Just a little bit further 2012

The Cake Runners Athletics Club :-)

13,481 to 13,500 of 15,643 messages
05/10/2012 at 21:28

where did everyone go? I am off to bed, tired and need to be up early tomorrow, may have to think a little about what to wear as it might be really cold in the morning

05/10/2012 at 22:01
I'm here, just absolutely whacked out
06/10/2012 at 05:07

Morning all!

Maybe it was me MC! I seem to have that effect on threads- lol!

By'eck - hope Moo is feeling better today.

Ecky - I agree with the others, it sounds like fraud.  Hope something gets done about it. 

Chili - hope you had a good rest yesterday.

Hi everybody else!  *Waves frantically* Read all your news but promptly forgot it.

Off to swimming and running now.  Kids violin and guitar lessons have changed to Saturday now too as they go to school at different times during the week and we can't get them to their music lessons on a Thursday anymore.  So we go directly to the music centre after training......

See you all later! Have a good day.xxxxx

06/10/2012 at 10:28

Hi Jude. I only know Mars and Jupiter what else would you recommend. I really enjoy classic music these days (getting olf or more likely most of this modern music is rubbish-sorry Loula!!). Enjoy your swimming.

MC-Good luck look forward to hearing from you later.

Just back from 7.3 miles in an hour so will (probably) rest tomorrow. May go out on my mountain bike tomorrow......the more I get on my bike the more I can justify a road bike!!!!

Speak later...

06/10/2012 at 13:12
Moo is still poorly we are trying to keep him on a dioralyte and dry cereal diet today in the hope it gives his system a rest
06/10/2012 at 13:21

afternoon everyone

by eck - oh, sorry to hear moo is still poorly

had a great time this morning - massive pb for my 10k - 1:06 (forgot the seconds), previous pb was 1:18.

had a lovely time as there were a couple from my tri club there and someone from my running club, so was a nice and socialble, had a coffee with the folk from my tri club afterwards.

normal saturday charging around for the rest of the day now

06/10/2012 at 13:25
MC, that is a huge improvement. You must be soooooooooo proud of yourself. All the hardwork is clearly paying off
06/10/2012 at 14:07

MC - Well done! That's a brilliant improvement.

By'eck -sorry to hear that.  Poor little chap. Hope he starts picking up soon.

5.23 miles done this morning.  Then kids violin and guitar.  Piano lessons now......

06/10/2012 at 15:01
MC Superb result U must be chuffed
ByEck. Aw poor Moo Hugs Thankyou for my wee parcel of goodies

Now I am only popping in quick as at work but wanted to tell you my news
We have a new addition to the family A wee jack Russell pup We went to get him this morning He is gorgeous and can't wait to get back home

Have a good day y'all
06/10/2012 at 15:03
Oh and Jude well done on your miles too
06/10/2012 at 15:09

AF - why don't you look on youtube for the 100 best classical pieces?  You are bound to like something there. I have lots of favourites so I don't know where to start really.  English composers like Delius and Vaughan Williams remind me of England so I listen to them a lot here. Oh - Well done on your fast 7 miles.

06/10/2012 at 15:11

Franny - aahhh lovely!

06/10/2012 at 15:34

ah, franny, lovely - hope he hasn't chewed up too many shoes....

06/10/2012 at 15:44

Jude-I have a bout 300 pieces on my Ipod- I probably know most of the well known stuff. Think I prefer piano pieces as well as clarinet pieces + Beethoven & Tchaikovsky the most.  

Franny-Enjoy your new puppy.

06/10/2012 at 16:00

by'ecks ... praying for your little one.

06/10/2012 at 16:01

AF - Sounds like you should be recommending stuff to me then.

06/10/2012 at 16:06

http://youtu.be/ufbexgPyeJQ

This is what I'm looking at/ listening to now.  Hope it works......(obviously not classical).

06/10/2012 at 16:32
Thank you Mr chili
AF, little moo likes c16/17th choral music. I think it's the close polyphony that captivates him. Google The Sixteen for some of the best examples.
06/10/2012 at 17:18

Jude-that is a good song. I lile quite a lot of Elton John's work.Here's a piece I like that you may not know- It is by a compsoer called Zipoli and is Elevanzioni for the Oboie. Check it out on i tunes. Beautiful piece. Also like overtures such as the Thieving Magpie and the Light Cavalry overture.   

byeck-I will check them out I have heard of them. Moo is obvioulsy a very sophisticated child. 

06/10/2012 at 19:11

hello MC!! well done on your pb!! thats good work! did you enjoy the course? what was the goody bag?

AF, good run  for you too!

franny sis! thank you for the pic of Chico , i got it earlier-soooooooooooo cute!! miss llb thinks hes cuteypie!!

had a great run today on the Northdowns course with Rocker, arrived 8am, grey and misty but was already clearing to blue skies. ran out towards the boxhill point-was very muddy on the trail, when i did NDW was bone dry and parched. reached the stepping stones and they were submerged!! Noooooooooooooooo!! there was a man canoeing across them!!..so we turned round and headed back which was  steeper running back than going out, sun out by now and warm!   passed by Denbies vvineyards,distance on getting back to the car was just over 26miles...if we had managed to get across stepping stones and up boxhill it would have made 30miles.....but a beautiful day out and brilliant training run

13,481 to 13,500 of 15,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.