posted it.

Hello everyone else...no gym for me today as at work but did go yesterday and swam again too...Got to work this weekend....Boo but it pays the bills......

Have a good evening and weekend folks.

05/10/2012 at 15:52

MC!! goodluck for tomorrow!! supposed to be chilly but bright!

franny sis, aw glad you liked it just a lickle something to pep you up xx glad you are going to gym too

05/10/2012 at 16:14

And pep me up it sure will.... I love my CRAC family.(((((((((( ))))))))))))

05/10/2012 at 16:31

RR - what a hassle with the computer

I have an acer actually and it is ok.

ok, we have one of little boy's friends over and his mum is coming to pick him up later so maybe I should tidy up the living room before she gets here!!

05/10/2012 at 16:34

Decided not to go on my 4hr run. Am not physically or mentally in shape to manage it. Hopefully I'll go tomorrow instead. Am feeling very cold (lack of sleep) so off to have a shower and I think I'll just climb into my PJ's. Might cuddle up with girls on the sofa for a family movie.

Franny - that really is the problem with bills.... there are always more to pay...

05/10/2012 at 16:35

chili - sounds like a good evening. Hope you are feeling better for tomorrow

05/10/2012 at 16:44

MC-Good luck for tomorrow.

05/10/2012 at 17:50

well, the boys are playing really nicely, but am looking forward to getting them into bed and being able to just relax!

05/10/2012 at 18:49

Hi all!

Haven't read back and haven't been on here since last Sunday so I'd better catch up.  I've had a crazy week - completely full but no running I'm afraid.  I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and Sunday.  We went to hear Holst's planets last night as a family. It was just Bursa symphony orchestra but they weren't bad at all.  Kids loved it (although the boys fell asleep half way through). Everybody loved Mars and Jupiter the most.  It was a lovely treat and really cheap (about 20 pounds for all of us + sister-in-law).

Anyway, I'm off to read back ..... hoping you are all OK....

05/10/2012 at 18:52

evening Jude

Jupiter is great....

better go and cook now, some more chicken stew I think, I have got a bit boring with my cooking but OH loves it

13,461 to 13,480 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.